Originally Posted by dlaloum
Well hurry up.... listen to it and give us a review... don't keep us hanging here!
Finished setting it up @ 3:00am last night, took the opportunity to clean up the wiring.
initial impressions:- (I am not an expert on receivers, so if there is something specific you would like me to test, I would gladly do it and report back)
1) Love the sound, same rich sound as the 745, no complians here at all. Logic 7 appears to be working in all modes Ive tried so far, but I am running it only in 5.1 config. Since I havent heard my 745 in 9 months now, I am unable to nit pick here as I was quite happy with 745 already
2) Love the look. Sleek, and blends in with the rest of AV gear.
3) The new GUI is much much better designed than the OSD. I think this is same as the 3550, and it just works without frustration. It took me only a few minutes to setup all the inputs et all. Claibriation is super easy to do as well.
4) No popping sounds so far.
5) Remote is not a harmony, but since I already have a harmony, no worries. I used the codes from 3550, (7550 is not yet available w/ logitec) and it works
6) Bridge II is easier to use than Bridge I ( i have the orginal). Simpler , more intutue, UI driven
7) Working with HD-A3, PS3 & Wii without any issues
Overall, it gives the impressions of being a much more refined 745 with updated specs. Only dings I may give are:
a) The printed materials and the remotes are not as refiined and slick as you may like for a reference system. But neither matter to me and if it saves them some cost , so be it
b) Shipped in original packing, and got a little manhanded in the process, though the unit is flawless
If there is any interest in photos or any other questions, kindly let me know and I would be happy to do the needful. This forum has helped me out so many times, glad to be able to add some positive value.