I remember these EZSet/EQ tips for the 435/635 as posted in this thread, http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...61#post5862661
I would suggest the following:
1. Do a Processor Reset. Note this will erase your stations presets and surround settings but brings you back to the startup defaults.
2. Set HK635 volume level @ -28dB.
3. On the subwoofer enclosure, set Subwoofer level control to about midway and X-over frequency control to max
4. Make sure you have a tripod and the extension rod installed
5. Run the EQ, for the Near Field the microphone should be aimed between the loudspeaker's tweeter and mid-range. Mike should be about 8-10" away but the spherical end aimed at the loudspeaker. Tilt teh tripod about 60 degrees.
6. Run the EQ for Far Field. Place the tripod in the listener's position, aiming upwards but the height of the microphone should be @ ear level while sitting.
Any tips for mic angle/positioning/distance, etc for the 7550HD and x600 models?
Also, my 435 allows me to set different speaker levels/trim for different surround modes as well as the 6/8 ch analog input, is that still the case with these new models?
One more thing, adjusting speaker levels thru the AVR's display (not OSD) was as easy as pressing the CH. button on the remote and scrolling to which ever speaker to adjust its trim. Can that still be done without going thru the OSD/Set Up Menu? Briefly looking at pics of the remotes, it doesn't look like there's a button for that.