or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Receivers, Amps, and Processors › "Official" RX-V1900/RX-V3900 Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

"Official" RX-V1900/RX-V3900 Thread - Page 4

post #91 of 6030
Does anyone have a clue as to when they're actually releasing the V3900? I am getting tired of waiting, so may end pulling the trigger on the Denon 3808.
post #92 of 6030
Thread Starter 
October, according to Audioholics
post #93 of 6030
And Yamaha's online store is still saying "late September".

We'll know in about two weeks on that one.
post #94 of 6030
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostyMelon View Post

Does anyone have a clue as to when they're actually releasing the V3900? I am getting tired of waiting, so may end pulling the trigger on the Denon 3808.

Shipping any day or perhaps now...
http://www.yamaha.com/yec/customer/P...cii_nRGID=1861

Audioholics seems to have them in stock. I also looked at the 3808 and it would be a great choice, but given the extra features of the 3900 for a few hundred more, I can wait.
post #95 of 6030
Thread Starter 
In stock, but Oct delivery? I have my suspicions on that info
post #96 of 6030
Yes I see it's for a pre-order...
post #97 of 6030
Apparently the volume bar plus miniscule numbers are still there on the new models (according to someone posting at audioholics). That's a pity because there are two lines on the front panel, room enough to keep everyone happy with large numbers plus the graphical thing.
post #98 of 6030
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvbeethoven View Post

Shipping any day or perhaps now...
http://www.yamaha.com/yec/customer/P...cii_nRGID=1861

Audioholics seems to have them in stock. I also looked at the 3808 and it would be a great choice, but given the extra features of the 3900 for a few hundred more, I can wait.


I called them yesterday, they do not have stock on this item. He said first week of October, maybe.
post #99 of 6030
I called Yahama today and they said they are shipping the RX-V3900's this week and I should be able to buy one next week! I hope so.
post #100 of 6030
Audioholics page is now saying "Usually ships within 24 hours".

Anybody have an open order there? Are you getting any indication of merch shipping?
post #101 of 6030
Does anyone know if the 3900 can de-interlace 1080i? Or upscale high def resolutions? Also does it havce graphic overlays over high definition materials on screen, I know the new HKs and Pioneer can do this stuff. I really like my 1800 but I wish it had better scaling, well actually I wish cable had more
High Def channels.
post #102 of 6030
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharpsuxx View Post

Does anyone know if the 3900 can de-interlace 1080i? Or upscale high def resolutions? Also does it havce graphic overlays over high definition materials on screen, I know the new HKs and Pioneer can do this stuff. I really like my 1800 but I wish it had better scaling, well actually I wish cable had more
High Def channels.

The 3900 can deinterlace 1080i

It may be able to overlay over HDMI, but the specifics are not known. Yamaha says 'GUI superimpose on-screen display with 6 language (English, French, German, Spanish, Russian and Japanese)' If this is mandatory for you, you may need to hold off buying until more is known.

One thing the manual does mention is

"The short message display (except some status messages) does
not appear when the component video signals with 720p, 1080i
or 1080p resolutions are input."

Which seems odd
post #103 of 6030
Dealer told me that my 3900 should be in within a week or two.
post #104 of 6030
I have my 1900 now. Its a great upgrade from my 10+ yr old receiver. I've only listened to it using the HD radio, but so far it sounds great
post #105 of 6030
Thread Starter 
Can you test HDMI clipping? You would need a disc with a blacker than black pluge pattern.
post #106 of 6030
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJHuman View Post

Can you test HDMI clipping? You would need a disc with a blacker than black pluge pattern.

Or you can use a PS3 with some test-patterns. If you have one, we can give you instructions on what to do.
post #107 of 6030
Quote:
Originally Posted by kriktsemaj99 View Post

Basically you have plenty of crossover frequencies to choose from, but it has to be the same frequency for all speakers. That's going to cost them some sales of the 3900 (regardless of how important the feature really is), but perhaps they think this will be offset by people moving up to the Z7 to get separate crossovers. (I'm only guessing the Z7 will have this, as the manual is not up yet.)


Actualy it looks like the 3900 does have independant crossovers for each channel. There is a reference to it on page 32 of the manual where it talks about speaker size measurements done in the automatic setup.

"This unit checks and adjusts the freqency responce of each speaker and sets the appropriate low-freqency crossover for each channel."


Sounds like this confirms what the audioholics guy said that was mentioned earlier. So I think its independant crossovers are there, and the manual just didn't make good reference to it being present in the manual setup instructions.
post #108 of 6030
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSI-Terminator View Post

Actualy it looks like the 3900 does have independant crossovers for each channel. There is a reference to it on page 32 of the manual where it talks about speaker size measurements done in the automatic setup.

"This unit checks and adjusts the freqency responce of each speaker and sets the appropriate low-freqency crossover for each channel."
...

The exact same wording appears in the manual for the RX-V1800/3800, both of which only have a single crossover.

For confirmation it needs someone with an actual unit to check the menus. The audioholics guy sounded like he only looked in the manual and made the same assumption you did.
post #109 of 6030
Quote:
Originally Posted by kriktsemaj99 View Post

The exact same wording appears in the manual for the RX-V1800/3800, both of which only have a single crossover.

For confirmation it needs someone with an actual unit to check the menus. The audioholics guy sounded like he only looked in the manual and made the same assumption you did.

Yea, I dunno, I'm just qoting from what I'm reading in Yamaha's manuals (including the top end Z11) and some of Denon's manuals (3308, 4308 ect) for recievers that some have reported has having independant crossovers. The verbage used in all of these manuals implies that there is only a single selectable crossover freqency and that you can choose wheater it applies to each channel by setting whether the speaker is small (applied crossover) or large (no crossover) independantly.

I don't define this as indepentant crossovers (I'd call it something like "selective crossover control" or "channel selective crossover" or simmilar), but maybe others do. I guess we need to clarify what the definition is of independant crossovers is when we ask the question as from your statement, it sounds like the Audioholics guy was simmilary confused or misguided.

Now of course the manuals could have been writen well in advance of the actual product release, so maybe its an undocumented feature. And, I agree with you that we also need to take a look at the actual released version of the product when it comes out, but until then, all I have to go on is the released docs, and something one guy who I have never met in my life, and haven't personaly spoken with has to say.

I'll still probably end up getting one. I demo'd a 3800 at my house for 3 days (and several blu-ray movies and other reference source material) and thought it sounded supurb with the rest of my setup and was a signifigant improvement over my old reciever. I only returned it because I found out the 3900 came out in a month and had an intergrated HD radio which I kinda wanted, otherwize, I would have been more than pleased with the older model and kept it. I never noticed any bass problems with the 3800 not having truely indepenant crossovers and besides, I'm a lazy ass and I always just end up hooking up the mike and letting the thing calibrate itself, so even if it was in the menus, I probably wouldn't notice or care so long as it sounded good (which the 3800 did, and hopefully the 3900 will as well)
post #110 of 6030
i went into Best Buy and you can order both (1900 + 3900), and it would come in 10/10. They said they won't have any to display until mid oct...but they did have the 1900 on display.
post #111 of 6030
Thread Starter 
I am very familiar with Yamaha manuals. I carefully read the section on the crossover setting. There is no indication there is more than one setting. There is a single crossover setting on the 3900 just like every other Yamaha receiver. I am 99% sure of this. I have not read the Z7 manual, so I can't speak about that one.

Man, I can't belive NO 1900 owners have given us feedback. Multi-point YPAO, BTB clipping, any quirks.

1900 owners - please, please give us some useful info on this product!
post #112 of 6030
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbcw7 View Post

I have my 1900 now. Its a great upgrade from my 10+ yr old receiver. I've only listened to it using the HD radio, but so far it sounds great

ppl here are calling you out
post #113 of 6030
Anyone know if the 3900 will allow HDMI pass thru. As in not using the video processor in the Yamaha.
post #114 of 6030
Thread Starter 
You can choose the mode 'through' for three modes -

analog -> analog
analog -> HDMI
HDMI -> HDMI

This does not appear possible on a per input basis, unfortunately. The resolution for deinterlacing/upscaling also appears to be a global setting. The manual is downloadable if you have other questions (I used the manual to answer your question.)
post #115 of 6030
DAMN! Somone should call Yamaha to let them know it is late September!
post #116 of 6030
So's next Tuesday.

The guy I've been working with at Ulimate in Park Meadows is still saying 10/3 in their warehouse.
post #117 of 6030
our system says 10/10 we are getting a bunch and our 1900 is alreayd on the floor. i was playing iwth it since i already have a 3800 and from what i see it adds the hd radio feature which is cool and a nifty little info button on the front to scroll through artists and signal strength. the real test is the 3900 its an expensive receiver. not to mention how it will stack up to the strda5400es which we caryy which will run 2k which i am finding hard to justify. when you can go with the sc07 from pioneer with icepower
post #118 of 6030
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick W View Post

So's next Tuesday.

The guy I've been working with at Ulimate in Park Meadows is still saying 10/3 in their warehouse.

Well, technically that would be the 'end' of September.

Ah, a Coloradoan. I'll have to check Ultimate down here.
post #119 of 6030
Thread Starter 
I am in Colorado, but down in Springs. If you can nail down a decent price at Ultimate, email me with that price. I am hoping for 300 below list, but even the online retailers seem not to want to do that.
post #120 of 6030
"The short message display (except some status messages) does
not appear when the component video signals with 720p, 1080i
or 1080p resolutions are input."

I am pretty sure this means the message does not appear when the Source Component is supplying any of these signals to the receiver: 720p, 1080i, or 1080p.......ie no onscreen display with any high def signals.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Receivers, Amps, and Processors
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Receivers, Amps, and Processors › "Official" RX-V1900/RX-V3900 Thread