Originally Posted by tbase1
after i save a movie to my external hard drive I'm make the changes in the registry and see what it looks like in vista media center. If MCE is not able to launch the movie then I'll try other media library software. I would like to keep MCE as my library because I have a remote that controls the functions of the dvds.
AFAIK, with an external hard drive, you need to mount and map the drive directory to a folder for the movies to show up in VMC.
1. Click Start, click Run, and then type compmgmt.msc in the Open box.
2. In the left pane, click Disk Management.
3. Right-click the partition or volume that you want to mount, and then click Change Drive Letter and Paths.
4. Click Add.
5. Click Mount in the following empty NTFS folder (if it is not already selected), and then use one of the following steps:• Type the path to an empty folder on an NTFS volume, and then click OK.
• Click Browse, locate the empty NTFS folder, click OK, and then click OK.
• If you have not yet created an empty folder, click Browse, click New Folder to create an empty folder on an NTFS volume, type a name for the new folder, click OK, and then click OK.