i want to post my review here of what i was saying in another tread:
Ok i just saw a 40'' xbr6 in sonystyle in Canada. they received it yesterday.
It has all the sticker on the the tv : BE2, 10bit, 120hz, x.v color...
it seems to be a little different from look from the us version. It can be me but i dont remember seeing the sticker on the tv with the US xbr6 pics. and the bezel too seem different, than US version, cant say im 100% sure anyway, it look a little different, the gray bar at the bottom seem different a little
Anyway this is what i think.
I had this lcd tv side by side with a Xbr4 40'' and a v4100 40'' and a w3000 40''. ( alittle far from there was w4100 and a z4100 all 40'')
they played a blu-ray film. ( a new james bond movie i think... i forgot the name of the movies). ALL LCD TV WAS SET EXACTLY the same. i look the setting. motionflow standard with auto1, they were all in component cables. i take more than 1 hour to compare them. anyway the comparison didnt not take long. THE XBR6 TOTALLY SURPASS the xbr4 and w3000 and v4100 in blu-ray movie. Wow really better. i really think the xbr6 has even better color and sharpness than the Z. ( the z was far from xbr6, but i compare them anyway.
1. Xbr6 Blacks are really better than XBR4. in a scene i saw a japanese girl and her hair was so black with xbr6 compare to xbr4. impressive. i dont think i need a xbr8 with blacks like that.
2. Xbr6 colors REALLY REALLY Better than xbr4 even the Z. the v4100 look really bad compare to it in term of color. The w4100 that was a little far from there, has really bad colors compare to xbr6. im pretty perfectionnist, but you can see that in several scene, not all, but in several scenes. i dont want to say that w4100 has bad colors, but you cant compare it with the xbr6. really cant. the xbr6 seem to have more realistic colors than the xbr4 for sure. And more pop , it great to see the xbr6 have great pop with no loss in quality of colors. the colors are so nice in xbr6 it now impossible to buy a xbr4 for me. im sure the contrast ratio 50000:1 in xbr6 must have some reason for these results.
3. Sincerely, im asking me if the xbr6 from canada is the same from US..
The Angle, was better than the Z and better than the w4100.
The xbr4 has only a slight advantage over the Xbr6. xbr4 look nearly perfect at nearly every angle, but xbr6 look very good from the side, not perfect, but really better than w4100 and others. it has surprising me. little little washout
4. The sharpness... The xbr6 blow away the xbr4 in 1080p blu-ray movie in component. and i saw so many xbr4 in 1080p and i can TELL YOU FOR SURE THE XBR6 has better sharpness than xbr4 at 1080p. I could not imagine the sharpness even better than a xbr4... but it exist. even if i didnt have a xbr4 side to it, i will have say the same thing. i saw so many xbr4 in blu-ray. the better test when was i saw face in people in big i can say for sure the xbr6 has more details in the face than xbr4. its not very hard to see the difference. even someone that remember well the xbr4 will say the same thing even seeing only the xbr6
5. Definately the motion is really ( better handling) with xbr6 than xbr4, or w3000, and v4100. ( but w3000 and v4100 dont do 120 hz)
no smearing in xbr6 for sure. its the first time i see a sony set with so little blurring in 120 hz mode in standard. but the w4100 do a great job too to handling motion in 120hz standard. i suppose BE2 is the reason. xbr4 definately cant handling motion like xbr6 can do. for me the difference is major, because i have a lot of trouble with motion blur, cant live with that. but i cant buy a xbr8 anyway even in led-backlight do a 1000 resolution motion with 120hz. for the truth you will see a good difference in motion with xbr6 vs xbr4.
6. in overall when you look at it you want the xbr6 for sure, its every way better than xbr4. ( when comparing them at nearly same setting)
i think the only xbr4 advantage for me, is its pro engine for other resolution, i say that because i read that, but i dindt compare xbr6 in others resolution with the xbr4. i better have a a set like xbr6 with perfect sharpness in 1080p, than a xbr4 with DEFINATELY less sharpness in 1080p, even if its perform a little better in others resolution. and if i have the chance to see the xbr6 in others resolution vs a xbr4 and found the xbr6 similar in PQ and sharpness, for me the xbr6 will be a complete better tv than xbr4. not enough difference in angle to give much credit to xbr4.
the xbr6 is really impressive. The samsung A650 is far from the PQ overall of the Xbr6, believe me.
THE XBR6 sharpness and details is really better than xbr4 in 1080p , its a fact. i took a lot of time to examine each details with both tv