or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › "Fringe" on Fox HD
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

"Fringe" on Fox HD - Page 198

post #5911 of 6444
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonwolf615 View Post

All the talk about the hand makes me think of Torchwood. smile.gif

It (the glove) was used both by Gwenn and Captian Jack IIRC? I miss Torchwood.
Edited by Sharp1080 - 11/23/12 at 10:43am
post #5912 of 6444
Me too. But I was referring to the hand Jack kept in a jar and zealously guarded. Had to watch the good doctor to know why...Its probably not a reference to it, but I like to think Fringe is giving a shout out to a fellow time traveler. smile.gif
post #5913 of 6444
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonwolf615 View Post

Me too. But I was referring to the hand Jack kept in a jar and zealously guarded. Had to watch the good doctor to know why...Its probably not a reference to it, but I like to think Fringe is giving a shout out to a fellow time traveler. smile.gif
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Maybe they can completely regenerate Belly from just his hand, as happened for the Doctor's "twin".
(spoiler for Dr Who fans who don't recognize the reference.)
post #5914 of 6444
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonwolf615

All the talk about the hand makes me think of Torchwood.

It (the glove) was used both by Gwenn and Captian Jack IIRC? I miss Torchwood.
Edited by Sharp1080 - 11/23/12 at 1:43pm

Ohhhhh me too!
post #5915 of 6444
For the record, "The Hand" and "The Glove" are two different stories (actually three, IIRC.)
post #5916 of 6444
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTVChallenged View Post

For the record, "The Hand" and "The Glove" are two different stories (actually three, IIRC.)


I remember the glove from Torchwood but cannot remember the "hand "episode from Doctor Who? It has been cool to watch the Fringe series on the Science channel.biggrin.gif
post #5917 of 6444
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharp1080 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTVChallenged View Post

For the record, "The Hand" and "The Glove" are two different stories (actually three, IIRC.)


I remember the glove from Torchwood
Actually, there were two gloves. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Torchwood_items#R
Quote:
but cannot remember the "hand "episode from Doctor Who?
The hand appeared in several episodes of both Torchwood and Dr. Who. For details, see http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/The_Doctor%27s_hand
post #5918 of 6444
New episode tonight. smile.gif
post #5919 of 6444
So, Peter pulls out the tech. Up until he actually did it, I wasn't sure which way he would go. I wonder if he will put it back in or if Olivia will take it for a test spin.
post #5920 of 6444
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericglo View Post

So, Peter pulls out the tech. Up until he actually did it, I wasn't sure which way he would go. I wonder if he will put it back in or if Olivia will take it for a test spin.
In all futures Olivia must die ;-)
post #5921 of 6444
Lots of pulling of the heart string in this epi..Was that black lady Jill Scott?


DJoel
Edited by Djoel - 12/8/12 at 8:49am
post #5922 of 6444
I was expecting the mother of the oracle to have been one of the cortexiphan test subjects and one of her abilities had been passed along.
post #5923 of 6444
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djoel View Post

Lots of pulling of the heart string in this epi..Was that black lady Jill Scott?
DJoel


Very good Djoel on spotting her. I was saying to myself, "I've seen her before" and now after you clued me in I remember it was her singing on Chris Botti's Blu-ray live with orchestra and special guests. Beautiful lady and voice.This episode was good, It appeared that Peter was not going to pull it out until he flashed back to his memories.
Edited by Sharp1080 - 12/8/12 at 10:48am
post #5924 of 6444
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharp1080 View Post

Very good Djoel on spotting her. I was saying to myself, "I've seen her before" and now after you clued me in I remember it was her singing on Chris Botti's Blu-ray live with orchestra and special guests. Beautiful lady and voice.This episode was good, It appeared that Peter was not going to pull it out until he flashed back to his memories.

I'm not too familiar with her work maybe the only thing I own is a free music video from iTunes, she been in those Tyler Perry angry chick flicks..Not bad of an actress either.

I also assume Olivia kidnapping would affect the Head Baldy's time line ,but it didn't, the whole kidnapping was a bit odd for me.

DJoel
post #5925 of 6444
awesome episode! Is Peter now a mutant? Since the implant had already caused changes in his brain those should remain even after he took it out, right?
post #5926 of 6444
Walter said that the effects would be irreversible if the implanted weren't removed soon, so Peter should be able to return to his former self. Good episode!
post #5927 of 6444
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharp1080 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djoel View Post

Lots of pulling of the heart string in this epi..Was that black lady Jill Scott?
DJoel


Very good Djoel on spotting her. I was saying to myself, "I've seen her before" and now after you clued me in I remember it was her singing on Chris Botti's Blu-ray live with orchestra and special guests. Beautiful lady and voice.This episode was good, It appeared that Peter was not going to pull it out until he flashed back to his memories.

She starred in the HBO series The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency. I keep hoping for a third season.
post #5928 of 6444
Liked the first scene when Peter went all Neo . . .
post #5929 of 6444
Great episode.

Now....does Olivia insert the tech to finish the mission that Peter started? It'd be kind of fun watching her go Neo on some observers.


Been watch the episodes of Fringe the Sci channel broadcast a couple of weeks ago. Fun watching an observer here and there go through the scene.
post #5930 of 6444
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimP View Post

Been watch the episodes of Fringe the Sci channel broadcast a couple of weeks ago. Fun watching an observer here and there go through the scene.

I recall a FOX NFL game that aired during the 1st season of FRINGE. September was seen on the sidelines twice, IIRC, during cutaways to commercials. Pretty good promo.
post #5931 of 6444
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimP View Post

Great episode.
Now....does Olivia insert the tech to finish the mission that Peter started? It'd be kind of fun watching her go Neo on some observers.
Been watch the episodes of Fringe the Sci channel broadcast a couple of weeks ago. Fun watching an observer here and there go through the scene.

I'm watching these old episodes now. I forgot how great they were. And it just makes this season look even paler by comparison.
post #5932 of 6444
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhaller View Post

I'm watching these old episodes now. I forgot how great they were. And it just makes this season look even paler by comparison.

I don't know--I watched through the entire previous four seasons as Amazon Instant Video just recently and I'm enjoying this season as much as the rest.
post #5933 of 6444
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhaller View Post

I'm watching these old episodes now. I forgot how great they were. And it just makes this season look even paler by comparison.

In contrast I think this season makes the sub-par X-Files clones of the first season look as dull and formulaic as I always thought they were.

Every season since the third has managed to reinvent itself in ways that are surprising and inventive for prime time television. This season has been no exception.

Hooray for losing casual viewers and not caring! Otherwise the show would have been pumping out MOTW stories every year.
post #5934 of 6444
To me, the early episodes make more sense knowing where the plot line goes in the current season.
post #5935 of 6444
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeltscott View Post

I don't know--I watched through the entire previous four seasons as Amazon Instant Video just recently and I'm enjoying this season as much as the rest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionOn View Post

In contrast I think this season makes the sub-par X-Files clones of the first season look as dull and formulaic as I always thought they were.
Every season since the third has managed to reinvent itself in ways that are surprising and inventive for prime time television. This season has been no exception.
Hooray for losing casual viewers and not caring! Otherwise the show would have been pumping out MOTW stories every year.

I think once they lsot the need to bring in new eyes, and started to focus on the mythology of the show, it got much much better, while the MOTW episodddes were sometimes enjoyable, it often distracted from where the show was going. I have to agree, I am enjoying this show as much as the previous seasons, but this is one show that has been fairly consistant as far as character development, ect goes.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimP View Post

To me, the early episodes make more sense knowing where the plot line goes in the current season.

Totally agree, this current season is a closure to everything we've seen in the past. While I know EVERYTHING wont be answered, the overall arch will be IMO....
post #5936 of 6444
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post

I think once they lost the need to bring in new eyes, and started to focus on the mythology of the show, it got much much better, while the MOTW episodes were sometimes enjoyable, it often distracted from where the show was going. I have to agree, I am enjoying this show as much as the previous seasons, but this is one show that has been fairly consistant as far as character development, ect goes.....

This just goes to show that the suits @ FOX really are big FRINGE fans. It is a rare thing in this day & age for a network (FOX in particular) to have so much faith in a weird, low rated serialized SciFi show. Plus WB obviously believes in the show's syndicated future.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post

I agree, this current season is a closure to everything we've seen in the past. While I know EVERYTHING wont be answered, the overall arch will be IMO....

A few plot threads have & likely will go by the wayside (Sam Weiss, anyone?)............although wouldn't it be a hoot of Walter's mysterious helper "Donald" was actually Weiss.

I still think we will see September one more time in the next 5 episodes. And while I will avoid actual spoilers here, having seen the titles of the last 2 eps....I wonder if we will get another peek @ the alt verse & that confounded Machine.....

While I did enjoy the S4 ender, I'm glad that was not the series finale. And what I have noticed this season is the lack of Nina Sharp & Broyles. It is not that they could/would have little to do this season. Obviously was cheaper for WB to just keep the core characters (Bishops, Olivia & Astrid) on the payroll & give Reddick & Brown "special appearance by" slots.
post #5937 of 6444
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwebb1970 View Post

This just goes to show that the suits @ FOX really are big FRINGE fans. It is a rare thing in this day & age for a network (FOX in particular) to have so much faith in a weird, low rated serialized SciFi show. Plus WB obviously believes in the show's syndicated future.
A few plot threads have & likely will go by the wayside (Sam Weiss, anyone?)............although wouldn't it be a hoot of Walter's mysterious helper "Donald" was actually Weiss.
I still think we will see September one more time in the next 5 episodes. And while I will avoid actual spoilers here, having seen the titles of the last 2 eps....I wonder if we will get another peek @ the alt verse & that confounded Machine.....
While I did enjoy the S4 ender, I'm glad that was not the series finale.

This, above all. I love(d) this show, and I'm in the minority, but to me season 5 just feels like a tacked on attempt at reaching that magical syndication number.

I'll cut them some slack if they wrap it all up in a satisfactory way and incorporate the show's mytholgoy somehow. If they have a way to tie in the Redverse, Doomsday Machine and folks like Sam Weiss into this season, I'd love to see it. Waiting/hoping/praying for that.
Edited by hhaller - 12/12/12 at 11:16am
post #5938 of 6444
No matter what they do, no matter how creatively they tie it all up, it won't satisfy everyone. But I'm reasonably sure, based on their track record, that it will satisfy me. smile.gif

Of course, I said that about LOST too. wink.gif
post #5939 of 6444
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhaller View Post

This, above all. I love(d) this show, and I'm in the minority, but to me season 5 just feels like a tacked on attempt at reaching that magical syndication number.
I'll cut them some slack if they tie it all up in a satisfactory way and incorporate the show's mytholgoy somehow. Waiting/hoping/praying for that.

I don't know how you can begin to consider the season tacked on just to fulfill some arbitrary number when the season isn't over yet.

Without this season the Observer angle would have been left dangling in the wind. Even if it doesn't fill in all the plot holes left open we are still getting a lot more closure (and entertainment) than if the show had ended last year and as I mentioned before it continues the trend of the show reinventing itself every year.

If Fringe had continued directly from the finale of last year and kept telling the same stories in that universe then that would have been more lazy and evidence of being done just to fill numbers in my opinion. The show clearly has not done that. New season, new world, new stories.
post #5940 of 6444
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionOn View Post

I don't know how you can begin to consider the season tacked on just to fulfill some arbitrary number when the season isn't over yet.
Without this season the Observer angle would have been left dangling in the wind. Even if it doesn't fill in all the plot holes left open we are still getting a lot more closure (and entertainment) than if the show had ended last year and as I mentioned before it continues the trend of the show reinventing itself every year.
If Fringe had continued directly from the finale of last year and kept telling the same stories in that universe then that would have been more lazy and evidence of being done just to fill numbers in my opinion. The show clearly has not done that. New season, new world, new stories.

Well I think the very format/storyline that the show has taken this season kinda undercuts your argument about this being a tacked on run, but as I said before...I'll wait to see how it shakes out. Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: HDTV Programming
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › "Fringe" on Fox HD