or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Other Areas of Interest › Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion › October fun: 31 days of Horror, Blood, Guts and Gore! (and zombies, too....)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

October fun: 31 days of Horror, Blood, Guts and Gore! (and zombies, too....) - Page 259

post #7741 of 9794
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornSlippyZ View Post

Dude I am impressed with your FTV's Bob! Now I know to save some films prior to October!


lmao at the Miley Gif!

Bob is the FTV master and usually keeps me looking.
post #7742 of 9794
This one might be worth a watch folks... Dark Touch on IFC OneDemand and VOD
post #7743 of 9794
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornSlippyZ View Post

The weather is perfect now for these kinds of movies!
Finally the heat is off down here.Barley cracked 80 today after near 90 sweltering heat all month cool.gif..Makes it hard to get in the spirit when your sweating your a** off. BTW,I hate to admit it,but The Conjuring will be my first bd viewing.Mostly get movies from Netflix and VUDU.
post #7744 of 9794
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew24963 View Post

Finally the heat is off down here.Barley cracked 80 today after near 90 sweltering heat all month cool.gif..Makes it hard to get in the spirit when your sweating your a** off. BTW,I hate to admit it,but The Conjuring will be my first bd viewing.Mostly get movies from Netflix and VUDU.

Eww! DO UR LEAVES EVEN CHANGE BRO? smile.gif
post #7745 of 9794
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizzack View Post

Eww! DO UR LEAVES EVEN CHANGE BRO? smile.gif
Never!
post #7746 of 9794
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Kenobi View Post

This one might be worth a watch folks... Dark Touch on IFC OneDemand and VOD

Irish Carrie looks better than US Carrie rehash. Cool.
post #7747 of 9794
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizzack View Post

Irish Carrie looks better than US Carrie rehash. Cool.
That does look good! I'm a sucker for foreign horror, and love orphanage/private school horror.
post #7748 of 9794
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew24963 View Post

Finally the heat is off down here.Barley cracked 80 today after near 90 sweltering heat all month cool.gif..Makes it hard to get in the spirit when your sweating your a** off. BTW,I hate to admit it,but The Conjuring will be my first bd viewing.Mostly get movies from Netflix and VUDU.

We just had our first dusting of snow this afternoon! Last year we went to Disney World in December and the weather was perfect! I hope to visit Epcot with my family one day!
post #7749 of 9794
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornSlippyZ View Post

We just had our first dusting of snow this afternoon! Last year we went to Disney World in December and the weather was perfect! I hope to visit Epcot with my family one day!
I'm from Cleveland so I know about snow ! Epcot is fun as is Animal Kingdom.
post #7750 of 9794
Hey guys/gals, there is a article here that lists some new Horror movies to watch in 2013. I commented that VHS2 should be in that list and I think you guys should comment what should be on that list.
post #7751 of 9794
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornSlippyZ View Post

Hey guys/gals, there is a article here that lists some new Horror movies to watch in 2013. I commented that VHS2 should be in that list and I think you guys should comment what should be on that list.
Saw it and you're right to suggest VHS 2. I do like them putting Stoker on the list even though it's not a gory horror story,psychological horror, that it has. smile.gif
post #7752 of 9794
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornSlippyZ View Post

We just had our first dusting of snow this afternoon! Last year we went to Disney World in December and the weather was perfect! I hope to visit Epcot with my family one day!
My sister in Wisconsin said they were due to get snow flurries the other day. Perhaps this will be a wet year. Remember the year the World Series got hit with snow? That was weird.
post #7753 of 9794
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornSlSyZ View Post

Hey guys/gals, there is a article here that lists some new Horror movies to watch in 2013. I commented that VHS2 should be in that list and I think you guys should comment what should be on that list.

She listed Now You See Me? Oof. What happened to the cool guy from last year? :P
post #7754 of 9794
Thread Starter 
Got too cold too quick here in NJ. About to turn on the heat! At least no hurricanes in sight this Halloween.
post #7755 of 9794
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornSlippyZ View Post

Nice!
Cheater! ha!
Mine's still on hold down at Best Buy. Will get it tomorrow, could go tonight but why bring temptation into the house. biggrin.gif: eek.gifsmile.gif
post #7756 of 9794
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizzack View Post

Definitely a good one. Kind of like a giallo/zombie mashup.
That was quick. It doesn't pay to rent these things early.
Films released by Magnolia/ Magnet do go to Netflix quickly. They will also have their films on VOD sometimes while( and sometimes before) the films are in theaters.
post #7757 of 9794
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizzack View Post

She listed Now You See Me? Oof. What happened to the cool guy from last year? :P
I think one of us would be more qualified to do it next year. Any writers in the thread? Any nominations?
post #7758 of 9794
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenthplanet View Post

I think one of us would be more qualified to do it next year. Any writers in the thread? Any nominations?

This was pretty cool:

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1068270/october-fun-31-days-of-horror-blood-guts-and-gore-and-zombies-too/3360#post_22516835

http://www.avsforum.com/a/20-awesome-horror-movies
post #7759 of 9794

I've seen these so far in October:

 

Curse of Chucky

Inbred

Battle Royale

Silent Night

Jason X (Friday the 13th)

We Are What We Are

Midnight Meat Train

World War Z

Red Dawn 

Trick 'r Treat

 

I'd say my top three from this list are Curse of Chucky, Inbred, and Midnight Meat Train. 

post #7760 of 9794
In da house:

post #7761 of 9794
Shellter (2009) - Late as it was, I finally got around to watching our morning guy's foray into horror. Zoey (Cari Sanders) wakes up in an underground medical facility. She learns from the attending physician (William Tulin) that the planet has been decimated thanks to a virus. One by one, the doctor finds more survivors and brings them to the shelter. The good doctor not only seems to be looney tunes but insatiable as well. Slowly but surely, the body count rises. What's a good-looking holocaust survivor to do? The movie has:

Gratuitous injections.
Gratuitous sound effects.
Cannabalism.
Kabuki zombies.

I gave it two out of five bedpan zombies. I would have rated it lower but seeing your co-worker as a deranged doctor somehow makes it somewhat watchable. biggrin.gif
post #7762 of 9794
Quote:
Originally Posted by bombertodd View Post

I've seen these so far in October:

Curse of Chucky
Inbred
Battle Royale
Silent Night
Jason X (Friday the 13th)
We Are What We Are
Midnight Meat Train
World War Z
Red Dawn 
Trick 'r Treat

I'd say my top three from this list are Curse of Chucky, Inbred, and Midnight Meat Train. 

Curse of Chucky is really cool. One of my faves this month also.
post #7763 of 9794


28, The Children, Tom Shankland, 2008 First Time ViewIFCHD This movie has a couple of things going for it that makes it terrifying and sinister. First the setting is an English country side during the Christmas Holiday. Second it is about children that contract a bacteria/illness that causes them to go psycho on the parents. Some really good 'accidents' happen to the parents that aren't really paying attention to what these children are doing, which makes sense during the Holiday festivities. Of course the parents struggle with what is going on and never come to terms with it till it is too late. My only gripe was that I watched this on IFC and maybe it was the way the film was edited plus the commercials made the film 'choppy'. I need to rent this and watch it with out interruptions to see if it flows better. All in all a good film to watch for October.

3.5 Pint Sized Zombies





29, Jacob's Ladder, Adrian Lyne, 1990 DVD, I was thumbing throw my movie library and decided to put this movie on. I haven't seen it year and it was begging for another viewing. I actually seen this movie theatrically and it left a profound mark on my brain. This movie is a physiological/horror and it has a really good pace in this movie. Tim Robbins and Elizabeth Pena are perfect in this movie, as Tim plays a Vietnam vet struggling to go on with life after the loss of his son. Some really good wtf parts, along with scary surprises that will keep genre lovers engage in this remarkable film.

4.5 Head Shaking Zombies


Both of those trailers look great Oink and Kenobi! Music by Slash, right on!
Edited by BornSlippyZ - 10/25/13 at 5:16am
post #7764 of 9794
Watched about half of V/H/S/2 - very good so far! Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Love the I-am-zombie cam!!!

larry
post #7765 of 9794

I guess we suck this year. "Thou shalt have no false horror thread before me."
post #7766 of 9794
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrsg View Post

I guess we suck this year. "Thou shalt have no false horror thread before me."
If memory serves we worked with him on that list last year and he was very receptive to our input... obviously. Pretty solid list.
post #7767 of 9794
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Kenobi View Post

If memory serves we worked with him on that list last year and he was very receptive to our input... obviously. Pretty solid list.

I mean the big front page deal. No problem with the list at all.
post #7768 of 9794
On the lighter side of "horror", my daughter's animation "Overly Sensitive Zombie Girl" continues with episode #5, a Halloween episode! She might take a break from animation after another episode or two, I think she's getting a little burned out on the idea.
post #7769 of 9794
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornSlippyZ View Post

Hey guys/gals, there is a article here that lists some new Horror movies to watch in 2013. I commented that VHS2 should be in that list and I think you guys should comment what should be on that list.
I have my disagreements with some of those movies but mostly I like the list she has out there. It is cool that we can add our comments for those who want to dig a little deeper than those 10 movies, though.
post #7770 of 9794
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob McLaughlin View Post

I have my disagreements with some of those movies but mostly I like the list she has out there. It is cool that we can add our comments for those who want to dig a little deeper than those 10 movies, though.
I agree the list isn't that bad and I hope I wasn't coming off as obtuse or mean in that thread. But this thread is a one stop shop for any Horror movie watching, with anything from mild to wild.cool.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Other Areas of Interest › Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion › October fun: 31 days of Horror, Blood, Guts and Gore! (and zombies, too....)