or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › 'Sons of Anarchy' on FX HD
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

'Sons of Anarchy' on FX HD - Page 32

post #931 of 1214
Quote:
Originally Posted by dm145 View Post

Damn, I will never look at Boyd Crowder (Justified) the same way again!
His Venus Van Dam character was freaky!
I kept waiting for that box with Jax's name on it to explode

+1 That was the last person I would have expected to show up. Took me a second to realize that one for obvious reasons
post #932 of 1214
will he be nominated for Best Supporting Actor or Actress in a series? eek.gifsmile.gif
post #933 of 1214
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxman48 View Post

will he be nominated for Best Supporting Actor or Actress in a series? eek.gifsmile.gif

John Travolta was nominated for Best Supporting Actor Golden Globe. I'd think the same here....

post #934 of 1214
So all we need is Michael Chiklis to complete The Shield quadfecta
post #935 of 1214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Imp View Post


Between that and Clay seeing he still has control over people (getting Juice to tell him where Gemma has been and Gemma going into a rage seeing him with another woman) leads me to believe that Clay will be making a push to be President again and the last vote will come down to Tig who goes back on his word and votes for Clay.

As I was saying. wink.gif
post #936 of 1214
Clay is still being Clay, that's for sure. It's hard to say if he wants to be pres or just f-up Jax. Either way he's acting "unbecoming a member" and if he does get to be pres again, it won't be the SOA as it was when founded. His compadres are nomads and a duped Juice. Juice will be devastated when he finds out. And when they find out, can Clay be let to live? Could Clay be the gift to Eli to let Samcro be in back in good graces with the town? But then again, can the show be the same with Clay gone - will Kurt ever write him out? Kurt is still keeping the pedal to the metal with his storyline so anything is possible. Maybe Clay will end of up in prison and his penance will be to take out Otto to keep the RICO case from happening. And then there's Pope.... smile.gif

larry
Edited by PooperScooper - 10/18/12 at 3:55am
post #937 of 1214
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post

I know when I've said this before, some have totally disagreed, however, I still think Clay is laying plans down for some sort of takeover .. he's not going to give up the Pres spot so easily .. the stooping over, head held down, oxygen tank bit I'm just not buying .. and now we see him lifting weights ..

I'm quoting myself from 2 weeks ago .. and if it's not the Prez spot, what else would he be after .. ?? He wants his old life back and he's willing to do whatever it takes to get it ..
post #938 of 1214
I agree, Clay up to no good with club.. He leaves the doctors office and tells Juice that the news is bad. This after the doctor tells him that he doesn't need the oxygen and the oxygen levels are good..Glad to see Opies death revenged.. Good episode, so we found out the sheriffs wife's killer..
post #939 of 1214
Yep, I thought is was a great episode, just a lot packed into that episode .. Jax continues struggling with going to the Darkside and killing the head guard with a snowglobe that played It's a Small World was priceless TV .. Tig killing the wife as well .. upping the drug dealing with Pope .. whether the Club wants to go semi-legit or not, they have a long, long way to go ..

Gemma now essentially going into full slut mode .. and Jax asking her "Who are you ..?"

This season is shaping up to be a great ride so far .. gripping
post #940 of 1214
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post

Yep, I thought is was a great episode, just a lot packed into that episode .. Jax continues struggling with going to the Darkside and killing the head guard with a snowglobe that played It's a Small World was priceless TV .. Tig killing the wife as well .. upping the drug dealing with Pope .. whether the Club wants to go semi-legit or not, they have a long, long way to go ..
Gemma now essentially going into full slut mode .. and Jax asking her "Who are you ..?"
This season is shaping up to be a great ride so far .. gripping

 

+1.    Although I think Jax has passed the struggling stage and is now a full card-carrying member of the Darkside.  Tara isn't far behind him.  

post #941 of 1214
If Tara actually ends up doing what Otto wanted, then that's pushing it.
post #942 of 1214
Quote:
Originally Posted by edpowers View Post

+1.    Although I think Jax has passed the struggling stage and is now a full card-carrying member of the Darkside.  Tara isn't far behind him.  

I agree .. I keep hoping there is still some shred of humanity in there, but Opies murder probably was the last straw .. with Clay making his moves, when Jax finds out, that may be the end of Clay .. last season, we speculated that Clay would not last long and I'm still thinking he's going to meet a gruesome end at some point ..
post #943 of 1214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Imp View Post

If Tara actually ends up doing what Otto wanted, then that's pushing it.

I really, really hope they don't take it that far ..
post #944 of 1214
As others have said, in order for Clay to retain his seat at the table he has to be able to ride.

Since it's obvious he is strong enough to do so this would be my ideal scenario.

Leave that part of the storyline until the end of the season. Then, when he tries to ride, something happens to his bike and he crashes and dies. Karma for the whole John Teller incident.
post #945 of 1214
Piney rode a trike .. what prevents Clay from doing the same .. ??

post #946 of 1214
I could see Clay being too proud to ride that.
post #947 of 1214
I'm still not so convinced he'd be able to ride. It's not the gunshot/chest wounds, it's his arthritis in his hands. He was having a hard time with that before he got shot. I'm not even sure he'd be able to ride Piney's trike. He'd still need the movement in his hands to be able to operate the clutch/brakes, and throttle, as well as keeping a strong enough grip on the handlebars period.

I'm wondering if it's going to be more of a burn it all type thing. If he can't be in charge then nobody can so he'll take the whole club down.
post #948 of 1214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerstalker View Post

I'm still not so convinced he'd be able to ride. It's not the gunshot/chest wounds, it's his arthritis in his hands. He was having a hard time with that before he got shot. I'm not even sure he'd be able to ride Piney's trike. He'd still need the movement in his hands to be able to operate the clutch/brakes, and throttle, as well as keeping a strong enough grip on the handlebars period.
I'm wondering if it's going to be more of a burn it all type thing. If he can't be in charge then nobody can so he'll take the whole club down.

I know this will date me, but back in the 1960's Chris Draayer (who was a Harley racer at the time) lost I believe either his hand or his arm below the elbow .. he had a device that allowed him to still race for some time after his accident .. in my small group of riders of which all of us are old Vets, we have guys that have various handicap devices mounted either on the bike or on their own body that allows them to still enjoy the freedom of the road ..
post #949 of 1214
There goes all of Clay's votes.

I'm guessing Gemma doesn't have On Star in her Escalade.

Awful high body count this season.
post #950 of 1214
Are they seriously going to kill one of Jax's kids?

I'm not a big fan of children, but they really didn't need to go there.
post #951 of 1214
Gemma will never see those kids again, was that booze or pot kicking in when she was driving? Was that one of Popes crew that ran Jax off of the road? Yes extremely high body count this season..
post #952 of 1214
It was made to look like Pope's crew did it. I'm sure Clay paid them for the attack though.
post #953 of 1214
Great Ep last night although Kurt Sutter is really taking it to the dark side. Having the earlier discussion between Jax and Jemma regarding thomas
death and then having what happened to Jax son at the end, wow. Also nice surprise that the situation with Unser did not go the way I thought it would.
Wonder where the third guy is and how long will he stay alive. Its gotta be Clay who set up the hit at the end to make it look like Pope but Pope is not going
to look kindly on someone trying to make him look bad. When is Juice gonna turn on Clay?
post #954 of 1214
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxman48 View Post

Gemma will never see those kids again, was that booze or pot kicking in when she was driving? Was that one of Popes crew that ran Jax off of the road? Yes extremely high body count this season..
The Gemma thing at the end is the first time I thought to myself, "Now wait a second." Yes, it is TV and the show is over-the-top, but I thought the wreck pushed believability a bit. It's not like it was the first time Gemma ever copped a buzz and drove. It does fit with her current affinity for self destruction, but it just seemed a bit like a stretch to me. It is guaranteed to make for some good stuff in upcoming episodes!

larry
Edited by PooperScooper - 10/25/12 at 4:30am
post #955 of 1214
This show is way over the top now. Violence and mayhem have always been a part, but there's no need to cram all this junk in one ep like they did here. Gemma's crash and possible death of one of Jax's kids was just beyond stupid, and I'm not sure why they wanted to go there. Gemma might be messed up but there's no way she is going to endanger her grandkids like that.

This was a jump the shark moment for the show.
post #956 of 1214
Another great episode last night in my opinion. Jax really has kind of gone a bit bloodcrazy, Bobby and Happy even seem to notice and looked suprised on the rooftop.

Really suprised Juice came clean to Clay, and Clay came somewhat clean to him. Going to be interesting to see how Clay starts using this new info. Really suprised Juice hasn't caught on and realized how crooked Clay is though.

When is Tara going to learn to start hitting with her left, she keeps trying to screw up that right arm so it never works again I guess.
post #957 of 1214
I have been watching this show from the start and although entertaining, I have grown to dislike pretty much everyone in it. Jax, who was once interested in his father's understanding of how the club was going off the track and was interested in going more legit (sounds like Michael Corleone) struggles with the reality of their business and goes farther and farther. Clay is the most despicable person in the show with Gemma not far behind. More interesting than what Clay does with his knowledge, is how he and Gemma's relationship and her spying for Jax goes as she tries to meet his deal to get back to be with her grandchildren.

Bobby still seems to be the most decent of the group. I will be sticking it out, but again don't really like any of the characters anymore. Thank god for CC, cause Chibs is getting harder to understand, not easier.

Lastly, how funny that they advertise SOA apparel. This is the most gnarly looking group and anyone other than a biker would not want to look like them. If dressed as a SOA and you met a real biker, you would probably be dead.
post #958 of 1214
Quote:
Originally Posted by FOPA View Post

I have been watching this show from the start and although entertaining, I have grown to dislike pretty much everyone in it. Jax, who was once interested in his father's understanding of how the club was going off the track and was interested in going more legit (sounds like Michael Corleone) struggles with the reality of their business and goes farther and farther. Clay is the most despicable person in the show with Gemma not far behind. More interesting than what Clay does with his knowledge, is how he and Gemma's relationship and her spying for Jax goes as she tries to meet his deal to get back to be with her grandchildren.
Bobby still seems to be the most decent of the group. I will be sticking it out, but again don't really like any of the characters anymore. Thank god for CC, cause Chibs is getting harder to understand, not easier.
Lastly, how funny that they advertise SOA apparel. This is the most gnarly looking group and anyone other than a biker would not want to look like them. If dressed as a SOA and you met a real biker, you would probably be dead.

Not to mention, after the Irish gun runner shot up their bikes, they are riding around in matched SOA special edition Harley's with blacked chrome and LED lights everywhere.
post #959 of 1214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary McCoy View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOPA View Post

I have been watching this show from the start and although entertaining, I have grown to dislike pretty much everyone in it. Jax, who was once interested in his father's understanding of how the club was going off the track and was interested in going more legit (sounds like Michael Corleone) struggles with the reality of their business and goes farther and farther. Clay is the most despicable person in the show with Gemma not far behind. More interesting than what Clay does with his knowledge, is how he and Gemma's relationship and her spying for Jax goes as she tries to meet his deal to get back to be with her grandchildren.
Bobby still seems to be the most decent of the group. I will be sticking it out, but again don't really like any of the characters anymore. Thank god for CC, cause Chibs is getting harder to understand, not easier.
Lastly, how funny that they advertise SOA apparel. This is the most gnarly looking group and anyone other than a biker would not want to look like them. If dressed as a SOA and you met a real biker, you would probably be dead.

Not to mention, after the Irish gun runner shot up their bikes, they are riding around in matched SOA special edition Harley's with blacked chrome and LED lights everywhere.
Those orange LEDs look awful, along with the mirrors.

Great episode. And I was very glad they skipped the touchy-feely music/song part near the end they've been doing in many episodes.

For a second I thought Clay was going to kill Juice. But Clay still needs him. So, is the "snitch at the table" Juice?

larry
post #960 of 1214
Quote:
Originally Posted by PooperScooper View Post

The Gemma thing at the end is the first time I thought to myself, "Now wait a second." Yes, it is TV and the show is over-the-top, but I thought the wreck pushed believability a bit. It's not like it was the first time Gemma ever copped a buzz and drove. It does fit with her current affinity for self destruction, but it just seemed a bit like a stretch to me. It is guaranteed to make for some good stuff in upcoming episodes!
larry

I'm with you on that on all counts .. she did not just get into the SUV 5 minutes after getting stoned with Unser .. she is a regular user and by her own admission drove while stoned many times .. she had the kids in the SUV which would have made anyone else more alert .. the Kung Fu on that piece of the story was weak ..
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: HDTV Programming
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › 'Sons of Anarchy' on FX HD