or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › 'Sons of Anarchy' on FX HD
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

'Sons of Anarchy' on FX HD - Page 37

post #1081 of 1214
Quote:
Originally Posted by RemyM View Post

How much did you miss? It was a 90 minute episode. Did it cut out a couple of minutes or 30? If it cut out 30 then you better watch a replay.
Sounds like I need a replay, I think it cut off the last 25 minutes or so. I did find a recap on line. Can't believe the marshall got it, will have to catch that scene.
post #1082 of 1214
FYI, according to my DVRs it's 90 minutes again next week.
post #1083 of 1214
Quote:
Originally Posted by RemyM View Post

FYI, according to my DVRs it's 90 minutes again next week.
Thanks, mine does too, but I'm adding 1/2 hr just in case.
post #1084 of 1214
Quote:
Originally Posted by saeyedoc View Post

Sounds like I need a replay, I think it cut off the last 25 minutes or so. I did find a recap on line. Can't believe the marshall got it, will have to catch that scene.
Yeah.. It was a great scene.
post #1085 of 1214
Quote:
Originally Posted by UGAd13 View Post

Yeah.. It was a great scene.
Damn, can't see where they are re-running it on FXX and I don't think they offer on demand.
post #1086 of 1214
Quote:
Originally Posted by saeyedoc View Post

Damn, can't see where they are re-running it on FXX and I don't think they offer on demand.

My provider carries FX on demand, but I think it's a couple of weeks behind.
There is always Amazon instant video.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FKQSDO4/ref=atv_dp_gtv_hd_sib
post #1087 of 1214
From an early episode where Big Otto slams the female FBI agent's head onto a table, he has been unpredictably awesome. Kurt Sutter certainly created a memorable character for himself to portray. Great episode!
post #1088 of 1214
BOOM!
post #1089 of 1214
I wonder why they are "stretching" the show to 90 minutes? The story line is typically like any other 44 minute TV episode then they seem add two segments with music just showing characters doing something though not really advancing the story line any. My bet it was to sell more advertising because they sure load the backend with longer ad break segments.
post #1090 of 1214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Conrad View Post

I wonder why they are "stretching" the show to 90 minutes? The story line is typically like any other 44 minute TV episode then they seem add two segments with music just showing characters doing something though not really advancing the story line any. My bet it was to sell more advertising because they sure load the backend with longer ad break segments.

I would think you're right .. more show, more commercials .. more commercials, more money ..
post #1091 of 1214
Thank goodness for DVR!

Another crazy episode. Damn Irish.....
post #1092 of 1214
Glad to see ol' Boyd Crowder make an appearance...
post #1093 of 1214
First, I thought this week's show was terrific. The SOA boys proved that it's never a good idea for crooked country cops to try to attempt to scam the MC. smile.gif Speaking of Boyd Crowder, the Justified character played by Walton Goggins, is it fair to say that Goggins has a lot of range? Until I checked Goggins' credits, I had forgotten that before his appearance in this week's show, he had an earlier SOA appearance as the high mileage transsexual, Venus Van Dam.
post #1094 of 1214
On the Shield his alter ego name was Cleetus Van Damme....Always a big surprise when Walt appears on SOA....
post #1095 of 1214
Loved how Venus said 'she' was a "low hanging branch of my gnarled family tree".
Nice prosthetics.
post #1096 of 1214
I suspected those pregnancy results might have been faked. Tara sure is playing the long con.
post #1097 of 1214
I think I'm getting a bit lost on what Tara's endgame actually is. Anybody can give some insight on things in the past that I might have forgotten?
post #1098 of 1214
She wants to get the kids away from Gemma at the very least and likely away from Jax and Charming altogether after a divorce and achieving custody.
The writers have been known to throw us off before though. Like with Bobby and the whole Nomad recruitment storyline.
post #1099 of 1214
Quote:
Originally Posted by UTV2TiVo View Post

She wants to get the kids away from Gemma at the very least and likely away from Jax and Charming altogether after a divorce and achieving custody.
The writers have been known to throw us off before though. Like with Bobby and the whole Nomad recruitment storyline.

I agree that Tara's primary purpose was to guarantee that Gemma would have to stay away from Tara's kids. I gather that Wendy wasn't in on Tara's scam. Either way, it seemed to me from the get go that Tara was overplaying her hand, big time. The preview of next week's show reinforced my conclusion that Tara's plan is imploding. Jax shooting Venus' awful mother was toweringly over the top. Nevertheless, I loved it. She was a mama that needed killiin'. smile.gif
post #1100 of 1214
Quote:
Originally Posted by UTV2TiVo View Post

Loved how Venus said 'she' was a "low hanging branch of my gnarled family tree".
Nice prosthetics.

Maybe I'm pushing it, but I thought Goggins' performance as Venus this week should be considered for some upcoming awards. I thought it was outstanding.
post #1101 of 1214
Great performance by "Venus" but friends of mine were questioning why the side story of Venus and son? I agree, Emmy award winning role..biggrin.gif

Was that Adienne Barbeau? She really aged.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000105/..

the new prospect reminded me of one of the pirates in Johnhy Depps movies.. Same eyeballs
post #1102 of 1214
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxman48 View Post


the new prospect reminded me of one of the pirates in Johnhy Depps movies.. Same eyeballs

I agree. And I could be WAY off...but something has my gut telling me the newly christened patched prospect/member is a mole. I can't quite put my finger on it, but figured I would call my shot now in case it turns out correct and I was first on the board with that theory:)
post #1103 of 1214
To have George "Ratboy" Skogstrom turn out to be a snitch would be too obvious, even for Primetime TV!
post #1104 of 1214
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxman48 View Post

Was that Adienne Barbeau? She really aged.

As Venus said, gravity has been none too kind to her.
post #1105 of 1214
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxman48 View Post


Was that Adienne Barbeau? She really aged.

Well she is 68.
post #1106 of 1214
Nothing on this week's episode? Wow... how the mighty have fallen.
post #1107 of 1214
I was just going to say the same thing. Couldn't find the thread before the above post. Maybe the complaints are that the show is getting like a soap opera..Gemma and the kids, the crackhead Dre De Matteo, the lawyer.. More IRA and shootings needed..
post #1108 of 1214
I was kinda shocked no one had anything to say until now.

I personally thought this was a VERY good episode and is starting to get back to the core of the series that I enjoyed. I have always been a fan of the trades and exchanges and willingness of these people to claim allegiance...until a better deal comes along. Jax setting the IRA-trade plot in motion was a nice little domino to tip and see where all that falls. Tara and her unraveling plan...Gemma finally telling someone the truth...Clay's little Hannibal Lecter moment in the prison...along with Jax finding out all kinds of stuff and NOT shooting Tara's attorney...all good stuff.

I will say...I had a brief thought watching Tara rock the baby to sleep that she was going to kill the kids and herself (a theme already established as plausible in a prevoius Sutter series:(. IF she does that I am done with this show. "The Shield" scarred me for life, and then having my own kids, I am not watching a show that goes to that level anymore.

All that being said, the next couple weeks look fantastic! And thanks producers for giving us all the extended episodes! Absolutely fantastic freebie for us loyal folks:)
post #1109 of 1214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdog35 View Post

I will say...I had a brief thought watching Tara rock the baby to sleep that she was going to kill the kids and herself (a theme already established as plausible in a prevoius Sutter series:(. IF she does that I am done with this show. "The Shield" scarred me for life, and then having my own kids, I am not watching a show that goes to that level anymore.

Hmmm... I didn't think that at all. I thought it was just for protecting herself from Jax b/c Lawyer Lady got on the phone and called someone (assuming it was Tara) as she was leaving TM. Hope that your thoughts on the scene don' t pan out...


Enjoyed seeing Jax help the girl and her dad stay in the houes - also surprised that y'all haven't brought up that the mom looks to be alive and is the bum outside the candy shop/new HQ.
post #1110 of 1214
Quote:
Originally Posted by UGAd13 View Post

Enjoyed seeing Jax help the girl and her dad stay in the houes - also surprised that y'all haven't brought up that the mom looks to be alive and is the bum outside the candy shop/new HQ.

I didn't even put those two together. The whole show (after Jax saw the photo) I kept wondering who the mother was. I actually thought it might be Margaret Murphy.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: HDTV Programming
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › 'Sons of Anarchy' on FX HD