Originally Posted by johngallardo
So I just got FIOS TV here in Woodinville. ClearQAM doesn't seem to be working in Win7 Media Center. Has anyone had any luck getting this working?
I'm in Shoreline and ran into the same problem. Here is how I fixed it.
1. Follow the normal setup steps to scan for channels. It will report nothing found.
2. Follow the menus - Settings:TV:Guide:Edit Channels
- check each ClearQAM channel (those without a 'lock' icon)
At this point, you'll be able to tune to each channel, but without guide listings. To get the correct listings, you'll need to identify each QAM channel with a call sign (KOMO, KIRO etc.). Make a list of the channels you want to watch and their call signs.
3. Go back into Edit Channels. Uncheck the ones you don't want to watch (Shopping or SD for example). For the ones you want to watch, click on each channel number - then choose Edit Listings.
4. On the Channel Listing screen you can type the call sign of the channel to scroll to the correct point in the list. Click on the correct item in the list to link it to the channel.
That should fix things up for you.
I don't know why this happens, can anyone shed any light on this issue?