or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › Breaking Bad on AMCHD
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Breaking Bad on AMCHD - Page 6

post #151 of 4072
Quote:
Originally Posted by barth2k View Post

I don't know how long they can keep this up, though. as someone said, at some point walt must be whacked or jailed. but this is the one show on TV that never languishes on my DVR while I decide whether I'm in the mood for it. I watch it as soon as I can and savor every minute.

Drug dealers and cooks don't usually get caught at all, so the odds are in his favor in that regard. The twins may have other ideas. The consequences for him are in his family life, not the legal system. I agree that there's no preaching going on in the show, which is what makes so good. It is what it is. Best show on TV by far this year.
post #152 of 4072
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaded Dogfood View Post

Let's not forget that Skyler is now an accessory to Walt's crimes, and the longer she waits (and she surely seems in for the long haul), the deeper a hole she is digging for herself.

Not to mention her boss's book-cooking shenanigans (sealed with the proverbial kiss, no doubt). She's actually an accessory to two sets of criminal activity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgrimes View Post

Best show on TV by far this year.

Guess you don't watch LOST.
post #153 of 4072
I think Skyler see's the potential danger in Walter's activities and is doing the protective mother bit, doing anything she can to get him out of the house.
post #154 of 4072
To the best show on TV comment, I totally agree.....
post #155 of 4072
"Best Show On TV"...? There are few contenders. My top 5 nominees, roughly in order:

LOST
Damages
Breaking Bad
Mad Men
Big Love

BSG ending last year opened up a spot and in a pinch, I'd try to squeeze in 'Dexter'. And if everything I'm reading and hearing about HBO's 'Treme' is accurate, it may muscle into that rarefied air next year. David Simon is exec producing so you know it's probably stellar stuff.

What do they all have in common? Fully serialized dramas. Long form novels for television. They have the luxury of developing an evolving story line, each week a new chapter in a highly nuanced tale. The kind that, unfortunately, keep striking out on broadcast TV. Thank goodness there's enough of an audience for this sort of fare to persuade somebody to keep making it. I salute you guys!
post #156 of 4072
not as good as last season, so far

archie, lets not start a "this is my list of best shows" hijack
we get it, you love "Lost"
post #157 of 4072
Quote:
Originally Posted by dm145 View Post

not as good as last season, so far

archie, lets not start a "this is my list of best shows" hijack
we get it, you love "Lost"

No hijack, just a diversion. I love this show too.
post #158 of 4072
This show keeps getting crazier and weirder....yet does actually deal with Walt and Jessie's karma.

Unfortunately its starting to appear that all of this show's characters are doomed, due to their own inflexabilities and short-sightnesses.
post #159 of 4072
What is Walt's malfunction? Anyway, a bit confused by this episode. Gas clerk girl is an idiot.
post #160 of 4072
What is Walt's malfunction?

Walt is having a nervous breakdown.
post #161 of 4072
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipfreak View Post

What is Walt's malfunction?

What isn't?
Quote:


Gas clerk girl is an idiot.

Unlike most gas clerk girls?

From the previews, it looks like Skyler is about to become a full accessory to Walt's crimes. Does anyone think that Walt isn't going to start cooking again?

Jesse is the real idiot. Handing out meth in full view of 2 security cameras. Duh!
post #162 of 4072
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgrimes View Post

Drug dealers and cooks don't usually get caught at all, so the odds are in his favor in that regard.

A majority of the inmates in our state penitentiary were convicted of drug offenses. Is this another "Only in New Mexico" thing?

The cops around here are pretty good at eventually getting the drug manufacturers. Most of them packed up and moved to California and Mexico. Now our prisons are full of distributors (dealers). Since the manufacturing is beyond their reach now it makes fighting the problem much more difficult.
post #163 of 4072
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipfreak View Post

What is Walt's malfunction?

He's always been an egocentric with an inflated sense of self-worth. Cheating death (both with cancer and drug dealers) has made him feel immortal. Now he's a sociopath.

Saul gave him the best legal advice ever: grow up! He really does think that Skyler cheating on him is the greatest injustice the world has ever seen and he's justified to do anything he damn well pleases now. I think they need to throw in another flashback to when Walt seemed like a pleasant man because it's hard to remember why any sane woman would marry this jerk.
post #164 of 4072
Quote:
Originally Posted by scowl View Post

He's always been an egocentric with an inflated sense of self-worth. Cheating death (both with cancer and drug dealers) has made him feel immortal. Now he's a sociopath.

Saul gave him the best legal advice ever: grow up! He really does think that Skyler cheating on him is the greatest injustice the world has ever seen and he's justified to do anything he damn well pleases now. I think they need to throw in another flashback to when Walt seemed like a pleasant man because it's hard to remember why any sane woman would marry this jerk.

he's just an angry old man now lol
post #165 of 4072
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgrimes View Post

What isn't?

Unlike most gas clerk girls?

Jesse is the real idiot. Handing out meth in full view of 2 security cameras. Duh!


lol, True.

lol, True again. Are they all usually fat too then?

Yeah, it's why I didn't comment on Jesse. Was established a long time ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgrimes View Post

Does anyone think that Walt isn't going to start cooking again?

Only way I see that happening is if he's forced to. Yeah, I know the black guy wouldn't make Walt do it by force, but there are other people that might make him or something.
post #166 of 4072
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipfreak View Post

Only way I see that happening is if he's forced to. Yeah, I know the black guy wouldn't make Walt do it by force, but there are other people that might make him or something.

Here's an interesting parallel in Walter's life that someone else pointed out. When he was in a partnership with Schwartz in Gray Matter, Walt got upset because he felt that Schwartz was using his ideas and not giving him the credit for his brilliance. Walt naturally got pissed and walked away leaving untold amounts of cash.

Well, here we are again! Walter was in a partnership with Jesse which Walt walked away from. Now Jesse is profiting from Walter's brilliance. That damn Jesse is cranking out an inferior version of his trademark product and all he gets is some money thrown into his car at a stop light for doing nothing... like it's charity or something!

Walt (meaning Heisenberg) will not let this injustice happen twice in his life. I expect (and I didn't see the previews) Walt to go straight to Gus, apologize for that crap his junkie partner cooked up and offer to make some real Heisenberg meth, stuff so clear you could read through it. As long as he gets 100% credit, Walt would probably do it for free.
post #167 of 4072
Quote:
Originally Posted by scowl View Post

A majority of the inmates in our state penitentiary were convicted of drug offenses. Is this another "Only in New Mexico" thing?

The cops around here are pretty good at eventually getting the drug manufacturers. Most of them packed up and moved to California and Mexico. Now our prisons are full of distributors (dealers). Since the manufacturing is beyond their reach now it makes fighting the problem much more difficult.


Most of the distributors and manufacturers stay on the street and out of site. Most arrested are smaller dealers(dealers aren't distributors) and small possession. The flow of drugs simply doesn't stop.
post #168 of 4072
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantanamo View Post

Most of the distributors and manufacturers stay on the street and out of site. Most arrested are smaller dealers(dealers aren't distributors) and small possession. The flow of drugs simply doesn't stop.

Last figures I read were that it's estimated that less than 10% of the total drug traffic is intercepted by law enforcement. A state of virtual anarchy exists in northern Mexico today where drug cartels have better manpower, arms and financing than law enforcement does. The only people going to jail are mules and street dealers, and of course addicts.
post #169 of 4072
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantanamo View Post

Most of the distributors and manufacturers stay on the street and out of site.

"stay on the street and out of site" is a contradiction so I don't know what you're saying.

Quote:


Most arrested are smaller dealers(dealers aren't distributors) and small possession.

That's because a large majority of the people employed in the drug trade are smaller dealers so naturally those are the most common arrests and convictions. Arresting them sometimes lead to the distributors. The problem we have here is that the meth distributors spend very little time in the U.S. and just drive back to Mexico where it's safe if their underlings get arrested. It's very rare to catch them before they've left. They have a good system.

Quote:


The flow of drugs simply doesn't stop.

But the flow changes over the years which is interesting.
post #170 of 4072
Quote:
Originally Posted by scowl View Post

Here's an interesting parallel in Walter's life that someone else pointed out. When he was in a partnership with Schwartz in Gray Matter, Walt got upset because he felt that Schwartz was using his ideas and not giving him the credit for his brilliance. Walt naturally got pissed and walked away leaving untold amounts of cash.

Well, here we are again! Walter was in a partnership with Jesse which Walt walked away from. Now Jesse is profiting from Walter's brilliance. That damn Jesse is cranking out an inferior version of his trademark product and all he gets is some money thrown into his car at a stop light for doing nothing... like it's charity or something!

Walt (meaning Heisenberg) will not let this injustice happen twice in his life. I expect (and I didn't see the previews) Walt to go straight to Gus, apologize for that crap his junkie partner cooked up and offer to make some real Heisenberg meth, stuff so clear you could read through it. As long as he gets 100% credit, Walt would probably do it for free.


You called it. Heisenburg couldn't resist the new lab, the "imitation" Meth by Jessie, his cheating Wife's defiance and his huge EGO.

It kinda sad that no matter what these people give in to their weaknesses without any second thoughts or self-restraint.
post #171 of 4072
All of the major characters in this fantastic show are flawed is one way or another, and in some cases even in several ways. That is what makes them so interesting and why they provide such fertile ground for writers to keep making great episodes. I think this show could keep going on for years and years and still find the lives of these people utterly intriguing.

I expect Walt will win an Emmy again and would not be suprised if he owner of Pollos wins for best supporting actor. As his character has gained more importance in the plot his acting ability has likewise grown. The one character that has grown somewhat stale is Jesse. The writers should give him some better material. The scene last week when he kept calling his girl friends phone just to hear her voice on the answering machine was superbly written and acted. He needs something more like that to pop out of his rather wooden character.

BTW, I agree that this is among the very best shows on TV right now and possibly the best. For those who have not yet seen Treme on HBO, please, please give it a try. It has the same potential to be every bit as good as Breaking Bad.

fafner
post #172 of 4072
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiratesCove View Post

You called it. Heisenburg couldn't resist the new lab, the "imitation" Meth by Jessie, his cheating Wife's defiance and his huge EGO.

No, a smarter person on the Television Without Pity forum called it. I just passed it along here since it made so much sense.

Yep, Walter would not let some punk like Elliot/Jesse get rich from his ideas... again!
post #173 of 4072
Quote:
Originally Posted by fafner View Post

I expect Walt will win an Emmy again and would not be suprised if he owner of Pollos wins for best supporting actor. As his character has gained more importance in the plot his acting ability has likewise grown.

I agree that Giancarlo Esposito as Gus is a revelation. But I disagree that he's somehow become a "better" actor. He's had that same sense of calm, calculating and commanding power and menace from the very beginning. The scene where he finally comes out to Walt and tells him he's an amateur last season is one of the most chilling and memorable scenes in the whole series for me. This week he took a harder edge and stepped up his game in order to step up Walt's. He's one of the most fascinating small-screen villains around today, IMO.
post #174 of 4072
Looks to me like Jesse is setting himself up to take the fall for ALL of the blue meth, not just what he's making now. The previews look like the twins are back too.
post #175 of 4072
Stupid Skyler, Stupid female lawyer... I want to punch her in the face. Good for Walt.

Good Episode.
post #176 of 4072
Now "Breaking Bad" is a reason to HAVE a TV...Best episode of this season..the definition of tension in the RV. How can this one show have such a high level of directing, writing and acting? Can't wait for the next episode.
post #177 of 4072
Another fantastic episode. I was surprised Jesse and Walt stood there out in the open while the RV was being destroyed - Hank could have raced back out to the RV once he found out Marie was ok. Unless the hospital was pretty far away.
post #178 of 4072
Yep, another amazing episode. Dang, those two twins are menacing. Figured they would have to do something to get Hank away from the RV; this will drive him even more crazy trying to figure out who set him up. Should be an amazing scene when he finally confronts the twins. My guess is that's how he'll get his mojo back. Gus was great as usual.

Loved how Walt's new job looks like the ideal work situation. He even has a like-minded buddy to work with. But the guy is so too innocent to be real. I figure he's going to be one cold-blooded dude when Walt's contracted period of employment with Gus is up and Walt's taught the guy his recipe. Walt won't be needed anymore; then he becomes a loose end.
post #179 of 4072
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post

Loved how Walt's new job looks like the ideal work situation. He even has a like-minded buddy to work with.

Walt has a friend! Can you believe it?

Quote:


But the guy is so too innocent to be real. I figure he's going to be one cold-blooded dude when Walt's contracted period of employment with Gus is up and Walt's taught the guy his recipe. Walt won't be needed anymore; then he becomes a loose end.

My guess is that Gus is blackmailing the guy to work for him. He seemed a little too happy to see Walt and a little too enthusiastic about his new job, like cooking hundreds of pounds of meth was going to be a huge win for individual liberties.

Why did that agent radio for backup if he was already planning on putting himself in more danger before they arrived? Stay in the truck, fool!

I wonder what the old couple who in real life owned the RV thought about seeing their old vehicle being crushed. They had traveled all around the country in that thing.
post #180 of 4072
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post

Yep, another amazing episode. Dang, those two twins are menacing. Figured they would have to do something to get Hank away from the RV; this will drive him even more crazy trying to figure out who set him up. Should be an amazing scene when he finally confronts the twins. My guess is that's how he'll get his mojo back. Gus was great as usual.

Loved how Walt's new job looks like the ideal work situation. He even has a like-minded buddy to work with. But the guy is so too innocent to be real. I figure he's going to be one cold-blooded dude when Walt's contracted period of employment with Gus is up and Walt's taught the guy his recipe. Walt won't be needed anymore; then he becomes a loose end.

Walt is smart enough to be hiding some type of secret ingredient/process from the new chemist... or maybe not. I guess Walt has killed before if it comes down to that.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: HDTV Programming
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › Breaking Bad on AMCHD