or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › The Mentalist on CBS HD
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Mentalist on CBS HD - Page 18

post #511 of 653
Quote:
Originally Posted by CruelInventions View Post

No, it's not ending. This was touched upon here in this thread within the last week or so..

So you are saying that the show has already been been renwed for Fall 2014/15 ..
I thought the ratings have been down & this might be it?
Edited by MeatChicken - 11/5/13 at 12:42pm
post #512 of 653
So I saw the Canada episode, now I have to wait 2 weeks for my next fix...

So I think this isn't the thread but affected directly this show, I don't begin to understand the "NFL's rules and regulations" for broadcasting games, if it passes certain point the network can't carry it anymore, but this time they allowed it?

And the game wasn't even close at the end..
post #513 of 653
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLar View Post

So I saw the Canada episode, now I have to wait 2 weeks for my next fix...

So I think this isn't the thread but affected directly this show, I don't begin to understand the "NFL's rules and regulations" for broadcasting games, if it passes certain point the network can't carry it anymore, but this time they allowed it?

And the game wasn't even close at the end..
You can thank the Heidi game for the way programming is delayed so they can show every last second of all-mighty football, no matter what the score is.
Edited by BoilerJim - 11/5/13 at 1:32pm
post #514 of 653
It's my fault. I can't stand the Patriots OR the Steelers and they knew I wouldn't be watching the game so they had to figure out another way to make me mad. Well played boys, well played.
post #515 of 653
The Mentalist was an old repeat up here in Calgary. I think it was the one with Rigsby's dad.
post #516 of 653
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeatChicken View Post

So you are saying that the show has already been been renwed for Fall 2014/15 ..
I thought the ratings have been down & this might be it?

The Mentalist has not been picked up for next year and there is no guarantee it will.
post #517 of 653
Quote:
Originally Posted by dm145 View Post

The Mentalist has not been picked up for next year and there is no guarantee it will.

That's strange, considering it was posted here recently about new cast additions that are coming.
post #518 of 653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Imp View Post



That's strange, considering it was posted here recently about new cast additions that are coming.

New additions for Season 6.... There are 8 episodes left for this season. Nothing about Season 7 yet.
post #519 of 653
This is crazy! There have been almost 30 posts about how the episode Fire and Brimstone was preempted at the last minute. Discussions going on long after there was no practical use for them, and NOW, that the episode was actually shown, there is nothing--no discussion--NOT A SINGLE POST.

Discussion groups confuse me greatly some times. confused.gif
post #520 of 653
Good episode Sunday Night. Can't wait for the next one.
post #521 of 653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Church AV Guy View Post

This is crazy! There have been almost 30 posts about how the episode Fire and Brimstone was preempted at the last minute. Discussions going on long after there was no practical use for them, and NOW, that the episode was actually shown, there is nothing--no discussion--NOT A SINGLE POST.

Discussion groups confuse me greatly some times. confused.gif

Well, don't be confused. Many of us DVR to watch later. That is particularly true on the CBS Sunday schedule which is nearly always screwed up. Most of the conversation here starts sometime the next day.
post #522 of 653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Church AV Guy View Post

This is crazy! There have been almost 30 posts about how the episode Fire and Brimstone was preempted at the last minute. Discussions going on long after there was no practical use for them, and NOW, that the episode was actually shown, there is nothing--no discussion--NOT A SINGLE POST.

Discussion groups confuse me greatly some times. confused.gif
Yeah, like I'm going to hop right on the computer at 11:45PM and post comments to all of you (and me) who should be in bed anyway. FAT CHANCE!! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif
post #523 of 653
I can almost be all the 3 dot tattoo people are minions and not Red John, it could still be Stiles or Haffner..
post #524 of 653
OK, I watched the DVR recording this morning. Like the old Supremes' song, "You just keep me hanging on..." Good episode, but find Red John and move on already!!!
post #525 of 653
IMO it was a crap episode. Spent the whole time getting 5 people in a room, then cut to an explosion that made no sense. Maybe it's just me but RJ does not come off as menacing and the writers only trot him out when it's convenient. I think the writers blew it and should ave kept up more suspense and wrapped RJ in season 3 and moved on. At this point I really don't care who RJ is, I just want it to be over. I enjoy the non-RJ episodes much more and those are the only reason I keep watching.
post #526 of 653
I expected the real Red John wouldn't be revealed last night but I was a bit surprised by the 3 having the dots. Then again, as we know, those three were in communication and working together. I think it's too simple to have all three or even one of them be Red John now. I expect a twist or two of the next two episodes.
post #527 of 653
Red John is Robert Kirklands' twin. I called it.
post #528 of 653
Quote:
Originally Posted by David James View Post

I expected the real Red John wouldn't be revealed last night but I was a bit surprised by the 3 having the dots. Then again, as we know, those three were in communication and working together. I think it's too simple to have all three or even one of them be Red John now. I expect a twist or two of the next two episodes.

I fully expected RJ not to be revealed until the end of the sweeps period, but with the pre-emption last week, it might have thrown off their timetable.

Earlier on, I was betting on Brett Partridge, but they say he is now dead. I don't think that they have the body though. Yeah, Lisbon was smeared with his blood, but that doesn't mean he wasn't faking his death. My next two choices for the most likely to be RJ were eliminated with this show, so I am now in the dark. The three dots might be a mark for some law enforcement club or society--Tiger, Tiger?
post #529 of 653
This may be the worst job of film editing I have ever seen. Between the previews, ads and opening scene, we knew exactly what was coming. The first 47 minutes were a complete waste of time.

At this point any Red John suspect could just be a minion. Any action ascribed to RJ over the years could have been performed by minions as well. I think all three with the dots are minions.

I'm still not convinced that Brett Partridge is dead.

Somewhat off topic, but the Ray Hafner actor was killed recently on Bones and I just saw him in Much Ado about Nothing, so I keep getting confused as to who he is.
post #530 of 653
It would make it a lot easier if Red John wore a name tag. biggrin.gif
post #531 of 653
That was an intense episode tonight and I can't wait to see the final chapter of RJ next week.
post #532 of 653
I'm still not convinced that it's Bertram. It was really riveting this week. Next week should be good/great, but knowing the writing for these things, it will likely be a letdown. frown.gif It's hard to imagine them writing an acceptable climax after a buildup of so many seasons. Nice to see the reference to the CBI deaths a few seasons ago (Bosco?)
post #533 of 653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Church AV Guy View Post

I'm still not convinced that it's Bertram. It was really riveting this week. Next week should be good/great, but knowing the writing for these things, it will likely be a letdown. frown.gif It's hard to imagine them writing an acceptable climax after a buildup of so many seasons. Nice to see the reference to the CBI deaths a few seasons ago (Bosco?)
If he's not Red John, he's certainly a psychotic killer. Why did the FBI show up at the end? Do any of them have "three-dot" tattoos? What is the real significance of the broken blue cup? I had a little blue bowl with a bunny inside when I was a kid that I ate cereal from until my wife accidentally broke it when I was 40-45. I, like Jane, was devastated. Was the blue cup his, his wife's, or one of his kid's?

Can't wait until next week!!
post #534 of 653
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoilerJim View Post

If he's not Red John, he's certainly a psychotic killer. Why did the FBI show up at the end? Do any of them have "three-dot" tattoos? What is the real significance of the broken blue cup? I had a little blue bowl with a bunny inside when I was a kid that I ate cereal from until my wife accidentally broke it when I was 40-45. I, like Jane, was devastated. Was the blue cup his, his wife's, or one of his kid's?

Can't wait until next week!!
I read an interesting synopsis of this episode with comments by people behind the show . Patrick's couch and tea cup are very important to him. Showing the couch being carried out and the cup breaking are, according to the article, significant examples of showing how things have changed. The new FBI guy was mentioned as a new regular character on the show.
post #535 of 653
I am not a Red John plot hater, but I found myself uninvolved last night. Mostly, I surfed the web. I think the hundreds or thousands of minions has diluted the entire plot-line. RJ is not unique.

It seems no one can shoot anyone from 20 feet away. Heck, they can't even hit a car from 20 feet away.

Hundreds or thousands of criminals running around with three-dot tattoos. How smart is that? "Hey, I saw that same tattoo on a dead cop." "Why don't you guys ever take your shirts off at the beach?" "Do you always leave your undershirt on during sex?"

How smart is it to say "Gee, that serial killer looks just like you. If I'm alive in 10 seconds, I guess I'm wrong."

When the FBI mob showed up at the end, if I were Lisbon, I'd ask him to step into an office, pull a gun on him and make him show his shoulder. (Smith said that the Blake organization included judges.) If he's clean, I'd have the two of then check every other FBI guy there.

And finally, I am more convinced than ever that Brett Partridge is alive and is RJ. They made a point not to show the face on the corpse.
post #536 of 653
Got to agree with most of the above. I did not find it compelling of gripping in any way. Going in I felt the bomb was a setup and I still do, it does not play into any of the RJ scenarios that I recall.

I expect one of the regulars will be part of the tiger, tiger clan.
post #537 of 653
Quote:
And finally, I am more convinced than ever that Brett Partridge is alive and is RJ. They made a point not to show the face on the corpse.

I immediately became suspicious when they never checked his face, so that was one thing. The other significant thing that was just sort of slid in there... Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
The voice of Red John, in the previews for next week, wasn't remotely Bertram, but it was very much Brett Partridge.
post #538 of 653
Quote:
The three dots might be a mark for some law enforcement club or society--Tiger, Tiger?

Its probably a society of former Auburn Football players--Tiger, Tiger. smile.gif
post #539 of 653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Church AV Guy View Post

The other significant thing that was just sort of slid in there...

Yes, it was difficult NOT to pick up on that, so I knew what your spoiler tag was going to be about even before looking.
post #540 of 653
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarnacleBill View Post

I am not a Red John plot hater, but I found myself uninvolved last night. Mostly, I surfed the web. I think the hundreds or thousands of minions has diluted the entire plot-line. RJ is not unique.

I have mixed feelings. On one hand, the notion of one man being able to pull off what would require god-like omnipotence get away with all of his crimes made the whole single Red John killer scenario far exceed my suspension-of-disbelief tolerance quotient a long time ago. On the other hand, I sort of mourn the loss of Red John being some particularly brilliant singular character, acting alone or at least only with a small cast of (usually short-lived) supporting characters, to pull off all of his crimes.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: HDTV Programming
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › The Mentalist on CBS HD