or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Home Entertainment & Theater Builder › Theater Room Items & Accessories › Cheap Home Theater Seating at K-Mart...yes, at K-Mart!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cheap Home Theater Seating at K-Mart...yes, at K-Mart! - Page 14

post #391 of 564
i went to look at em today. i didn't get em, because they only had a 2 arm.

my instore review :

comfy enough. for the price, pretty nice. good support. i don't forsee long term fatigue.
reclining action is fine. comfy, i couldn't go ALL the way back, but they seemed fine.
VERY durable vinyl ! i took my truck key to it, on an underside place. i had to really jam on it to make a mark.
not too flimsy. and this was the floor model. well set up in home, i don't see a problem with them.
the seat is not wide, like a berkline i tried the other day. the narrower k-mart is much better for me. if your fat, you may have a problem.
the backs are not too tall = if you have em placed out in the room (not up against a wall). and have rear surrounds. the surrounds will not be blocked. also, tall backed seats can reflect sound from the fronts back into your ears = NOT A GOOD THING.
the cup holders should be more foward. when sitting straight, and arms on rests. if you have a can/glass in the holder. your hand/arm will be on the item, not good.

like everything else. some good, and some not so good.
i am redebating on whether i am going to go back and get em.
post #392 of 564
oh

would some one measure the seat width. i couldn't. and would like to know. as it is optimal for me. thanx
post #393 of 564
Is it just me, or am I seeing a one arm solution here which can be made into a love seat?


http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/p_10151_1...016820110001P?
post #394 of 564
I returned my seat today. I kinda liked it, but it did end up taking up too much space in the back when reclined.
post #395 of 564
yeah, they definitely go way back. I can see how it wouldn't work for all theatres
post #396 of 564
Quote:
Originally Posted by bholio View Post

I returned my seat today. I kinda liked it, but it did end up taking up too much space in the back when reclined.

try bello seats
post #397 of 564
I've decided to pick up 2 more of these for my back row of seats. I was in my local K-Mart the other day and I noticed that they got a fresh shipment in and the boxes have a different labeling/color printed on them. They are now kind of a goldish color.

Now I am just waiting for the next sale!
post #398 of 564
I don't regret buying my K-Mart chairs. I have four. They are very nice and comfortable. Glad they are still available.
post #399 of 564
When I go to kmart.com they say they are only available for shipping anyone else seen them in stores lately? Also has anyone tried calling home theater supplies phone number? All i get is another number to some talk line weird.
post #400 of 564
Sorry to necro this thread, but I just saw these in my store today. The 2-arm is on sale for $199.

I mainly game in my PJ room. Anybody use arm chair recliners for gaming? How is it? Don't wanna restrict the guns (arms) on the controller.
post #401 of 564
i really want to pick these chairs up but can't find them anywhere in MD. The S/H on these kill the deal though.
post #402 of 564
Online these show $180 for the one arm and 200 for the two arm. Shipping was about $62 each to Georgia. Would be a decent deal if one could find them in stock. For four (one 2 arm and three 1 arm) the total was $989 before tax.


http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/p_10151_1...d=theater+seat
post #403 of 564
Indeed. The S/H for a row of 4 was $260, surprised they dont offer a ship to store option.
post #404 of 564
These chairs are great! I've had them for a year and they are solid! I would buy them again.
post #405 of 564
I got four this afternoon at my local K-mart. Already assembled them tonight. 1am here so I'll report back later when I'm awake. Total with 7% tax was $792.00 at the sale price of $200 for the two arm and $180 for the three arm. Now if I hadn't just spent $350 bucks on a comfy sack thinking I wouldn't have seats for a while !!
post #406 of 564
Nice! I went to 2 Kmarts that are near me and neither had these. They did have the stand alone recliner on sale for $209 which was nice and also the loveseat sofa bed on sale for $299, also nice just a little small. Anyone in MD seen them in any stores?

Also, do the foot rest open in relation to the backs being reclined? What i mean is, does the foot rest only fully raise if the back of the chair is fully reclined? I'm trying to get away with not using the full 15" as i don't need them fully reclined, but still want the foot rest to be used.
post #407 of 564
Quote:
Originally Posted by NasDamus View Post

Nice! I went to 2 Kmarts that are near me and neither had these. They did have the stand alone recliner on sale for $209 which was nice and also the loveseat sofa bed on sale for $299, also nice just a little small. Anyone in MD seen them in any stores?

Also, do the foot rest open in relation to the backs being reclined? What i mean is, does the foot rest only fully raise if the back of the chair is fully reclined? I'm trying to get away with not using the full 15" as i don't need them fully reclined, but still want the foot rest to be used.

There is no lever for the footrest. The back and footrest work together...BUT....it seems like the footrest is all the way up when the backrest is in the middle detent/position. When you go farther back the foot rest doesn't change. My "guess" is that the backrest moves about 8" to 9" farther back after the footrest is full up. I can check the distance exact tomorrow if you want to know.
The reclined distance to the rear is the ONLY drawback I have seen. For me, as you come toward my room you are looking right down the row of chairs and it just looked weird having this straight line of chairs so far from the wall. If folks were approaching from the front/ish area it wouldn't even be noticeable. What I did earlier was separate two and two, moved them apart about 8" and then angled both pairs slightly towards the center of the screen. Looked completely different and looked great. The look of being away from the wall completely disappeared. Tomorrow I am going to pick up another two arm and if I still like it stay with two pair and carry the single one arm back.


For those that wanted a loveseat in the middle (no arm rest) it looks to be real easy to do. First cut the two small lock tabs off the single arm chair. If you had access to a small 110 mig welder to just tack the frame together would be my first choice (I have all kind of welders and cutting chit ). Otherwise you could drill two holes and use 1/4" or 3/8" bolts. The frames are perfect to allow this to be done minimum hassle. There probably would need to be a support from the frame to the floor right there too. That could be as simple as bolting a piece of 3/4" plywood onto the frame front to rear. It would take a piece 12" to 18" long and around 6" high. This may sound bad but it looks to be quite simple. If anyone is really interested I can take some pictures and explain in detail. I'm not interest in having mine as a love seat.
post #408 of 564
These are on sale in NC, and on the website so I assume everywhere. 199 for the dual arm and 179 for the single arm.
I am going to buy 3 dual arms. No cup holder fighting.

These will be temporary seats until I get some I really want.

Clay
post #409 of 564
Quote:
Originally Posted by poolboyclay View Post

These are on sale in NC, and on the website so I assume everywhere. 199 for the dual arm and 179 for the single arm.
I am going to buy 3 dual arms. No cup holder fighting.

These will be temporary seats until I get some I really want.

Clay

They also have a bonus card like the grocery stores do .... 1% back to spend in store I think and the same card works at sears. Also, someone earlier in the thread said to look for $5 off coupons....probably been a while but I failed to look. Sale ends the 6th.
post #410 of 564
Perfect! Thats just what i was wondering! The "full" recline position might be overkill but i wanted to make sure the footrest was up at least all the way for the middle position. Thank you!!
post #411 of 564
oredered one two arm this morning for 280$ after taxes and shipping.
post #412 of 564
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukenukems View Post

oredered one two arm this morning for 280$ after taxes and shipping.

Damn, that seems high! 80 bucks taxes and shipping.
post #413 of 564
Quote:
Originally Posted by NasDamus View Post

Perfect! Thats just what i was wondering! The "full" recline position might be overkill but i wanted to make sure the footrest was up at least all the way for the middle position. Thank you!!

I got my other two arm today and payed closer attention to the footrest/recline for you.
When going from half recline to full, the footrest does come up some more (about 6") but at half recline the position of the footrest is correct for the angle of your back. You would not want it any higher or it would feel like you were sitting on the floor with your back against the wall...it would be uncomfortable. The difference between half and full recline is right at 8" at the top of the seat back.
I made some pictures of the back and footrest in both positions if you want to see them.
post #414 of 564
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1TONY1 View Post


For those that wanted a loveseat in the middle (no arm rest) it looks to be real easy to do. First cut the two small lock tabs off the single arm chair. If you had access to a small 110 mig welder to just tack the frame together would be my first choice (I have all kind of welders and cutting chit ). Otherwise you could drill two holes and use 1/4" or 3/8" bolts. The frames are perfect to allow this to be done minimum hassle. There probably would need to be a support from the frame to the floor right there too. That could be as simple as bolting a piece of 3/4" plywood onto the frame front to rear. It would take a piece 12" to 18" long and around 6" high. This may sound bad but it looks to be quite simple. If anyone is really interested I can take some pictures and explain in detail. I'm not interest in having mine as a love seat.

Another update on this. The "receiver" plates on the side of the two arm bolt/screw on. Those plates could be removed. Unscrew the left arm from a two arm......bolt or weld the "receiver plates to the now exposed frame and presto, hook the seats together. They would still need a leg/support in the middle but with the exposed frame that would be easy too. I made pictures and can instruct if anyone wants to do this.
post #415 of 564
Quote:
Originally Posted by NasDamus View Post

Perfect! Thats just what i was wondering! The "full" recline position might be overkill but i wanted to make sure the footrest was up at least all the way for the middle position. Thank you!!

Here are your pictures at half recline and full recline. Also a pic of the two pair instead of four in a row.
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL
post #416 of 564
Thanks all. Picked up 2 today. I don't know what more you could ask for at $199 a pop.
post #417 of 564
I bought a set of these approx 10 months ago. they get light use (approx 6 hours a week). All in all, they've held up very well for the money. The mechanics supporting the recline are not as stiff as they were, so it's easier for the chair to want to return to its usual position when inclined. The material itself cleans easily and has not had any rips or tears.
All in all - they've exceeded my expectations. I thought I was going to have to replace them with a 'real' set after a couple of years - but I"m starting to think they'll hold up for at least 5 at the rate I use them. Obviously - if they saw a lot more action, I might be reporting back a different position.
post #418 of 564
i don't have these. but i did go check em out. imo, they are the best "bang for buck" chairs out there.
post #419 of 564
has anyone tried modifying the 2 arm version into the 1 arm version? i'm asking because the 1-arms are out of stock.
post #420 of 564
Quote:
Originally Posted by ufokillerz View Post

has anyone tried modifying the 2 arm version into the 1 arm version? i'm asking because the 1-arms are out of stock.

The frame bracket is different as best I could tell. The single arm has a flange welded on to allow bolting to the side of the two arm chair. Honestly the structure in my opinion makes it too weak to use the single arms. These chairs are narrow enough for most applications to use with both arms. I think the sale is off too. Although it comes around a lot.

Clay
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Home Entertainment & Theater Builder › Theater Room Items & Accessories › Cheap Home Theater Seating at K-Mart...yes, at K-Mart!