or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › Signature Elite 141 Owners Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Signature Elite 141 Owners Thread - Page 44

post #1291 of 5267
Quote:
Originally Posted by sillysally View Post

How do you have your chain run. I have a BDP-51 no cable box. When I play Ironman or Transformers on Blu Ray I have non of what you are reporting.
So maybe you want to look at your settings on your 05 and 141. Also your cables and try to hook your 05 direct to your 141 and see what happens.

sillysally, do you not have any blurring when panning? Maybe I'm just super sensitive to that since I came from a CRT, but I can't help but feel the panning is just not as smooth as my CRT. Or maybe because the screen is so much larger. I don't know.

Do you see any blurring when panning?
post #1292 of 5267
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoChe View Post

sillysally, do you not have any blurring when panning? Maybe I'm just super sensitive to that since I came from a CRT, but I can't help but feel the panning is just not as smooth as my CRT. Or maybe because the screen is so much larger. I don't know.

Do you see any blurring when panning?

No there is no blurring using a Blu Ray on any of my 225 BD disc.. I also am very sensitive to every detail of the picture. These 141 are not easy to calibrate. That's not saying there is any problem with the 141 because there is not. I am going to rework my ISF night settings tonight. The settings I have posted are close but I am not 100% happy with the color's. One thing to keep in mine is that when I calibrate for what I use in my chain and what I like best for my Eyes.
post #1293 of 5267
Quote:
Originally Posted by sillysally View Post

No there is no blurring using a Blu Ray on any of my 225 BD disc.. I also am very sensitive to every detail of the picture. These 141 are not easy to calibrate. That's not saying there is any problem with the 141 because there is not. I am going to rework my ISF night settings tonight. The settings I have posted are close but I am not 100% happy with the color's. One thing to keep in mine is that when I calibrate for what I use in my chain and what I like best for my Eyes.

Hmmm. I may have to take a trip to Best Buy and take a look at their 151 to see if I see the same thing on their TV. I see the blurring using my HD-A35 HD-DVD player, PS3 watching BD movies and playing games, and I'll check tonight to see if I see it on my HDTV channels. All the equipment is running through my SC-07 receiver, but I saw the same thing when I hooked it up directly to the TV (well "monitor" to be totally accurate).
post #1294 of 5267
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoChe View Post

Hmmm. I may have to take a trip to Best Buy and take a look at their 151 to see if I see the same thing on their TV. I see the blurring using my HD-A35 HD-DVD player, PS3 watching BD movies and playing games, and I'll check tonight to see if I see it on my HDTV channels. All the equipment is running through my SC-07 receiver, but I saw the same thing when I hooked it up directly to the TV (well "monitor" to be totally accurate).

When i started watching my 141 3 weeks ago i felt the same way. But now its different. I dont see blur anymore like my JVC DILA had. I think im getting used to the plasma technology now and will never go back. I dont miss blurr or screen grain one bit.

I just need a BIGGER SET!!!!!!
post #1295 of 5267
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbe View Post

haha... You can't do a full/proper calibration with it anyways!

I had a few dents (stainless steel frig door) in the bachelor days...

Some good news.. I just received the info I needed to add a Control for Blue Only Mode (On/Off) in ControlCAL's ISFccc Display Profile.

It looks like this documentation also has the necessary information to create a Display Profile Set for the Non-ISFccc AV Selections (i.e. Pure) - Monitor Only...

Who knows, perhaps I can get a Display Profile created for the PRO-111FD/151FD too (Non-ISFccc AV Selections).

Is there interest in this
?

I'd be interested.
post #1296 of 5267
Turbe, add me to that list also.

Peter.
post #1297 of 5267
^1

Count me in.
post #1298 of 5267
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoChe View Post

$799 is less than a pro ISF calibration?

It depends on how many memories the calibrator calibrates. I use a 1>4 HDMI splitter before the panel to drive inputs 5 through 8 with the same signal. If I understand the 141's memory structure correctly, this allows me to have up to 8 ISF memories (Day and Night per input). Calibrating 8 times for different sources and resolutions would probably take a calibrator a long time, although whether it would burn up $800 of the calibrator's time is an open question.
post #1299 of 5267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert2413 View Post

If I understand the 141's memory structure correctly, this allows me to have up to 8 ISF memories (Day and Night per input).

up to 12 ISF memories

You forgot about isf AUTO
post #1300 of 5267
Would watching movies in 16:9 letterbox cause a potential problem with image retention with this tv??
post #1301 of 5267
We finally moved into our new house and the 141 has been mounted on the wall since Saturday. I'm pleased to report no buzzing, no blotches/streaks, and no dead/stuck pixels. BTWthe picture out of the box is just amazing.

Does anyone know how to get into the service menu to see how many hours I've put on the monitor?

Thanks in advance!
post #1302 of 5267
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRobusto View Post

Would watching movies in 16:9 letterbox cause a potential problem with image retention with this tv??

Yes you will see over time the bars on the top and bottom (when screen is blank) if that's all you watch. However if you run the video pattern once a week that should help. Don't worry be happy and enjoy your 141.
post #1303 of 5267
Quote:
Originally Posted by rx-8 View Post

We finally moved into our new house and the 141 has been mounted on the wall since Saturday. I'm pleased to report no buzzing, no blotches/streaks, and no dead/stuck pixels. BTWthe picture out of the box is just amazing.

Does anyone know how to get into the service menu to see how many hours I've put on the monitor?

Thanks in advance!

Congrats!

The only way I know how to do that is by using Controlcal (Turbe). Maybe there is other ways but I don't know of any.
post #1304 of 5267
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRobusto View Post

Would watching movies in 16:9 letterbox cause a potential problem with image retention with this tv??

There is no problem with image retention with watching movies in OAR on this television if you take some precautions. It has been recommended that after watching a movie you display a 16:9 images for twice as long as the movie.

You might want to make sure the Orbiter is set to mode 1. Another option would be to run Evangelo's Break-in disk periodically.

The manual also recommends triggering the screen-saving video pattern periodically. Leave the the white pattern running for a minimum of 1 hour.
post #1305 of 5267
I have ordered a 141 and will be wall-mounting. Those of you that have your 141 wall-mounted, how big of a hole will I need to cut?

Thanks in advance.
post #1306 of 5267
Since we have the elite sig monitors , is controlcal needed to calibrate these displays the possible way? Or does it just make it easier? I went on the controlcal website and it seems that everything that the controlcal can access , I can already access using my remote. Can someone point out what all the benefits that controlcal has for our monitors.

Thanx Chris
post #1307 of 5267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickff View Post

I have ordered a 141 and will be wall-mounting. Those of you that have your 141 wall-mounted, how big of a hole will I need to cut?

Thanks in advance.

What mount did you have? I only know of one mount where you actually have to cut a hole through the sheet rock and studs to mount your TV as flush as possible. Its a big project. Normal mounts are just 4 big wall stud bolts that mount the wall bracket. Then u put other half of the mount on the TV and carefully hang the TV on the wall braket.

To do those holes it was a 3/8 drill bit for my sanus mount.
post #1308 of 5267
What is the difference between mode 1 and mode 2 with the orbiter setting??
post #1309 of 5267
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rx-8 View Post

We finally moved into our new house and the 141 has been mounted on the wall since Saturday. I'm pleased to report no buzzing, no blotches/streaks, and no dead/stuck pixels. BTWthe picture out of the box is just amazing.

Does anyone know how to get into the service menu to see how many hours I've put on the monitor?

Thanks in advance!

you do not need to get into the service menu or use any software to find this out. If you connect the 141 to a network and then go into the web browser you can select "test mail" and the 141 will send you an email any time you like telling you the number of hours used among other things. To get a complete list of what that email shows check my OP.
post #1310 of 5267
Hey Guys,

My quest for a perfect 141 has come to an end. It seems I couldn't find one after going through 4 panels so I had to make a decision. Each one had issues (3 had buzz, 2 had blotch, 1 had severe filter blotch visible with panel off, 3 had streaks on solid colors and 3 had dead pixels). I had to either choose one or just give up. So I chose one I opted for a 141 that was the quietest with zero blotches (uniform black) and zero dead pixels. Sadly, it has some fairly severe horizontal streaking/banding on white and green solid colors. Hopefully I can live with it. Before I put it on the wall I'm going to go through some movies and HD programs to see how visible it is on regular content. I'll post some pics soon. Sure is a sweet looking machine

Cheers
post #1311 of 5267
Quote:
Originally Posted by vancouver View Post

you do not need to get into the service menu or use any software to find this out. If you connect the 141 to a network and then go into the web browser you can select "test mail" and the 141 will send you an email any time you like telling you the number of hours used among other things. To get a complete list of what that email shows check my OP.

Thanks Nolan I'll give it a try latter today.
post #1312 of 5267
Quote:
Originally Posted by baddgsx View Post

Since we have the elite sig monitors , is controlcal needed to calibrate these displays the possible way? Or does it just make it easier? I went on the controlcal website and it seems that everything that the controlcal can access , I can already access using my remote. Can someone point out what all the benefits that controlcal has for our monitors.

Thanx Chris

Greetings,

You can't access the 141's ISFccc Interface with your remote control.

For information understanding the ISFccc Interface and owner's comparisons of calibrated Pure vs calibrated ISFccc Memory, use this link:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showp...postcount=5539

ControlCAL is the only way to access all the Controls and Options in the Monitor's ISFccc Interface.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Ross View Post

I've just begun using this great software and as D-Nice has said in the past, once you go ISFccc mode, you'll never go back to Pure mode.
post #1313 of 5267
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbe View Post

Greetings,

You can't access the 141's ISFccc Interface with your remote control.

For information understanding the ISFccc Interface and owner's comparisons of calibrated Pure vs calibrated ISFccc Memory, use this link:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showp...postcount=5539

ControlCAL is the only way to access all the Controls and Options in the Monitor's ISFccc Interface.


thanx Turbe , im sold on this

The ability to go beyond 41fL of peak brightness without clipping whites or destroying gamma.
Much more felxibilty with the gamma
Better low end grayscale
Greater picture depth because of the above

can i buy just the software and no light meter?
post #1314 of 5267
If anyone here watched the World Series last night, during the game they had the situational stats on the screen near the top all game long.
Should something like this always be watched in Zoom mode??
Or does the fact that the screen changed during commercial break
diminish the risk of "Burn In"??
post #1315 of 5267
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRobusto View Post

If anyone here watched the World Series last night, during the game they had the situational stats on the screen near the top all game long.
Should something like this always be watched in Zoom mode??
Or does the fact that the screen changed during commercial break
diminish the risk of "Burn In"??

I would not worry about burn in these days especially on your 141, it does not seem like you are abusing it so just enjoy
post #1316 of 5267
Quote:
Originally Posted by xrox View Post

Hey Guys,

My quest for a perfect 141 has come to an end. It seems I couldn't find one after going through 4 panels so I had to make a decision. Each one had issues (3 had buzz, 2 had blotch, 1 had severe filter blotch visible with panel off, 3 had streaks on solid colors and 3 had dead pixels). I had to either choose one or just give up. So I chose one I opted for a 141 that was the quietest with zero blotches (uniform black) and zero dead pixels. Sadly, it has some fairly severe horizontal streaking/banding on white and green solid colors. Hopefully I can live with it. Before I put it on the wall I'm going to go through some movies and HD programs to see how visible it is on regular content. I'll post some pics soon. Sure is a sweet looking machine

Cheers


These horizontal bands will be visible to you if you purposely look for it. My best recommendation is to not look for it. It will ruin your experience on this panel, and honestly, I have never seen better displays then these 50-60 inch 9g Kuros. I don't have a 141 but I have a pro111, I saw the 141 at Magnolia the other day, very fine display, I would just enjoy it! My tv has the horizontal bands, and all of the Pio's I have seen have this problem, did you see some that don't have this???
post #1317 of 5267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackvette94 View Post

These horizontal bands will be visible to you if you purposely look for it. My best recommendation is to not look for it. It will ruin your experience on this panel, and honestly, I have never seen better displays then these 50-60 inch 9g Kuros. I don't have a 141 but I have a pro111, I saw the 141 at Magnolia the other day, very fine display, I would just enjoy it! My tv has the horizontal bands, and all of the Pio's I have seen have this problem, did you see some that don't have this???

Excellent advice Thank You.

Just took delivery and did another inspection and you are absolutely right. It looks much more uniform the second time around (Plus no blotches or pixel problems and near dead quiet
post #1318 of 5267
Quote:
Originally Posted by vancouver View Post

Seems like some are still having issues getting the email function set up. Below is what I entered to get mine working.



Sender address : Your email address, the one from your ISP.
Mail server(SMTP) : Put your Mail server IP address here...the actual number
Authentication : ON OFF For me its off
ID : Not needed for me
Password : not needed for me
Receiver address (1) : same email address as put in the sender
Receiver address (2) :
Receiver address (3) :

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoehne View Post

Turbe, what insight can you provide regarding the e-mail feature. Many of us are not able to get it to work and I think it may have to do something with the authentication feature or smtp server IP address. Even with all the info filled in per the manual, test e-mail produces no results.

Please help if you can.

The biggest issue here is that Pioneer left out two important options for email: Option for encrypted/secure connection and Option to change the SMTP server port.

ISP's are commonly requiring an secure SSL connection to their outgoing mail servers from their customers (this is not the same as enabling the Authentication option in the 141's E-mail Option via the web interface). If this applies to you and your ISP is not blocking Port 25, try Option #1.

Most ISP's are blocking Port 25 for Home Users these days (and there are good reasons they should). If you ISP does this, you only have Option #2 below.

Option #1:
Download this Free SMTP Server for Windows. You need to enter the IP address of the computer on your network running the SMTP Server into the Mail Server(SMTP) Field in the 141's E-mail Options page on the web interface. Set Authentication to OFF and leave the ID and Password Fields blank. You could run the Free SMTP Server when you need to check hours or leave it running on the computer (in your network) all the time. You may have to "Allow" Port 25 on your computer's firewall (the computer running the SMTP Server).

Option #2:
You will need to run a full mail server (SMTP and POP) on your network. Check out hMailServer or Google free mail server. I have not used any of these free ones, I have used Postmaster for Windows (it's not free).
post #1319 of 5267
Quote:
Originally Posted by xrox View Post

Excellent advice Thank You.

Just took delivery and did another inspection and you are absolutely right. It looks much more uniform the second time around (Plus no blotches or pixel problems and near dead quiet



Yea, just run the break dvd or thumb drive if you want to, I did. I think the horizontal uneveness was less in the beginning and became more apparent later on. Now I have a theory on this, so please here me out.

I think that these displays phosphors age at different speeds, so for some phosphors age faster hence them looking darker, and the slower ones appear lighter, hence the uneven brightness. Some people eyes are more sensitive to this then others.

Now the good news!! I saw a pro111 about three months ago at tweeter, its was brand new and had been put up on display with a few weeks of me viewing it, it had HORRIBLE horizontal uneveness! Fast forward to last week, I went to check out the tv to compare to the one I have at home and to my surprise it was about 90% better! Obviously the tv is being run alot, everyday, so the uneveness becomes less noticable as time goes on.

This theory is further supported by the 1150 I have in my house too, it currently used everyday, treated like the old crt it replaced and it now has no horizontal uneveness, and I remember it have a little when new. All I can hope is that it lessens overtime, because I didn't want to go through the hassle to exchange for another one if they all have it to begin with to certain degrees, I hope this helps!
post #1320 of 5267
I sorry to say but what you are seeing, is a problem with your 111. Yes as your 111 ages it will get better. However remember not all Kuros have this problem. Also you have a 50" Kuro television and the folks on this tread have a 60" monitor.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Plasma Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › Signature Elite 141 Owners Thread