or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › Blu-ray Software › The Fall - Anyone Know Anything About This One?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Fall - Anyone Know Anything About This One?

post #1 of 72
Thread Starter 
http://www.amazon.com/Fall-Blu-ray-C...0677988&sr=8-1

http://www.apple.com/trailers/independent/thefall/

I've heard nothing about this one, but I just saw the trailer on the PS3 store and it was stunning. Anybody know/heard anything about this flick/disk?
post #2 of 72
http://www.highdefdiscnews.com/?p=4601
post #3 of 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by LejfK View Post

http://www.amazon.com/Fall-Blu-ray-C...0677988&sr=8-1

http://www.apple.com/trailers/independent/thefall/

I've heard nothing about this one, but I just saw the trailer on the PS3 store and it was stunning. Anybody know/heard anything about this flick/disk?

Greetings,

Stunning it is. My review is posted here at AVS. Here is the link:

AVS Forum Review of The Fall


Cheers,
post #4 of 72
Thread Starter 
Thanks for both of the review links. I'm surprised there's not more buzz about this film on this forum. It sounds like a film with amazing visuals and a great audio/video transfer. Also, I thought folks around here tend to favor films with fantasy elements. I hope it gets the audience it deserves on video despite its very limited theatrical release.

Maybe I should change the name of the thread to "The Fall . . . get it"
post #5 of 72
The movie looks really weird, but could be awesome. Rent first, I think.
post #6 of 72
I agree, after downloading the trailer from PSN I am now adding it to my Netflix gueue, I had never heard of it before this week. Looks amazing by the way, based on the trailer this may be a tier 0 movie.
post #7 of 72
Looks amazing
post #8 of 72
Sound is even better.
post #9 of 72
seen it in cinema, ordered.
demo material.
post #10 of 72
To the netflix queue it goes.
post #11 of 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumbo View Post

Sound is even better.

Greetings,

I wouldn't say that. I do agree that it sounds great though...


Regards,
post #12 of 72
My copy shipped today.

Haven't seen this one yet but I seem to be obsessing over the stills and the clips. Maybe I need help?

Really looking forward to checking this one out.

Love the black and whites in the gallery. Lone Ranger?

http://www.thefallthemovie.com/


Rick
post #13 of 72
When my wife saw the trailer, I was told to purchase this one.
post #14 of 72
Just got this one today on spec and will be watching tonight
post #15 of 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaffa69 View Post

Just got this one today on spec and will be watching tonight

What was the special ?
post #16 of 72
Saw the movie for the first time last night. The AQ is amazing!! Very detailed and LOUD!! Probably one of the best explosion sound on blu-ray. There were quite a few time that I thought my speakers gonna blow up!!

The costume design is gorgeous, with the amazing details from Blu-ray, it really showcased every beauty of it.

The movie itself is a bit strange, I will rewatch it with no hesistation. The little girl acting was super!!

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED (PQ: 4/5 AQ: 5/5)
post #17 of 72
I have not seen this, but have heard very good things about the movie and the picture quality. Should have this today or tomorrow, and, will watch it immediately.
post #18 of 72
My copy shipped from Amazon, looking forward to watching it.
post #19 of 72
Just did a blind buy...
post #20 of 72
Just watched it.Fantasticdont even bother watching it on dvd this movie was made for BLU-RAY.

The little girl who plays ALEXANDRIA is incredible.How come this movie didnt get any OSCAR nominations?

I know it wont appeal to everybody but im sure those who appreciate good cinema will get alot from this movie.
post #21 of 72
Nice. I didn't even know this was coming out. I'll be sure to keep an eye out for it.
post #22 of 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaffa69 View Post

Just watched it.Fantasticdont even bother watching it on dvd this movie was made for BLU-RAY.

The little girl who plays ALEXANDRIA is incredible.How come this movie didnt get any OSCAR nominations?

I know it wont appeal to everybody but im sure those who appreciate good cinema will get alot from this movie.

FROM IMDB: "Catinca Untaru (ALEXANDRIA) didn't speak English. She learned the lines by heart."

WOW!!
post #23 of 72
By far, the best movie of the year.
post #24 of 72
OK, ya'll convinced me to blind buy...where is the best deal?
post #25 of 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

OK, ya'll convinced me to blind buy...where is the best deal?

Please rent first Oink.
post #26 of 72
Why is this film R rated? Would it be OK for your teens to watch?

Thanks!
post #27 of 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebland View Post

Why is this film R rated? Would it be OK for your teens to watch?

Thanks!

Greetings,

There is some violence and thematic elements in the story that little ones might be bother by. I see no reason why it wouldn't be fine for teenagers though.


Cheers,
post #28 of 72
Thanks Ralph,

I'll pick it up!
post #29 of 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkKnight2k4 View Post

What was the special ?

He means he got it on speculation....
post #30 of 72
wow! it is sold out on Amazon!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Blu-ray Software
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › Blu-ray Software › The Fall - Anyone Know Anything About This One?