Originally Posted by myAV
I apologize really, I must have missed your question. But I don't get your question. This card doesn't come with an SPIDF input however there is one HDMI input and that is for the video stream. So what exactly do you want know?
Thanks for your response myAV. It states in the asus specifications page that you can use the line in/mic in for spdif input:http://www.asus.com/products.aspx?mo...=150&l3=0&l4=0
But anyway i'm also interested in the hdmi input. I'll give a scenario to explain my question:
- Use ps3 as blu-ray player
- connect ps3 hdmi out -> asus hdmi in
- connect asus hdmi out -> tv hdmi in
- Play blu-ray movie and select DTS soundtrack
- Will the asus card decode the DTS soundtrack and output the sound to 5.1 analog outputs without the use of 3rd party software? i.e. the asus card decodes the dts soundtrack through its own drivers.
What I really want here is to NOT use a receiver/pre pro to do the audio codec decoding. I want the asus card to handle this on its own. So if the asus card can accomplish this, of course the next question for me is if the card can decode high def audio codecs like DTS-MA and DD-HD.