or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › Breaking Bad on AMCHD
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Breaking Bad on AMCHD - Page 45

post #1321 of 4072
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastslappy View Post

the problem I have will Walt doing the poisoning would how would he approach the kid to get a kid to eat the berries ? ? It was well know to Jessee's G/F that Walt was Not Welcome .So she would never let Walt near the kid .

I have to agree that this will have to be explained.
post #1322 of 4072
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiratesCove View Post

Me too, the Encore showing fixed the audio.

AMCHD's audio had been glitched since "Aliens" on Saturday.

So Aliens wasn't just me either. Good to know. And yeah, I ended up watching the encore showing of Breaking Bad too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakestir View Post

I kind of found "face off" a little anticlimatic and not nearly as tension filled as some of the past few episodes. The half faced Gus walking out of the room was a little cheesy IMHO.

It was, but it was still awesome to see.
post #1323 of 4072
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoon View Post

When Gus walked out of the room I thought he was the god damn T-1000... Then he just dropped dead proving that he is mortal just like anyone else.

At first I thought they got Arnie to do a cameo for the scene.

BTW the bare wires w/ a gap would not arc w/ 110 VAC or 220 VAC. A better trigger would have been to break a lite bulb and let the filament flash.

Great episode!
post #1324 of 4072
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastslappy View Post

the problem I have will Walt doing the poisoning would how would he approach the kid to get a kid to eat the berries?

He may have used his superior chemistry skills to cook 'em up in a tasty candy treat and slipped it to the kid when he was playing outside. Mama may have taken a bathroom break or was otherwise not engaged in watching the kid at that moment. "Never take candy from a stranger, son." - always good advice, but perhaps not yet imparted to young Brock.
post #1325 of 4072
Last night's Breaking Bad season finale was the perfect ending to what I believe may have been the greatest single season of any television show ever aired. It had great scene after great scene.

When Walt was hiding next door to Tio Hector's room at the nursing home, we first heard the old woman's voice saying hello to Walt several times before we ever learned that she was Hector's next door neighbor and saw Walt outside her window. By the way, the 5.1 audio when I saw it was so great that the first couple of times the old lady said hello, I turned around to confirm that a strange woman had not just walked into my viewing room.

Walt's diabolical, and ultimately successful, scheme to kill Gus by luring him Tio Hector's room was inspired. At first, I couldn't figure out how it could be done. Not until Hector started rapidly tapping his bell, we saw the bomb strapped to the bottom of Hector's wheelchair, and Gus got a stricken look on his face, did I figure out what was coming. Sure enough, Gus got blown up in a very satisfying way. This was the one and only time since Gus first showed up that instead of being 10 steps ahead of everybody else, he was a fatal half step behind.

The final scene in Walt's pool area, which showed the plant that produced the berries used to poison the child of Jesse's girlfriend was chilling. I thought it was necessary, too, because until I saw the plant, I really didn't think Walt had been behind the poisoning. Walt had conned me just as he had conned his family and associates. Some of you realized earlier what a monster Walt has become but it took me until the last frame of the season finale to figure it out for myself. Walt has become the poster child for the truism that if you don't want to smell like s**t, don't roll around in pig pens.

I agree with those of you who have said that this season finale could have been the perfect ending the Breaking Bad series. Still, I'm looking forward to the fifth and final season of the show, secure in the knowledge that Gilligan and his writers will come up with a lot more intriguing stuff.
post #1326 of 4072
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

The final scene in Walt's pool area, which showed the plant that produced the berries used to poison the child of Jesse's girlfriend was chilling. I thought it was necessary, too, because until I saw the plant, I really didn't think Walt had been behind the poisoning. Walt had conned me just as he had conned his family and associates. Some of you realized earlier what a monster Walt has become but it took me until the last frame of the season finale to figure it out for myself. Walt has become the poster child for the truism that if you don't want to smell like s**t, don't roll around in pig pens.

Another thing Walt did that showed just how morally compromised he's become was when he got the poor lady next door to check out his house. If Gus's guys had been waiting for him or rigged the house to explode, she could have been killed (instead of him). Nice.
post #1327 of 4072
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post

Another thing Walt did that showed just how morally compromised he's become was when he got the poor lady next door to check out his house. If Gus's guys had been waiting for him or rigged the house to explode, she could have been killed (instead of him). Nice.

That's what I thought was actually going to happen.
post #1328 of 4072
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post

Another thing Walt did that showed just how morally compromised he's become was when he got the poor lady next door to check out his house. If Gus's guys had been waiting for him or rigged the house to explode, she could have been killed (instead of him). Nice.

I was relieved when she didn't get harmed by the two who were waiting for Walt. But that was surely a cold play on his part.
post #1329 of 4072
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post

Another thing Walt did that showed just how morally compromised he's become was when he got the poor lady next door to check out his house. If Gus's guys had been waiting for him or rigged the house to explode, she could have been killed (instead of him). Nice.

FYI: the woman playing the neighbor is Vince Gilligan's mother

looks like the final season will be all about Walt's struggle with those closest to him- Jesse and Hank specifially...no more cartels or external villians...I'm sure Jesse will find out about Walt's involvement with both Jane and Brock...maybe Walt's cancer will also return
post #1330 of 4072
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post


Another thing Walt did that showed just how morally compromised he's become was when he got the poor lady next door to check out his house. If Gus's guys had been waiting for him or rigged the house to explode, she could have been killed (instead of him). Nice.

I thought the same. What a schmuck.

And a nod to the actress who played Saul's secretary. Her "been there done that and I smell an opportunity" tone in her scene with Walt was pitch perfect. Along with the scene with Tio's neighbor in the pink glasses, this show really knows how to use humor to heighten tension.
post #1331 of 4072
On one hand, WOW. On another hand a bit underwhelming since you knew Gus would die and Walt had to live. I kinda wish he got away with it less cleanly or something. I thought something for sure would try to get him after the explosion.

Oh and... (from another forum):

LMAO!
post #1332 of 4072
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipfreak View Post

On one hand, WOW. On another hand a bit underwhelming since you knew Gus would die and Walt had to live. I kinda wish he got away with it less cleanly or something. I thought something for sure would try to get him after the explosion.

Oh and... (from another forum):

LMAO!

That is so cool! There's that ridiculous level of attention to the smallest details again.
post #1333 of 4072
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitusTroy View Post

looks like the final season will be all about Walt's struggle with those closest to him- Jesse and Hank specifially...no more cartels or external villians...I'm sure Jesse will find out about Walt's involvement with both Jane and Brock...maybe Walt's cancer will also return

There's more than enough fodder for story available. Just the blowback from everything that's happened can keep all parties busy for 16 eps. Lots of dangling threads around. Gilligan has stated that they really have no idea where they will take it - yet. I'm betting that Walt will want more money and makes more meth.
post #1334 of 4072
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgrimes View Post

There's more than enough fodder for story available. Just the blowback from everything that's happened can keep all parties busy for 16 eps. Lots of dangling threads around. Gilligan has stated that they really have no idea where they will take it - yet. I'm betting that Walt will want more money and makes more meth.

I would anticipate the final season to start with Walt on top of the world, and end (along with the series) with him in the gutter.

Right now, he is triumphant. But Mike is out there, perhaps ready to take revenge. Jessie is going to figure something out too (perhaps due to Mike's interest in revenge), and Hank/the DEA are going to keep investigating after this triple murder. I'm sure Hank will conclude eventually that Heisenberg orchestrated Gus' death, not the old man acting alone.

Skyler may well turn against him too. Imagine if Skyler finds out that he was willing to sacrifice a child to get his way? When they're supposed to be caring for their own newborn?

Plus, the issue with Skyler's old boss is still lingering overhead. I liked the way they brought in the investigators after Jessie's comment about Ricin. Just goes to show that there are many entities watching and listening, even if they aren't entities who we regularly get to see.

And, of course, there's always the cancer lingering in the background.
post #1335 of 4072
As far as poisoning Brock, Walt probably calibrated the dose to make him sick but not kill him. Of course, death was still a possibility, but that will be his defense if he's ever called on it.
post #1336 of 4072
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipfreak View Post


Oh and... (from another forum): * SPOILER *

LMAO!

That is awesome!
post #1337 of 4072
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post

Another thing Walt did that showed just how morally compromised he's become was when he got the poor lady next door to check out his house. If Gus's guys had been waiting for him or rigged the house to explode, she could have been killed (instead of him). Nice.

That's right. I, too, was amazed at Walt's callousness in sending his elderly neighbor into a house that was in grave danger of being attacked or blown up. As deliciously nasty a villain as Gus was, Walt is at least as evil but hides it better.

It seems that several of you agree with a prediction I made weeks ago, that Walter would ultimately be killed by a recurrence of his cancer.
post #1338 of 4072
I know it wasn't that long ago that the season ended, but I don't know what I miss more... Gus or the show.
post #1339 of 4072
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

That's right. I, too, was amazed at Walt's callousness in sending his elderly neighbor into a house that was in grave danger of being attacked or blown up. As deliciously nasty a villain as Gus was, Walt is at least as evil but hides it better.

It seems that several of you agree with a prediction I made weeks ago, that Walter would ultimately be killed by a recurrence of his cancer.

I'd love to see Walt, Jesse, (and Saul) go out on top - like with their own, new, cartel in Mexico - but that will never happen. Jesse has a chance to "live on" with his "family" but Walt will probably confess on his death bed if he's not caught beforehand.

Will Gus's long lost associates from his previous life make an appearance? Someone or something will have to fill in the void created by Gus and then Walt.

It will be interesting to see where they take it (Duh!) but it's going to be pretty hard to top this season.

larry
post #1340 of 4072
Quote:
Originally Posted by PooperScooper View Post

It will be interesting to see where they take it (Duh!) but it's going to be pretty hard to top this season.

larry

That's what we said last season. And the one before. And the one before.

No worries; Vince Gilligan is like the Mailman - he delivers!
And yes, I'll miss Gus Fring too. I especially hate that we'll probably never know his complete backstory now unless they decide that information will have relevance to next season's plotlines.
post #1341 of 4072
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipfreak View Post

I know it wasn't that long ago that the season ended, but I don't know what I miss more... Gus or the show.

+1 , hopefully Gus will return in some flash-backs.
post #1342 of 4072
I can see a final scene with everyone descending on Walt's fortress, after discovering all the truths, to kill him. Hank, Jesse, Skyler, Mike, Mexicans, DEA (etc) all burst in different doors. A massive shootout occurs around a dead Walt with a Cancer report in front of him.
post #1343 of 4072
For me, the definitive sign that Walt actually poisoned Brock was when Walt and Jesse were talking on the roof-top Parking Lot. When Jesse told Walt that Brock was going to make it, watch Walt's reaction. As soon as he reacted the way he did and said "Oh thank God", or something similar, both my wife and shouted out "Walt poisoned the kid!".

I agree - probably the best season of a TV show that I have ever seen. I vote for Emmys all around.
post #1344 of 4072
Epic ending, haven't seen a season finale of any series this good for a long while..
post #1345 of 4072
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiratesCove View Post

+1 , hopefully Gus will return in some flash-backs.

That's would be nice I suppose.

His final scene I thought... Really? This is it? This is how this bad ass is going to go down?
post #1346 of 4072
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipfreak View Post

That's would be nice I suppose.

His final scene I thought... Really? This is it? This is how this bad ass is going to go down?

Kinda my same thoughts, Gus was such a super villain and the ending just didn't seem fitting to me. I guess I really didn't want to see him leave, was hoping the next season would be the big finale/showdown between Gus and Walt.
post #1347 of 4072
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipfreak View Post


That's would be nice I suppose.

His final scene I thought... Really? This is it? This is how this bad ass is going to go down?

I think the way it was shot is what made it so great. At first you see him walk out and think "this guy must be untouchable" then the camera pans around.
post #1348 of 4072
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickoakdl View Post

I think the way it was shot is what made it so great. At first you see him walk out and think "this guy must be untouchable" then the camera pans around.

That's what I thought, too. I also thought it was kind of a depiction of Gus being so two-faced. Everyone outside his circle thought he was an upstanding businessman & philanthropist, on the other hand he was a savage drug dealer. His face represented his 2 personas.
post #1349 of 4072
I am really going to miss Giancarlo Esposito. I do think this part will lead to a lot of work for him (just like actors in HBO shows tend to become sought after once their shows end) -- but probably nothing quite as juicy. His ability to play emotion with such absolute stillness was really a joy to watch.
post #1350 of 4072
As much as I'm going to miss Gus, I'm glad he was killed rather than dragging him out.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: HDTV Programming
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › Breaking Bad on AMCHD