or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › "Fringe" on Fox HD
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

"Fringe" on Fox HD - Page 214

post #6391 of 6444
There are a lot of parallels between S6 of Lost and S5 of Fringe, in that they somewhat (to me) took away from the series as a whole by both going in different directions to try and wrap things up. Having said that, I enjoyed the ride to the end in Fringe much more than I did in Lost because I already knew that much of the sci-fi behind Fringe was silly because Walter always made it so. Lost tried to take itself more seriously (IMO) and failed.

And more importantly, Peter, Liv, Etta and Astrid aren't stuck in purgatory.

*ducking*
post #6392 of 6444
hopefully JJ Abrams will bring his crew from Fringe over to Star Wars E7, it would make a great new movie!
post #6393 of 6444
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthJersey View Post

hopefully JJ Abrams will bring his crew from Fringe over to Star Wars E7, it would make a great new movie!

One wonders if the news pisses Paramount off, seeing as JJ has spent a few hundred million of their $$ to make his Lucasfilm audition reel.

After rewatching the finale, I had a silly thought...If I could have changed 1 thing about the Fringe finale it would be having the last scene be a shot of Walter & Michael arriving at their future destination. They meet the scientist they are there to see to complete the plan....and it's WILLIAM BELL!! What? How? Fade to black. The end.

Many would complain about ending the series with this particular conundrum, but I would view it as one last juicy mind f--k from the Fringe team.
Edited by jwebb1970 - 1/25/13 at 9:20am
post #6394 of 6444
That would not be the end but the beginning for the movie that they'll come out with.
post #6395 of 6444
Quote:
it risked becoming confusing and unfocused
That is a understatement. Not everyone has a steel trap for a memory.

Remember the X Files where that entire group and their families were killed off in one episode, just because the viewers couldn't follow what all that was about (admitted by the writers)?
post #6396 of 6444
I've yet to watch the finale, but at least still have Nikita to distract me on Friday nights. Probably the final season for that, too.
post #6397 of 6444
Quote:
Originally Posted by videobruce View Post

That is a understatement. Not everyone has a steel trap for a memory.

Remember the X Files where that entire group and their families were killed off in one episode, just because the viewers couldn't follow what all that was about (admitted by the writers)?

Im reading the Revolution was Televised and jsut read the interview on the season Finale of Last resort, sometimes its sad what sacrifices are made becasue people cant either follow week to week or "need" a happy ending....For me Fringe started to get much better once they dropped the casual viewer stories and focused on the mythology.....For some unknown reason when watching a show I can call back to previous epsiodes sometimes years in the past when given hints within the show or call backs......Its one of the many things I did love about Fringe it rewarded those who could remember those things.....Lets face it with all fo the forums even if you didnt remember something someone would\does and will post about it....I jsut wish more television did this as I really love serialized television, of course when I watch a show I watch it, Im not on the internet, texting, takign phone calls, or having conversations....Much like when watching a movie I tend to stay focused on whats going on....It takes quite a bit of jarring to take my attention away but when it does its usually gone...
post #6398 of 6444
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwebb1970 View Post

One wonders if the news pisses Paramount off, seeing as JJ has spent a few hundred million of their $$ to make his Lucasfilm audition reel.

After rewatching the finale, I had a silly thought...If I could have changed 1 thing about the Fringe finale it would be having the last scene be a shot of Walter & Michael arriving at their future destination. They meet the scientist they are there to see to complete the plan....and it's WILLIAM BELL!! What? How? Fade to black. The end.

Many would complain about ending the series with this particular conundrum, but I would view it as one last juicy mind f--k from the Fringe team.

I like it! As for Fringe, I liked this season much better than season 4. It was much easier to follow and I think made more sense, although the first 10 minutes of this season I was going "What the hell?" a lot. And I am OK with the ending, which is a lot better than I felt about the Lost ending which still makes me angry thinking about it.
post #6399 of 6444
sorry if a repost but i thought this was very nice.
post #6400 of 6444
^ That was pretty nice, thanks for posting it!
post #6401 of 6444
did this appear on Air ? I just watched the final shows and never saw it ??
post #6402 of 6444
Did what appear on Air the Thank You? I believve a shortened version did as I remember seeing something close to it.....If you dont DVR it, then you would miss it as it appeared durring commercials I think.....

On second thought I dont think they did air this, it was probably just posted before the final episode......
post #6403 of 6444
I found it on Fringe's facebook page and in other areas. Could have been just only on Social Medial.
post #6404 of 6444
Yeah - I saw the same Thank You video via the Fringe FB page, so most likely done just for social media outlets via YouTube. I would bet it pops up on the S5 BluRay set (which drops in May).
post #6405 of 6444
What happened - Science channel no longer showing Fringe reruns? Bummer!
post #6406 of 6444
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plasmacat View Post

What happened - Science channel no longer showing Fringe reruns? Bummer!
Strange it only shows up as one episode scheduled for Sunday morning now.
post #6407 of 6444
Apparently Science Channel tweeted that they will be airing marathon sessions in the spring. I had been recording the marathon episodes of the first two seaons when they originally aired in December, so it will give me some time to catch up.
post #6408 of 6444
I really miss Fringe. This was basically the last network TV show that I bothered to watch, and there just isn't much out there to hold my attention now. Thank God for HBO.
post #6409 of 6444
http://www.givememyremote.com/remote/2013/01/30/fringe-seth-gabel-reveals-what-you-didnt-see-in-the-series-finale/
Maybe some deleted footage for the S5 DVD/BD release?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiveMeMyRemote.com 

FRINGE: Seth Gabel Reveals What You Didn’t See in the Series Finale

FRINGE fans were delighted when the series traveled back Over There one last time during the show’s two-hour finale event, and they weren’t alone: when I spoke with ARROW guest star, Seth Gabel, he told me he was equally thrilled to pop back in to play Lincoln again.

“I was very happy, that on some level, you got to see Lincoln was happy in the other universe with a family, married to Olivia, who he was in love with,” he told me. “But also in that episode, you see a glimmer of doubt and wondering whether or not if he had stayed in our universe, if he could have possibly made a difference between Peter and Olivia, maybe have helped in some way and maybe have stopped all of this terrible stuff from happening in the first place.”

Speaking of that newly revealed family that Lincoln and the other Olivia have, Gabel confirmed that he and Anna Torv (Olivia) filmed a little scene with their fictional son that ended up being cut from the finale.

“We shot a scene where you kind of see us, we were out shopping for the day and we stopped to get some coffee,” Gabel said. “And we’re just hanging out together as a family, and our son starts drinking some coffee and then Olivia gets the call [that was seen in "Liberty"] that something bigger is going down. And that’s when we get pulled into the story that leads to the arc of the finale…[the actor who played our son] kind of looks like both of us, which was interesting to see!”

But while FRINGE fans may be watching and rewatching the show’s final hours to cope with the series ending, Gabel confessed he hasn’t actually seen his last episode yet: “I haven’t actually watched the finale yet, because I’ve been waiting to watch the whole season nonstop!”
post #6410 of 6444
In the current issue of UK sci-fi magazine SFX (on B&N stands probably next month), David Fury answers questions about the finale. One of the answers is this:

“Here is my take on it: we are still in the revised timeline where Peter died as a child. The dystopian future was the future of the timeline of season four, therefore Peter did die as a child in this timeline. However, we know he reappeared in this timeline in season four and became part of this family. Then Olivia regained the memory of the erased timeline, so she remembers seasons one through three even though she didn’t really experience it in the timeline. The same with Walter after Michael touches him in season five, so now Walter remembers it. So they have a shared memory of seasons one through three but the life they are continuing is the life presented in season four. As far as what happens when Walter and Michael step into the corridor to the future, our premise is that the change happens – and it’s the part that is inexplicable but go with it – once they step through Walter and September stop existing in the timeline. It’s not that they never existed. They still experience the events of season four and still have all the memories of the earlier seasons when the timeline hadn’t been erased, however they stop existing at the moment of the Invasion. It’s not like Walter died. Peter is just going to find Walter missing. He’s not going to be looking for September because he didn’t continue their relationship, just Walter did. When he looks for Walter, he just won’t be there because this corrects the paradox. It’s somewhat nebulous but that is the premise of what we did.”

http://www.sfx.co.uk/2013/04/03/fringe-answering-the-unanswered-an-sfx234-preview/
post #6411 of 6444
This is just another reason why Ill miss this show so much...It made you think, which many shows dont now a days........Post that type of thing in almost any other "regular" show thread and you will meltdown most viewers brains wink.gif
post #6412 of 6444
The issue is also available on Apple newsstand as part of a free trial sub. It's a decent magazine (or it was when I last read it a few years ago) so I might check it out to see what else they discuss.
post #6413 of 6444
No wonder why few could understand this storyline. confused.gif Everyone doesn't have a 120 and above IQ.

I still think the season four should of been renamed to "Lost".
post #6414 of 6444
Quote:
Originally Posted by videobruce View Post

No wonder why few could understand this storyline. confused.gif Everyone doesn't have a 120 and above IQ.

I still think the season four should of been renamed to "Lost".

It helps if you read "It's somewhat nebulous" as "It really has no coherent logic" or even more to the point, "It makes no sense."

To me, his "explanation" is, at best, poorly articulated.
Quote:
When he looks for Walter, he just won’t be there because this corrects the paradox.
NO!!!

How can someone being made to "no longer exist" ...... Ahhh, screw it. It was a great show, but I'm just going to have to stop trying to have it make sense.
post #6415 of 6444
Videobruce, well I think the fans of the show that have stuck with it since season one had a pretty good hold of it, this was not a casual viewer show and heavily serialized. This was not something that you could have on in the background while you did laundry or browsed the interrnet. It demanded your attention and would reward you if you did. Many times repeat viewings woud open up clues to what was happening if you were confused the 1st go around......I dont think a 120 IQ was needed, just an attention span of an hour with the ability to retain information......
Edited by Ph8te - 4/4/13 at 9:47am
post #6416 of 6444
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post

^^^^ well I think the fans of the show that have stuck with it since season one had a pretty good hold of it, this was not a casual viewer show and heavily serialized. This was not something that you could have on in the background while you did laundry or browsed the interrnet. It demanded your attention and would reward you if you did. Many times repeat viewings woud open up clues to what was happening if you were confused the 1st go around......I dont think a 120 IQ was needed, just an attention span of an hour with the ability to retain information......

I'm just going to go ahead and assume you were not responding to my post.
post #6417 of 6444
Quote:
Originally Posted by John dhein View Post

It helps if you read "It's somewhat nebulous" as "It really has no coherent logic" or even more to the point, "It makes no sense."

To me, his "explanation" is, at best, poorly articulated.
NO!!!

How can someone being made to "no longer exist" ...... Ahhh, screw it. It was a great show, but I'm just going to have to stop trying to have it make sense.

How can someone be made to "no longer exist"? c'mon now this is Fringe wink.giftongue.gif
Much like Peter was erased, Walter has been "erased" from the invasion forward.....There are only a select few who would remember him as they have knowledge of both timelines and the changes within them (namely Olivia and Peter).....The only reason Walter rememebrd both versions of "history" was becasue he was touched by Michael who gave him those memories back......Olivia can remember becasue she has the ability to tranfer betwwen universes and isnt effected by these switches as mucha s otehrs were, and Peter can remember beecasue he "lived" in all of these timelines.....

Sometimes its just not made to make sense smile.gif if you can make an explination that soudns good to you, then thats all that matters biggrin.gif.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John dhein View Post

I'm just going to go ahead and assume you were not responding to my post.

Correct, you posted while I was typing wink.gif my response was to videobruce...
post #6418 of 6444
My wife and I really miss this show. She frequently says how much she misses Walter :')


Here's an interesting easter egg for my fellow scotch lovers. In the show 'lost' there was a bottle of scotch that kept showing up called the Maccutcheon 60yr old (im sure I mangled that spelling) and at one point the high powered CEO tells his son in law that one swallow costs as much as one month of his son in law's pay. In the one really bizzarre episode of Fringe where Dr. Bell played by Leonard Nimoy was in a cartoon world, he pours a scotch out of a bottle that is only on the screen for a brief moment, but its the 60yr old Maccutcheon bottle from 'lost'!
post #6419 of 6444
Quote:
Originally Posted by videobruce View Post

No wonder why few could understand this storyline. confused.gif Everyone doesn't have a 120 and above IQ.

I still think the season four should of been renamed to "Lost".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post

Videobruce, well I think the fans of the show that have stuck with it since season one had a pretty good hold of it, this was not a casual viewer show and heavily serialized. This was not something that you could have on in the background while you did laundry or browsed the interrnet. It demanded your attention and would reward you if you did. Many times repeat viewings woud open up clues to what was happening if you were confused the 1st go around......I dont think a 120 IQ was needed, just an attention span of an hour with the ability to retain information......
I just started re-watching S3 and finished episode 4 last night via Amazon on-line streams. First time I've seen episodes uninterrupted by adverts.

You would be surprised how much information is lost with this show just by the frustration of advert interruption. I'm finding bits of information I had originally forgotten when episode originally aired.
post #6420 of 6444
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iain- View Post


I just started re-watching S3 and finished episode 4 last night via Amazon on-line streams. First time I've seen episodes uninterrupted by adverts.

You would be surprised how much information is lost with this show just by the frustration of advert interruption. I'm finding bits of information I had originally forgotten when episode originally aired.

I don't pay much attention to them anymore. The zapping of them is routine at this point, and doesn't really interfere with the flow of the show for me.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: HDTV Programming
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › "Fringe" on Fox HD