Just discovered this thread - wow, fantastic!
I have long wanted to modify the PEQ settings on my RX-V1800 and was frustrated this wasn't possible, until now!
I'd like to make sure I understand this correctly. I use Room EQ Wizard (REW) in conjunction with a Berringer Frequency Destroyer to calibrate my subwoofer.
First I use YPAO to calibrate have the 1800 calibrate the overall room. Then I use REW to dial in the sub.
YPAO doesn't do a great job with the sub, and I wind up having to use REW to counter-act to some degree what the YPAO adds to the sub, and to then dial in the sub very nicely.
So do I understand correctly that I could now use PEQedit to get better overall control from the sub, so that my REW optimization can be better optimized? In other words, I can now use the subwoofer portion of YPAO as another controllable part of my eq?
My approach would be this:
1) Select the memory preset from my AVR that has the YPAO calibration that I want to edit.
2) Connect to the AVR with PEQedit and use Upload to PC option. This will load in all the current values, correct?
3) Choose Subwoofer from the Channel drop down and make edits to Band 1 and Band 2 as desired.
4) Use Download to AVR to write the new values.
5) Use REW to check my sub level, make calibration tweaks with the Berringer, and go back to #3 above as needed. Repeat until satisfied with new calibration.
6) Use the AVR's memory save function to commit the new values.
Do I have this right?
Also am I correct to assume that the graphs shown by the View-Response Curve function is based on the latest YPAO run? In that case I can not really use this graph, because if I run YPAO again it'll reset all my PEQ settings to what it thinks are ideal based on the YPAO run?