Ok so after having my for about a month I've started to notice things.
Not trying to alarm people but looking for confirmation with others or maybe some tweaking fixes.
Denon 3808 w/HDMI 1080p output connected to Plasma
- XBOX 360 w/Comp 1080i output then up
- PS3 w/HDMI 1080p passthru
- DirecTV w/S-Video 480i output then up
Issue #1 Ghost like issue with left to right or right to left vertical panning
- When watching TV, Blu-Ray, gaming when things pans slowly or semi fast it looks like its semi lagging to redraw the image and I feel like its double image. Kinda like playing a a FPS on a PC with a LCD and you turn with your mouse left and right and things smear kinda. Its very subtle but I can see it, my friends don't notice it partially because they haven't spent as much time as me. Anyone know what I talking about or relate?
Issue #2 Phospher lag?
Here is are youtube links that I found with the same issue:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kyllx3VaI8http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVw_VvFcV1U
- What I've read it the issue is phosher lag or Fringing. again related to the issue one maybe? When I pan left or right in Gears of War or Halo 3 I can see a light green outline of say a building after I already panned then catchup. It's not as severe as the 2nd link more so the 1st link but it's there.
- The idea I read was that when the plasma draws R G B, the R and B are fast drawn and the color G green is slow hence the "lag" in color. Anyway around this?
I really have no option for a return if anyoen is going to ask.
I found this website with a better detail on issue 2:http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/plasm...2007040133.htm