Originally Posted by bobcatfootball
What is the best port to use to connect a computer to the 141.
Depends a lot on your computer, your setup and your needs....
1) Do you want the audio of the computer as well, or just the picture?
2) If you want audio, what is your receiver?
3) What are the outputs available on your computer?
4) Are we talking a desktop permanently connected, or a laptop you will plug/unplug?
5) Do you have a blu-ray drive in your computer and want to use it as a blu-ray player?
In my case, my preferences for connection would be as follows:
Best for me: HDMI connection to my SC-07 receiver, then single HDMI connection from receiver to 141 for all my sources.
Second best: Digital audio to receiver, DVI to display
Third best: Digital audio to receiver, VGA to monitor.
Worst: Composite connection
I have a computer permanently connected to the display, but since it does not have an HDMI out and the DVI out seems too old to be compatible with the 141 in the high resolution, I had to connect it through VGA.
I also just got a new laptop with an HDMI out, so I tried the HDMI to my receiver, I see a VERY nice picture, but no sound! It's an HP Pavilion (dv7-1123ca) with an IDT audio solution, and I see a lot of people had this problem, but none of the solutions worked for me, so I'll probably be trying HP support today