or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Other Areas of Interest › Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion › October fun: 31 days of Horror, Blood, Guts and Gore! (and zombies, too....)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

October fun: 31 days of Horror, Blood, Guts and Gore! (and zombies, too....) - Page 273

post #8161 of 9784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken.F View Post

I have WWZ and regularly watch The Walking Dead, but I'm not a gamer.

Programming note:
The Descent is on IFC tonight at 6:00 PM (eastern). Maybe I'll finally get to see this movie instead of just hear it.

Definitely worth the watch!


I agree with others that said they like having a full tilt 2hr Zombie movie rather than doses of it. The thing that is kinda bothering me is the lull in a lot of the episodes without some sort of objective or big change with characters/situation. I still haven't watched America Horror Story Coven yet. I have a few on the DVR that I need to check out.
post #8162 of 9784
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeeman View Post

My usual problem with no time and wifey around, yes she cant even be in the room for something mild like this!! So i now have i think 4 episodes of Walking Dead (3 or 4, whatever there has been this season) on the DVR, and the same goes for American Horror Story, i also have all the new episodes of that on the DVR, i think 4. I gotta get a second DVR in the other room. These are just gonna build up, i will watch them eventually.
Same Here with wife and horror,even this.I download them then catch a few episodes at a time.Run time with no commercialsis around 40 min.give or take a fee. I've been working in your part of town Yankeeman,been awhile,almost civilized out there. :-)
post #8163 of 9784
Day 6. Subject is rambling on about "milk glass coffee mugs" as seen in The Conjuring for his collection.
post #8164 of 9784
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrsg View Post

Day 6. Subject is rambling on about "milk glass coffee mugs" as seen in The Conjuring for his collection.

Could be worse:

*
post #8165 of 9784
Got my three movies delivered from Amazon. I'm going to test them out with the new headphones in a couple of nights but first, I'm cleansing the palate with this:

post #8166 of 9784
Quote:
Originally Posted by smudge981 View Post

Could be worse:

*

My collection is all over the map. I have one of each kind. I found an old Morton Salt coffee cup in a old house. It has the girl from 1957 on it. In an antique store I saw the set of six and the guy tried to sell it to me he was dumbfounded I only wanted the one.

Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, z1.1.0. ||B2
post #8167 of 9784
Those glasses reminds me of the ones BK/McD's use to sell back in the day!
post #8168 of 9784
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornSlippyZ View Post

Those glasses reminds me of the ones BK/McD's use to sell back in the day!

I totally remember the Charlie Brown glasses from MCDs. I see them in antique stores from time to time. Last one I saw was 15 bucks.
post #8169 of 9784
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrsg View Post

I totally remember the Charlie Brown glasses from MCDs. I see them in antique stores from time to time. Last one I saw was 15 bucks.

Ah those were cool! I liked my Star Wars ones IIRC they were the Return of the Jedi ones.
post #8170 of 9784
Quote:
Originally Posted by smudge981 View Post

Can you report on the AV of this set?
post #8171 of 9784
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornSlippyZ View Post

Any guys keeping up The Walking Dead?

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrsg View Post

If you do that you end up with World War Z, TWD serial, and zombie mode in Call of Duty. Pretty much the end of Z. We need more ROTLD.


No time in October and episodes pilking up on the DVR. Suppose I will have to start getting to them before my teenage daughter dumps so she can have more room for her shows. eek.gif

I too prefer a 2 hour movie to kick butt, with no compromise, and then RESOLVE the situation - one way or another. The reason TWD is still sitting in the dvr is the lack of faith that I have that SOMETHING will happen in each episode. So, let them build up and get in a few at a time.

There is a lot of zombie stuff now but not a lot of GOOD efforts, imo. WWZ had its issues but at least it was something. I remember when The Dead came out but couldn't get it through blockbuster for a long time and it kept calling me to blind buy at $20. It just had that look of a decent budgeted, contemporary, and seroius Z movie. I held out and finally rented, and it sucked. Now Target has for $5 and not even worth that to me. Most of the BEST Z movies are 20-30 years old....

post #8172 of 9784
Nice acquisition, smudge! I don't have that set but if recall correctly it was well-reviewed from an A/V standpoint by DVD Talk
post #8173 of 9784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob McLaughlin View Post

Nice acquisition, smudge! I don't have that set but if recall correctly it was well-reviewed from an A/V standpoint by DVD Talk

I know you guys love the quality and stuff but I like my Stooges OTA in VHF.
post #8174 of 9784
I've watched the Walking Dead since day one but every October I get behind because of this movie marathon, this year I haven't watched an episode yet. AMC reruns the show mercilessly so I'm sure I'll catch up at some point.
post #8175 of 9784
If you have Hulu+ check out "Macabre" which really is "bloody disgusting" but one of the better horror films I've watched recently. After cutting the cable I've been watching "The Walking Dead" via Amazon Instant on their discount season pass where you only pay per episode. Figuring that soon it will go on hiatus for a couple months that is a good way to go. I also do same with "American Horror Story." Better NF WI and Hulu+ and Amazon, VUDU and even Google Play where I rented a film the other night there is more than enough to watch that I don't miss cable.

I did watch "Season of the Witch" which is Romero's second film which is on Hulu but web only. Well I just opened it in Chrome and clicked the Chromecast icon and watched in on my TV anyway. wink.gif
post #8176 of 9784
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCaboNow View Post


No time in October and episodes pilking up on the DVR. Suppose I will have to start getting to them before my teenage daughter dumps so she can have more room for her shows. eek.gif

I too prefer a 2 hour movie to kick butt, with no compromise, and then RESOLVE the situation - one way or another. The reason TWD is still sitting in the dvr is the lack of faith that I have that SOMETHING will happen in each episode. So, let them build up and get in a few at a time.

There is a lot of zombie stuff now but not a lot of GOOD efforts, imo. WWZ had its issues but at least it was something. I remember when The Dead came out but couldn't get it through blockbuster for a long time and it kept calling me to blind buy at $20. It just had that look of a decent budgeted, contemporary, and seroius Z movie. I held out and finally rented, and it sucked. Now Target has for $5 and not even worth that to me. Most of the BEST Z movies are 20-30 years old....

There are some solid ones that have made good efforts to reinvent the z-wheel... I've mentioned them all before but Pontypool, REC, etc. have been strong genre flicks IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob McLaughlin View Post

I've watched the Walking Dead since day one but every October I get behind because of this movie marathon, this year I haven't watched an episode yet. AMC reruns the show mercilessly so I'm sure I'll catch up at some point.
I watch it for the makeup and a couple characters... it's not what it was when launched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Conrad View Post

If you have Hulu+ check out "Macabre" which really is "bloody disgusting" but one of the better horror films I've watched recently. After cutting the cable I've been watching "The Walking Dead" via Amazon Instant on their discount season pass where you only pay per episode. Figuring that soon it will go on hiatus for a couple months that is a good way to go. I also do same with "American Horror Story." Better NF WI and Hulu+ and Amazon, VUDU and even Google Play where I rented a film the other night there is more than enough to watch that I don't miss cable.

I did watch "Season of the Witch" which is Romero's second film which is on Hulu but web only. Well I just opened it in Chrome and clicked the Chromecast icon and watched in on my TV anyway. wink.gif
Thanks! Would love to see this and have been seeing the Fangoria andBD articles on FB on it and sounds good (although reviews were not all that great last I checked).
post #8177 of 9784
Good news everyone!


CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 90

Here are some other titles in pre-production:
Wolfcano
Bearnami
Hippoquake
Tarantulavalanche and Hurricanine
Well, that's a good start. We've come up with our own list. Observe:
Shih Tzunami
Blizzardvaark
Baboonhaboob (or simply "baboob"): a haboob full of baboons
Penguinferno: It ends with our hero kneeling on a sandy beach before a toppled, scorched Statue of Liberty, wailing, "You tuxedoed pyromaniacs! You burned it up!"
Apecano: Everything was fine until the volcano started spewin' monkeys!
Terminatornado: A tornado with Terminators in it
Gnu'easter
Godzillacane
Gatorquake
Kittycane, the purrrfect storm
And for you vegetarians out there:
Beet Wave and Potatocano
And one for the dessert lovers:
Piephoon: "Make mine blueberry, o mighty Poseidon!"
Perhaps even scarier are the celebrity versions:
Kardashianami: Is there anything more terrifying?
SharkNader: It ate Al Gore's presidency
Mr. T-phoon: I pity the 'phoon who thinks he can blow me away!
Charlie Halestorm: It's not just raining men, it's hailing mayors!
Trumpphoon: Alternate title, "Blow Hard"
Ben Huricane: A hurricane full of Charlton Hestons
Earthaquake: An earthquake full of Eartha Kitts
Carmen Elektracalstorm
Wolf Blizzard
Edited by oink - 11/6/13 at 1:45pm
post #8178 of 9784
Media blackout engage.
post #8179 of 9784
I cant wait for AARDVARKO and also PLATYPUSO!!!!
eek.gif
post #8180 of 9784
I find it funny that they've broken out the viewership by country. Go USA.
post #8181 of 9784
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Kenobi View Post

There are some solid ones that have made good efforts to reinvent the z-wheel... I've mentioned them all before but Pontypool, REC, etc. have been strong genre flicks IMO.

Agreed. I want more! biggrin.gif

I don't even need them to recreate the wheel. Just do a good job with the production, writing, acting...tongue.gif
REC is going on 7 years old and PP almost 6. Looking for some more good titles. Maybe WWZ will spawn some more quality interest in Z flics. Something more in line with the tone of the book...
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

Good news everyone!


CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 90

What? They are going for a cash grab? Way to taint the original movie...
post #8182 of 9784
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCaboNow View Post

Just do a good job with the production, writing, acting...tongue.gif
NOOOOOOOOOO eek.gif
That would ruin it!!!!!

What makes Sharknado so good is it's so BAD.
That's the movie's magic.wink.gif
post #8183 of 9784
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

Can you report on the AV of this set?

I could but Bob pretty much nailed it. Good box set. Watching the black & whites are like being a kid in front of the ol' Syvania TV way back when. Remember seeing them around '60 at the county fair when I was *conveniently forgets age.* I was so bummed that I couldn't meet them.
post #8184 of 9784
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

Good news everyone!


CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 90

Here are some other titles in pre-production:
Wolfcano
Bearnami
Hippoquake
Tarantulavalanche and Hurricanine
Well, that's a good start. We've come up with our own list. Observe:
Shih Tzunami
Blizzardvaark
Baboonhaboob (or simply "baboob"): a haboob full of baboons
Penguinferno: It ends with our hero kneeling on a sandy beach before a toppled, scorched Statue of Liberty, wailing, "You tuxedoed pyromaniacs! You burned it up!"
Apecano: Everything was fine until the volcano started spewin' monkeys!
Terminatornado: A tornado with Terminators in it
Gnu'easter
Godzillacane
Gatorquake
Kittycane, the purrrfect storm
And for you vegetarians out there:
Beet Wave and Potatocano
And one for the dessert lovers:
Piephoon: "Make mine blueberry, o mighty Poseidon!"
Perhaps even scarier are the celebrity versions:
Kardashianami: Is there anything more terrifying?
SharkNader: It ate Al Gore's presidency
Mr. T-phoon: I pity the 'phoon who thinks he can blow me away!
Charlie Halestorm: It's not just raining men, it's hailing mayors!
Trumpphoon: Alternate title, "Blow Hard"
Ben Huricane: A hurricane full of Charlton Hestons
Earthaquake: An earthquake full of Eartha Kitts
Carmen Elektracalstorm
Wolf Blizzard

Poster looks like film market promo material, hence the viewership breakouts per country.
post #8185 of 9784
Can't tell you guys enough if you like Sharknado then you gots to see Chillerama. It has **** that will turn you white.
post #8186 of 9784
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Kenobi View Post

Thanks! Would love to see this and have been seeing the Fangoria andBD articles on FB on it and sounds good (although reviews were not all that great last I checked).
"Macabre" is an Asian film and has subtitles which might have effected its rating. It also starts out a little slow but builds to big climax.

I tried to watch "Zombie Massacre" on Netflix last night but had to shut down after about 30 minutes because I was nodding off. Not due to the film but because it was late. I'm going to rewatch tonight. Uwe Boll is the producer (not the director as is listed on NF) and appears as POTUS in the film biggrin.gif
post #8187 of 9784
Day 7. From the subjects journal:

They made me watch a Halloween themed episode of American Pickers and the junk heap the hoarder had didn't fall and crush anyone. There is no solace here. Only the dark.
post #8188 of 9784
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrsg View Post

Day 7. From the subjects journal:

They made me watch a Halloween themed episode of American Pickers and the junk heap the hoarder had didn't fall and crush anyone. There is no solace here. Only the dark.
Oh the wit, Darth.biggrin.gif

Last night I also tried the Aussie film 100 Bloody Acres.

This is one of those movies with confused identities.
It wants to be a Horror AND a Black Comedy.
Unfortunately, it does neither well.

Oinked at 35 minutes....
post #8189 of 9784
Still gotta say AHS: Coven is KILLING it. Leaps and bounds beyond Asylum.
post #8190 of 9784
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrsg View Post

Can't tell you guys enough if you like Sharknado then you gots to see Chillerama. It has **** that will turn you white.
From the same movie. Yes, it's true. This man has no dick.

Love your line, and always enjoy when a line from a movie is part of your everyday vocab.

Not sure when I can use my example above, but have worked it in periodically over the years...cool.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Conrad View Post

I tried to watch "Zombie Massacre" on Netflix last night but had to shut down after about 30 minutes because I was nodding off. Not due to the film but because it was late. I'm going to rewatch tonight. Uwe Boll is the producer (not the director as is listed on NF) and appears as POTUS in the film biggrin.gif
Let us know how that goes. IMDB has it at 2.2.eek.gifsmile.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrsg View Post

Day 7. From the subjects journal:

They made me watch a Halloween themed episode of American Pickers and the junk heap the hoarder had didn't fall and crush anyone. There is no solace here. Only the dark.

No school for the rest of the week so my kids were up later than normal watching similar. Not much schooling going on in November and December anymore. The kids call it "No school November". Glad my prop taxes went up $500 to help fund the schools so they have money when my kids aren't in school and I have to pay for daycare on those days...

Did Kiss of the Damned last night. Eh, probably 2.9 lovelorn Zombies. Neat angle of contemporary Vampires but so many plot lines that would have been interesting if pursued but instead was somewhat twilighty in emo, angst. Opportunity missed. Had the guy from HEROES and The Divide in it. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
favorite lame moment. Heroes dude is all depressed because he slept with the sister of his GREAT LOVE, WHO HE THREW AWAY HIS HUMANITY FOR. And since HE is her great love, she will be devastated. When he tells her she is like "Meh, I ate your long time, human friend." And the powerful scene between these two great lovers ends...[/img]
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Other Areas of Interest › Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion › October fun: 31 days of Horror, Blood, Guts and Gore! (and zombies, too....)