or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › Breaking Bad on AMCHD
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Breaking Bad on AMCHD - Page 81

post #2401 of 4072
I've read that there's still some possibility of a spin-off for "Better Call Saul". That would be great.
post #2402 of 4072
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjames View Post

Gilligan did an hour on Charlie Rose yesterday. He seemed very confident that most people would be very satisfied with the ending. I think he wants to make a movie.

TV actors always want to make a movie after their series ends. Twice the payday for half the work.
post #2403 of 4072
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post

TV actors always want to make a movie after their series ends. Twice the payday for half the work.

Well then he had better start taking some acting lessons quick! He's a writer/producer. wink.gif
post #2404 of 4072
I watched a show on Sundance called the writers room or something like that. Things I didn't know about BB. It was suppose to originally be set in Riverside CA. It was moved to NM cause they got some kind of discount to film there, don't remember if it was tax breaks etc. The show was also turned down by HBO, Showtime, TNT and FX. Imagine this show on HBO, could of really pushed the boundaries.
post #2405 of 4072
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will2007 View Post

Well then he had better start taking some acting lessons quick! He's a writer/producer. wink.gif

Oops, I meant "showrunners". redface.gif But actors too, for that matter. The Kiefster keeps flogging the prospective '24' movie (although, come to think about it, he's both lead actor and producer on that one).
post #2406 of 4072
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaTaGuMp View Post

I watched a show on Sundance called the writers room or something like that. Things I didn't know about BB. It was suppose to originally be set in Riverside CA. It was moved to NM cause they got some kind of discount to film there, don't remember if it was tax breaks etc. The show was also turned down by HBO, Showtime, TNT and FX. Imagine this show on HBO, could of really pushed the boundaries.

I don't know if there were any remaining boundaries to be pushed. eek.gif Maybe a Skylar nude scene... wink.gif
post #2407 of 4072
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post

I don't know if there were any remaining boundaries to be pushed. eek.gif Maybe a Skylar nude scene... wink.gif

Could of easily been more graphic, the F word wouldn't of been edited, etc etc.
post #2408 of 4072
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post

I don't know if there were any remaining boundaries to be pushed. eek.gif Maybe a Skylar nude scene... wink.gif

As long as it wasn't season 4 Skyler.
post #2409 of 4072
Dean Norris wanted his character to be killed off before the final episodes..eek.gif ..glad he changed his mind

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv-movies/breaking-bad-actor-dean-norris-asked-killed-series-article-1.1414692
post #2410 of 4072
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxman48 View Post

Dean Norris wanted his character to be killed off before the final episodes...

Well, of course he did. He knew after reading the script that 'Under the Dome' was going to be the roll of a lifetime! After that, people were never going to remember his little gig on this inconsequential show.








Bwaaaahahahaha! tongue.gif
post #2411 of 4072
He's completely over the top in Dome, it has to be his role of a lifetime. Breaking Bad has nothing on that show.
post #2412 of 4072
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbiscuit View Post

He's completely over the top in Dome, it has to be his role of a lifetime. Breaking Bad has nothing on that show.

"Over the top" of the Dome. I see what you did there. wink.gif
post #2413 of 4072
Been rewatching the series and I never noticed before that there is only one bathroom in the White house, and it's located in the master bedroom. Really odd design. Junior must hate that.
post #2414 of 4072
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuzzin View Post

Been rewatching the series and I never noticed before that there is only one bathroom in the White house, and it's located in the master bedroom. Really odd design. Junior must hate that.

Must have been designed by Mike Brady.
post #2415 of 4072
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooked01 View Post

Does anyone know if Xfinitiy/Comcast is going to make the upcoming season's episodes available online or through its mobile App? I just checked and there are clips available but no past season's episodes.

http://www.tvshow7.eu/watch-breaking-bad-episodes-online/
post #2416 of 4072
BB is having an all day marathon next Sunday before the finale episodes start. It begins at 9:30am and goes all day. Its the season 5 first half.
post #2417 of 4072
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaTaGuMp View Post

BB is having an all day marathon next Sunday before the finale episodes start. It begins at 9:30am and goes all day. Its the season 5 first half.

Good to know...12:30 for those of us in the eastern time zone.
post #2418 of 4072
Netflix has all 5 seasons available right now if you can't wait for the marathon. I'm in the process of watching the entire show in anticipation for the aug 11 kickoff.
post #2419 of 4072
I wore my new BB t-shirt 2 times so far. I have been getting many compliments.
post #2420 of 4072
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaTaGuMp View Post

I wore my new BB t-shirt 2 times so far. I have been getting many compliments.

Ha ha. At this very moment I'm wearing my black WW(Heisenberg's Face)D? t-shirt.

This isn't quite it, but it's close enough.

post #2421 of 4072
I bought this one, I dunno yet if I like the attention its getting or will end up hating it.


post #2422 of 4072
Don't think I've been as pumped about a coming TV season, or half season, since BSG was ramping up to its endgame. Let's face it - this is going to be awesome.
post #2423 of 4072
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post

Don't think I've been as pumped about a coming TV season, or half season, since BSG was ramping up to its endgame. Let's face it - this is going to be awesome.

Yep. I've never watched any of his other shows, but Vince Gilligan has never failed to deliver on this series. I believe he will do it justice and deliver a very satisfying conclusion for the legions of fans of this (insert favorite superlative here) show.
post #2424 of 4072
There is a terrific Grantland piece up about the Breaking Bad final season. It was written by the estimable Andy Greenwald. It contains no spoilers.
post #2425 of 4072
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

There is a terrific Grantland piece up about the Breaking Bad final season. It was written by the estimable Andy Greenwald. It contains no spoilers.

Thank you for that post and link. It is a terrific piece, and Greenwald is a terrific writer. I'm stoked for Sunday.
post #2426 of 4072
"Honest Trailer" for Breaking Bad
post #2427 of 4072
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post

Oops, I meant "showrunners". redface.gif But actors too, for that matter. The Kiefster keeps flogging the prospective '24' movie (although, come to think about it, he's both lead actor and producer on that one).

I heard the movie was scrubbed in place of a mini-series in 2014.
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post

Don't think I've been as pumped about a coming TV season, or half season, since BSG was ramping up to its endgame. Let's face it - this is going to be awesome.

^This! I can't wait!
post #2428 of 4072
Everything I've read points to a great season opener. NY Post gave it 4 Stars, Newsday gave it an A+.. can't wait..eek.gif

Top 5 greatest moments on Breaking Bad:

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv-movies/breaking-bad-top-greatest-moments-article-1.1422600
Edited by taxman48 - 8/9/13 at 4:07pm
post #2429 of 4072
I know; it's been nothing but gushing accolades from the Criticorzzi who have been fortunate to see the first one. When everybody agrees, there's generally a meta-approval that can be derived from the aggregate. It's simply logical, Captain.

But really, did any of us expect these guys would fail to deliver when the chips were really on the line? Pshaw.

All those Emmy's are yesterday's news; what have you got for me now?
post #2430 of 4072
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxman48 View Post

Everything I've read points to a great season opener. NY Post gave it 4 Stars, Newsday gave it an A+.. can't wait..eek.gif

Top 5 greatest moments on Breaking Bad:

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv-movies/breaking-bad-top-greatest-moments-article-1.1422600

I have been rewatching Season 4 on the AMC marathon and have been blown away. It took a second look to show me just how brilliant it was. I really have my game face on for the series ending last eight episodes and am looking forward almost as much to seeing the rest of the marathon. .
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: HDTV Programming
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › Breaking Bad on AMCHD