or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › Signature Elite 141 Owners Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Signature Elite 141 Owners Thread - Page 3

post #61 of 5267
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by coltsfreak18 View Post

D-NIce Reference settings before break-in (right??)

Thank you
post #62 of 5267
Quote:
Originally Posted by vancouver View Post

Thank you

No problem. Have you tried hooking it up to the internet for an IP cali??
post #63 of 5267
Thread Starter 
Does anyone know if its worth hiring a computer networking guy to help me set this up on my "network". My knowladge goes as far as buying a router and pluggin in all my various devices which need the internet I do have it wired and its sits 1 inch from my router ready to be plugged in.

The manual reads something about not connecting it right to the internet, putting up firewalls to only keep open appropriate posts ....uhhh...

I use a Mac Mini 4G do I need some software for this?


I feel like a monkey trying to ride a bike
post #64 of 5267
Quote:
Originally Posted by vancouver View Post

Buzz? Nadda! none! ziltch! Even with a pure white screen I could hear a mouse fart from accross the room with my ear right next to the display.
.

You sold me.
Now trying to get them to order one for me might be a bit more problematic.
Great pics, thanks for all the info.
post #65 of 5267
I'm still clinging to a buzzing 151 that the manager of Ultimate will allow me to swap for a 141 provided I gather enough evidence that the buzz is eliminated or greatly reduced in these units. Vancouver's first report is promising, I hope to see a few more owners having similar experiences, and I will probably be joining the 141 club soon myself in that case.

And very nice setup, btw. That manual package is something else...
post #66 of 5267
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlarsen462 View Post

I'm still clinging to a buzzing 151 that the manager of Ultimate will allow me to swap for a 141 provided I gather enough evidence that the buzz is eliminated or greatly reduced in these units. Vancouver's first report is promising, I hope to see a few more owners having similar experiences, and I will probably be joining the 141 club soon myself in that case.

And very nice setup, btw. That manual package is something else...

Tomorrow I will get a pure white screen on, put my digital sound meter right next to the top left part of the screen and take a picture so you can clearly see the sound level.
post #67 of 5267
Thread Starter 
I put D's settings in and put in the HD DVD version of DVE to run some of the test paterns. I found the brightness to be way to high. I had to go to -20 before I passed that test patern.

D...any thoughts?
post #68 of 5267
Quote:
Originally Posted by vancouver View Post

Tomorrow I will get a pure white screen on, put my digital sound meter right next to the top left part of the screen and take a picture so you can clearly see the sound level.

That would be great, I really appreciate it.

I'll stop polluting the thread now until I get a 141 of my own.
post #69 of 5267
Quote:
Originally Posted by vancouver View Post

Mounting hole measurements are

33 1/2 by 18 1/3 going of memory, its in the spec guide on the site.

27" from the floor
view distance is 10 feet.

Ha! My set up is 26.75" from the floor & I'm about 11' back. Looks very good!
post #70 of 5267
Vancouver,
Could you please post some pictures of the AV settings and how they are laid out?? maybe a shot of each settings page???

I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!!!

-The Chad
post #71 of 5267
Quote:
Originally Posted by yexel View Post

You sold me.
Now trying to get them to order one for me might be a bit more problematic.
Great pics, thanks for all the info.

I certainly hope the 141 buzzes less.
But I would not jump to any conclusions that it is a buzz free design until there are more confirmations since the buzz emits from the panel itself..
but one can hope.
post #72 of 5267
Very nice setup!
post #73 of 5267
Quote:
Originally Posted by vancouver View Post

First post updated with pics

Gorgeous setup Vancouver, from the place to the display to the view!

Hey, those look like my FPMs! Very very nice...and, it looks like you are now inscribed in the "Pioneer Book of Life".
post #74 of 5267
Quote:
Originally Posted by vancouver View Post

I put D's settings in and put in the HD DVD version of DVE to run some of the test paterns. I found the brightness to be way to high. I had to go to -20 before I passed that test patern.

D...any thoughts?

Passed what pattern? If you have to use -20 on brightness, check your HD DVD player and 141 settings as something isn't right.
post #75 of 5267



I want one!
post #76 of 5267
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadmak09 View Post




I want one!

lol oh oh
post #77 of 5267
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Nice View Post

Passed what pattern? If you have to use -20 on brightness, check your HD DVD player and 141 settings as something isn't right.

he is probably talking about the "Brightness" test pattern that is on the DVE disk. I don't know why its called brightness. I think it should be called black level.
post #78 of 5267
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Nice View Post

Passed what pattern? If you have to use -20 on brightness, check your HD DVD player and 141 settings as something isn't right.

It does seem odd. I wouldn't be surprised to see the 141 set up somewhat differently at the factory relative to the 151...but that much differently?
post #79 of 5267
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROMAN O View Post

151 mounts will work with 141's, unless someone can prove me wrong


This is of particular interest to me because I'm thinking of replacing my 150 with a 141 and would like to know if the 141 can work with the same mount that currently supports my 150 in a "plug and play" manner.
post #80 of 5267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Ross View Post

It does seem odd. I wouldn't be surprised to see the 141 set up somewhat differently at the factory relative to the 151...but that much differently?

Why would it be setup differently? It's pretty much the same TV as the 151 in terms of components.
post #81 of 5267
Yes it is, but I could see them possibly doing a bit better job in getting at least a D6500 grayscale out of the box. I'm just saying it's possible, but we won't know for sure until more units get out there.
post #82 of 5267
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Nice View Post

Passed what pattern? If you have to use -20 on brightness, check your HD DVD player and 141 settings as something isn't right.

sorry..

pluge test patern. Im using the Xbox Add on so there arnt really any picture settings to play around with on the source. My mistake its not -20, but -14 i had a few other settings off. keeping it at 0 deffinately is way to bright for that test patern. Background is grey and all bars are totally visable

Ill post some pictures of the test patern with your setting and mine and some further menu pictures.
post #83 of 5267
If this does prove to be a buzz free model, I'm ordering one STAT! This is really all Pioneer needs to do (in my eyes at least) to be the perfect HDTV.
post #84 of 5267
Quote:
Originally Posted by vancouver View Post

sorry..

pluge test patern. Im using the Xbox Add on so there arnt really any picture settings to play around with on the source. My mistake its not -20, but -14 i had a few other settings off. keeping it at 0 deffinately is way to bright for that test patern. Background is grey and all bars are totally visable

Ill post some pictures of the test patern with your setting and mine and some further menu pictures.

It sounds as if your add-on is outputting PC levels instead of Studio. You might want to go into that input's HDMI options menu as set it up for that input source. I don't know if the XBox add-on output RGB signal, but if it does, set the 141 to Color-3 and not Color-4
post #85 of 5267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert2413 View Post

This is of particular interest to me because I'm thinking of replacing my 150 with a 141 and would like to know if the 141 can work with the same mount that currently supports my 150 in a "plug and play" manner.

It should. I have some mounts that should arrive to people soon with 141's and then we will be 100%
post #86 of 5267
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Nice View Post

It sounds as if your add-on is outputting PC levels instead of Studio. You might want to go into that input's HDMI options menu as set it up for that input source. I don't know if the XBox add-on output RGB signal, but if it does, set the 141 to Color-3 and not Color-4

D Nice

Are you going to be reviewing this product too or if not atleast your opinion?
post #87 of 5267
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadmak09 View Post




I want one!


I think we both suffer from the same phenomonon. KURONITIS! I want one too!
post #88 of 5267
Vancouver,
Please Please please post some pictures of the AV settings and how they are laid out. maybe a shot of each settings page???

I think there are a large number of us that want to see what features/settings the 141 has that the 151 does not.
post #89 of 5267
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Nice View Post

It sounds as if your add-on is outputting PC levels instead of Studio. You might want to go into that input's HDMI options menu as set it up for that input source. I don't know if the XBox add-on output RGB signal, but if it does, set the 141 to Color-3 and not Color-4

il check, but we are watching a cable HD movie and all looks good with my setting. No black crush and it looks right.

Im pretty particular about proper settings and lived with a calibrated display for the past 3 years. Usually if something is off I can tell pretty quick. When I get more time on my hands tomorrow ill check all sources. I may go out and get the BD version of DVE for reference too.


I agree though something isnt right. There is no reason my settings should be so far off.
post #90 of 5267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanaticalism View Post

I think we both suffer from the same phenomonon. KURONITIS! I want one too!

Yeah, with a double dose of "Upgraditus" to boot!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Plasma Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › Signature Elite 141 Owners Thread