or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Other Areas of Interest › Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion › October fun: 31 days of Horror, Blood, Guts and Gore! (and zombies, too....)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

October fun: 31 days of Horror, Blood, Guts and Gore! (and zombies, too....) - Page 204

post #6091 of 9764
Quote:
Originally Posted by smudge981 View Post

Getting too long-in-the-tooth to be the first person in line for the next-best thing. Let the first million people buy the first generation when it's expensive. Then, in a couple of years, when prices come down, then maybe...MAYBE I'l look into it.

Agreed and I am even questioning why I have the PS4 pre-ordered when I do not 'need' it. But I guess it will be my B day & Christmas gift rolled into one.
post #6092 of 9764
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornSlippyZ View Post

I still need to get some of these on BD, especially JAWS! Aliens transfer was fantastic even though the film quality was crap for the day.

From what I have seen online, The Shout Factory BD of old horror movies look fantastic (Prince of Darkness)! Most though are $20 dollars or more so imo, for older flicks like that I might pay $15, but maybe I am just cheap:p.

If I remember right, Jaws BD was part of my kick-off double feature last year. It was friggin amazing. Most of the scenes were immaculate and the new LFE was sooooo cool. Buy it, dude. cool.gif
post #6093 of 9764
I love the "3D" front cover of the slipcase for The Lords of Salem. This will probably be the first time I don't thow away a slipcase. I don't know whether to watch this BD now or wait 3 weeks or so..... crap!

larry
post #6094 of 9764
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornSlippyZ View Post

This local HT shop that I bought a few odds & ends and made friends with, called me up to see if I wanted to check it out. The outside sales man actually wanted to feel/hear my subwoofer so I said show me the Sony and then come over to check out my sub. I think the Demo VPL1000es is actually going into one of their builds. This shop is awesome but their stuff is a few levels above my pay grade, he was impressed with my HSU though.

I'd love to hear that as well... I've been very happy with my HSU VTF3-MK3 but sure would like to hear what's above it cool.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornSlippyZ View Post

Agreed and I am even questioning why I have the PS4 pre-ordered when I do not 'need' it. But I guess it will be my B day & Christmas gift rolled into one.

I have a xbox one and a PS4 ordered and to be honest I have no idea if I will keep either. I ordered both with the idea that I would secure my place in line and then sell the one I didn't want around December 15th biggrin.gif My Live Gold account subscription expired a week ago and since I'm cutting back where possible I haven't renewed it and really don't miss it much. I do enjoy teaming up with people on my friends list for some COD but I enjoy hanging with my family and watching movies with the Mrs. more. With limited free time the xbox is starting to seem like not the best entertainment outlet for me. I may keep both, leave them in the packaging and ebay mid Dec who knows.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PooperScooper View Post

I love the "3D" front cover of the slipcase for The Lords of Salem. This will probably be the first time I don't thow away a slipcase. I don't know whether to watch this BD now or wait 3 weeks or so..... crap!

larry

I saw that too in Target yesterday and thought it was pretty awesome. If you cave please share your thoughts tongue.gif
post #6095 of 9764
Here's one to get yankeeman excited...

The Long Pig Restaurant is the ultimate underground restaurant sensation, where only the richest can taste the most refined meals and worldwide best…cannibalistic haute cuisine. Newly run by an overachieving son who delicately put his father to retirement by severing his head, the Long Pig has introduced novelty by capturing elite MMA fighters and then serving losers to their bloodthirsty customers. Perfect “Tendertainment!"

Jenna, an aspiring stunt girl, is violently kidnapped with her friends by Triads and wakes up in the Long Pig holding cell waiting for her turn to fight in the Pit of Gore. In order to survive, she must fight her way out before being skinned alive and becoming the next main course. Throw in the Russian mob, competing cannibals, and a nymphomaniac masseuse; and you’ve got a crazy, over-the-top, sexy and bloody hell of a dinner movie!


NSFW trailer:

post #6096 of 9764
Kenobi, that looks great!! Mmmmm, good food, pretty women, what could be better!!
post #6097 of 9764
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornSlippyZ View Post

I still need to get some of these on BD, especially JAWS! Aliens transfer was fantastic even though the film quality was crap for the day.

From what I have seen online, The Shout Factory BD of old horror movies look fantastic (Prince of Darkness)! Most though are $20 dollars or more so imo, for older flicks like that I might pay $15, but maybe I am just cheap:p.
It's the price you pay for limited markets. If the market was huge Universal would be doing more of their own stuff, and you might pay 15.00 for it vs. Shout factory licensing the title. I ordered Prince of Darkness and while it's higher in price than some stuff it what you pay to get a hi-def disc.
post #6098 of 9764
Quote:
Originally Posted by PooperScooper View Post

I love the "3D" front cover of the slipcase for The Lords of Salem. This will probably be the first time I don't thow away a slipcase. I don't know whether to watch this BD now or wait 3 weeks or so..... crap!

larry

Agreed. Sweet case. Its still probably going in the garbage though. I've been staring at it for a couple days now and nearly broke down last night.......just to watch trailers and check out the menu. biggrin.gif As it stands, the plastic is still on and I'm hoping to keep it that way until next month.
post #6099 of 9764
Thread Starter 
don't people buy those slip cases? i think I've seen some go for stupid money. eek.gif
post #6100 of 9764
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeeman View Post

Kenobi, that looks great!! Mmmmm, good food, pretty women, what could be better!!

+1

Loving all the LFE talk. Nothing like good, creepy lfe in a horror flic. smile.gif

I was watching one a while back, forget the title now. Nothing much was happening yet, the girl is just walking around. Pretty quiet in all the channels, and then MMMMMMMMMMMMhhh. An ultra creepy, steady wave of ULF starts making my arm hair tingle and BOOM all hell breaks loose on screen. It was cool...
post #6101 of 9764
Speaking of food, more Halloween treats to make. These are sugar cookies made to look like fingers. The nails are actually almond slices.

*
post #6102 of 9764
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCaboNow View Post

+1

Loving all the LFE talk. Nothing like good, creepy lfe in a horror flic. smile.gif

I was watching one a while back, forget the title now. Nothing much was happening yet, the girl is just walking around. Pretty quiet in all the channels, and then MMMMMMMMMMMMhhh. An ultra creepy, steady wave of ULF starts making my arm hair tingle and BOOM all hell breaks loose on screen. It was cool...

LFE is my lifeline, my friend. I have an SVS PB12/Plus 2 and a PB12 Plus. Could bring the house down if I decided to push it. My theater/media room used to feature a 58" Panny plasma, which is friggin awesome, but it just didn't quite match the dynamics that my system was capable of. We recently added a motorized 106" Elite Screen to drop down in front of the Panny for movie time and mated it with an Epson projector. Things are much more harmonious now.

Speaking of.......does anybody happen to have a Darbee Darblet out there? If so, are you using it with a projector? I got one for my birthday and I'm looking to get other people's impressions/settings.
post #6103 of 9764
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Kenobi View Post

I'd love to hear that as well... I've been very happy with my HSU VTF3-MK3 but sure would like to hear what's above it cool.gif
I have a xbox one and a PS4 ordered and to be honest I have no idea if I will keep either. I ordered both with the idea that I would secure my place in line and then sell the one I didn't want around December 15th biggrin.gif My Live Gold account subscription expired a week ago and since I'm cutting back where possible I haven't renewed it and really don't miss it much. I do enjoy teaming up with people on my friends list for some COD but I enjoy hanging with my family and watching movies with the Mrs. more. With limited free time the xbox is starting to seem like not the best entertainment outlet for me. I may keep both, leave them in the packaging and ebay mid Dec who knows.
I almost bought both but I think the wife would've killed me! I will be happy though playing BF4 on the PS4, I need everyones PSN so we can shoot each other! Oh and if you are in Cincy you can come on by and check out the sub!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApolloCreed View Post

If I remember right, Jaws BD was part of my kick-off double feature last year. It was friggin amazing. Most of the scenes were immaculate and the new LFE was sooooo cool. Buy it, dude. cool.gif
I am actually disappointed with myself not owning this movie. frown.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenthplanet View Post

It's the price you pay for limited markets. If the market was huge Universal would be doing more of their own stuff, and you might pay 15.00 for it vs. Shout factory licensing the title. I ordered Prince of Darkness and while it's higher in price than some stuff it what you pay to get a hi-def disc.
Oh I 100% agree, but of course these movies come out when I am spending cash on other things right now. Give your critique of the movie in October, I am curious what guys here like/dislike about the Shout factory releases.
I laugh at myself because I used to spend up to $90 on LD's back in the 90's lol, man priorities change as you get older, well almost!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCaboNow View Post

+1

Loving all the LFE talk. Nothing like good, creepy lfe in a horror flic. smile.gif

I was watching one a while back, forget the title now. Nothing much was happening yet, the girl is just walking around. Pretty quiet in all the channels, and then MMMMMMMMMMMMhhh. An ultra creepy, steady wave of ULF starts making my arm hair tingle and BOOM all hell breaks loose on screen. It was cool...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApolloCreed View Post

LFE is my lifeline, my friend. I have an SVS PB12/Plus 2 and a PB12 Plus. Could bring the house down if I decided to push it. My theater/media room used to feature a 58" Panny plasma, which is friggin awesome, but it just didn't quite match the dynamics that my system was capable of. We recently added a motorized 106" Elite Screen to drop down in front of the Panny for movie time and mated it with an Epson projector. Things are much more harmonious now.

Speaking of.......does anybody happen to have a Darbee Darblet out there? If so, are you using it with a projector? I got one for my birthday and I'm looking to get other people's impressions/settings.

I love LFE and I hope the conjuring doesn't disappoint! Dark Skies was another flick that had decent bass that made the scenes tense!
Edited by BornSlippyZ - 9/7/13 at 2:41pm
post #6104 of 9764
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizzack View Post

don't people buy those slip cases? i think I've seen some go for stupid money. eek.gif

Yeah dudes on Blu Ray forum were pissed that I just chucked a bunch in the garbage.
post #6105 of 9764
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornSlippyZ View Post

Agreed and I am even questioning why I have the PS4 pre-ordered when I do not 'need' it. But I guess it will be my B day & Christmas gift rolled into one.

I'm not even looking at PS4 until next E3. I'll use my lowly PC to get by.
post #6106 of 9764
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrsg View Post

I'm not even looking at PS4 until next E3. I'll use my lowly PC to get by.

I will probably own 2 games by then and hopefully a new DeadSpace will be out!

PC is way better for gaming, but these days I am more of a winter gamer.
post #6107 of 9764
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornSlippyZ View Post

I will probably own 2 games by then and hopefully a new DeadSpace will be out!
Nearly every launch game will be PC with a like 2 exceptions for me. Xbone has nothing except Below and the standard gadget lust I harbor. Titanfall will be PC so they lose that one.
post #6108 of 9764
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApolloCreed View Post



Speaking of.......does anybody happen to have a Darbee Darblet out there? If so, are you using it with a projector? I got one for my birthday and I'm looking to get other people's impressions/settings.
I use a Darblet, but it is for a RPTV.
Josh Zyber is using one with his PJ.....send him a PM.wink.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornSlippyZ View Post

Yeah dudes on Blu Ray forum were pissed.
After I read your post, I was puzzled why this would be....
Then I realized, like cover art, slip covers are coveted by those who do NOT possess legitimate copies of the BDs in the first place.rolleyes.gif
post #6109 of 9764
That is one toy I want to see in action, is the darbee!


I kept some of the booklets and steel cased DVD/BD, but that cardboard drives me nuts just piling up! So it gets the heave ho.
post #6110 of 9764
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornSlippyZ View Post

Yeah dudes on Blu Ray forum were pissed that I just chucked a bunch in the garbage.
Eh, they get pissed about lots of things over there wink.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrsg View Post

Nearly every launch game will be PC with a like 2 exceptions for me. Xbone has nothing except Below and the standard gadget lust I harbor. Titanfall will be PC so they lose that one.
Titanfall looks amazing... I know people love their PC but I'll take the comfort of my sofa and a 65" plasma over that any day... then again I never got into PC gaming, they lost me at spacebar wink.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornSlippyZ View Post

That is one toy I want to see in action, is the darbee!


I kept some of the booklets and steel cased DVD/BD, but that cardboard drives me nuts just piling up! So it gets the heave ho.
tongue.gif

I have a few that I like but most of them I trash, especially if they are identical to the insert.
post #6111 of 9764
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornSlippyZ View Post

That is one toy I want to see in action, is the darbee!
All I can say is, as far as I am concerned, it works as advertised.

BTW, there is a thread for it here at AVS:
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1399154/darbee-vision-darblet/0_60

Quote:
I kept some of the booklets and steel cased DVD/BD, but that cardboard drives me nuts just piling up! So it gets the heave ho.
After unwrapping, I immediately put 'em in the Recycle Box.wink.gif
post #6112 of 9764
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApolloCreed View Post

LFE is my lifeline, my friend. I have an SVS PB12/Plus 2 and a PB12 Plus. Could bring the house down if I decided to push it. My theater/media room used to feature a 58" Panny plasma, which is friggin awesome, but it just didn't quite match the dynamics that my system was capable of. We recently added a motorized 106" Elite Screen to drop down in front of the Panny for movie time and mated it with an Epson projector. Things are much more harmonious now.

Speaking of.......does anybody happen to have a Darbee Darblet out there? If so, are you using it with a projector? I got one for my birthday and I'm looking to get other people's impressions/settings.

Nice!

I have an IB sub setup with four 18" drivers. Turns a small 100 sqft storage room next to my ht into a LARGE sub with four drivers. And it's cheap too. smile.gif

LOVE the Darbee. Really adds an extra sense of depth and detail to my old jvc RS10 on my 133" screen. I run "hidef" for sub par bluray, and HDTV and DVD. "Gaming" for average blurays and "full pop" for most excellent bluray releases or animated. All at 50%. Seems to get rave reviews from old pj's like mine all the way up to the $20k+ pj's. Excellent addition to any large screen.
post #6113 of 9764
Watched Cockneys vs. Zombies on BD.

This is a must see if you like any of the following:
1. Comedy
2. Gore
3. Well-made movies

What a gem this is; a must see IMO.
We laughed our knickers off.

This flick is in the same sub-genre as Shaun of the Dead.
Hell, it's just as good as SotD.cool.gif
Another bonus is the movie has "heart" (something it shares with Shaun).

IMHO, this is a must buy, and the BD has fine AV.
It does have English Subs, but I didn't find the Cockney too difficult to understand.

EVERYONE must, at a minimum, put this on their October List.

I give it 4 out of 4 A1 Grade Prime meat Zombies.smile.gif
post #6114 of 9764
Sounds like Juan of the Dead.
post #6115 of 9764
Another shirt I must have...


post #6116 of 9764
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrsg View Post

Sounds like Juan of the Dead.
BETTER.wink.gif
post #6117 of 9764
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Kenobi View Post

Another shirt I must have...



+1 me too!
post #6118 of 9764
Couldn't wait for Lords of Salem. I wanted to like it. I think RZ wanted me to like it. I almost liked it.
post #6119 of 9764
Quote:
Originally Posted by smudge981 View Post

Speaking of food, more Halloween treats to make. These are sugar cookies made to look like fingers. The nails are actually almond slices.

*
I love it!

larry
post #6120 of 9764
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrsg View Post

Couldn't wait for Lords of Salem. I wanted to like it. I think RZ wanted me to like it. I almost liked it.
Without spoiling what were your issues with it?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Other Areas of Interest › Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion › October fun: 31 days of Horror, Blood, Guts and Gore! (and zombies, too....)