Originally Posted by William
I have not looked at this thread in month while waiting for the "full meal deal" on HD video/audio playback. I know I should look through and do multiple searches but hopping someone(s) will indulge my laziness and answer the following questions.
1)Will the ASUS Xonar HDAV1.3 Sound card now do bitstream of all BD/HD DVD audio codecs?
2)Does it do LPCM up to to 96Khz 24-bit 7.1?
3) Will the OEM (or upgraded) Arcsoft play BD and HD DVD bit streaming all audio codes?
4)Is it fully compatible with the LG Blu-ray/HD DVD drive?
In a nutshell can I now build a HTPC that will do all that my STB Sony BD350 and HD DVD players do? I'm ready to get back to using an HTPC.
4) Almost certainly (if they are in fact BD discs).
5) It won't and ever work with HD DVD, you most likely already have a player purchased in a firesale for next to nothing, so this really shouldn't even matter.
6) 24p works in 2009 versions I bought mine from ZZF and it is that version
7) No VMC integration
8) Auzentech is never
going to release their card
9) I don't think there is any reason remaining to hold out, short of waiting for the slim version (ie no PCIe slots remaining, you want to go cheaper, you don't enough space in your case, etc)
Btw, the PCIe version is huge. I have plenty of clearance in my full size ATX HTPC case at least I thought so, and it still barely fits.