or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › Does anyone use a monoprice wall mount?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Does anyone use a monoprice wall mount? - Page 5

post #121 of 359
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie501 View Post

What are the dimensions of the opening in your furniture? How far from the bottom and sides are the junction boxes? Do you want the TV centered in the space?

From post #103 (pics), 104, etc...

Measurements:
Depth: ~15.5"
Height: 29" (external), 32" internal
Width: 46" (external), ~47" internal
Elec/Cable outlet boxes:
- bottom to bottom: ~14.5"
- top to top: ~12.8"
- inside to inside (distance apart): 9.5"

Studs
(from an email from my carpenter...)
"..there looks to be a stud either side of the 2 upper outlet boxes - left of left one & right of right box."

eddie501 or other thoughts?
TV should arrive tomorrow from Amazon.

Mike
post #122 of 359
I do think a wall mount would make everything look real slick in your cabinet, but you may be hard pressed to fit the 3725 in there. I don't know where the mounting holes on your display are, but if you were able to mount the wall plate flush with underside of the outlets the bracket holes will extend up at most about 9 inches above the top edge of the wall plate. You'll have to determine thru your display's measurements if by using the top hole on the mounting brackets the bottom of the display will make it into the cupboard. If you're having trouble with coordinating all the measurements, take a piece of cardboard and make a template of the back of your new display when it arrives tomorrow and see where the mounting bracket would have to go to hold it in the correct position. You of course could leave it extended and hanging out of the cupboard. Not very asthetically pleasing IMHO. The best bet at this point, barring repositioning of the outlets, is probably to use the display's pedestal.
post #123 of 359
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrovirus View Post

I do think a wall mount would make everything look real slick in your cabinet, but you may be hard pressed to fit the 3725 in there. I don't know where the mounting holes on your display are, but if you were able to mount the wall plate flush with underside of the outlets the bracket holes will extend up at most about 9 inches above the top edge of the wall plate. You'll have to determine thru your display's measurements if by using the top hole on the mounting brackets the bottom of the display will make it into the cupboard. If you're having trouble with coordinating all the measurements, take a piece of cardboard and make a template of the back of your new display when it arrives tomorrow and see where the mounting bracket would have to go to hold it in the correct position. You of course could leave it extended and hanging out of the cupboard. Not very asthetically pleasing IMHO. The best bet at this point, barring repositioning of the outlets, is probably to use the display's pedestal.

I may try just using pedestal and if it works and looks good - done.
If not your cardboard cutout idea is simple and brilliant.
Thanks.

Mike
post #124 of 359
Astrovirus...thank you very much for the information.
post #125 of 359
I agree with Astrovirus. Try the stand first, if that doesn't work try the cardboard cut out. Good luck.
post #126 of 359
I'm a happy monoprice mount user. I got the tilting wall mount for my 42" Panny plasma. Mounting was easy with common tools and the mount itself is solid as a rock. I still can't believe it was $25. We all know what BB charges for wall mounts and installation.
post #127 of 359
I'm amazed at the FACT that everyone seems OK with the FACT the monoprice mounts are NOT and HAVE NOT BEEN TESTED!
Would any of you drive a car that was not tested first and certified to be SAFE? Buy anything electrical that was not tested UL? Mount manufactures, "real" one anyway, ALL of them have UL listings for each wall mount they make. These "bargain" mounts out there are NOT!

A wall mount company that cannot verify their mounts that have to hold an expensive TV on the wall above where someone, maybe a child, MIGHT be under it or hang on it and not know FOR SURE that the mount is DESIGNED and MADE with all the correct metals and parts to provide it's intended use.

Why do you think UL exists in the first place,,, TESTING products to make sure they are SAFE!!!!

I'm just not that trusting of "cheap" stuff without testing that I could verify, especially when it comes to possible failure and damages... Just My Opinion.

Ask monoprice about this,,, really,,,, hold them accountable for what they "claim" is the weight rating. What are their liability plans if something fails. Do you think you'll get anywhere with the actual manufacture overseas instead? Good LUCK!

Happy New Year!
post #128 of 359
Quote:
Originally Posted by avnuttyguy View Post

I'm amazed at the FACT that everyone seems OK with the FACT the monoprice mounts are NOT and HAVE NOT BEEN TESTED!
Would any of you drive a car that was not tested first and certified to be SAFE? Buy anything electrical that was not tested UL? Mount manufactures, "real" one anyway, ALL of them have UL listings for each wall mount they make. These "bargain" mounts out there are NOT!

A wall mount company that cannot verify their mounts that have to hold an expensive TV on the wall above where someone, maybe a child, MIGHT be under it or hang on it and not know FOR SURE that the mount is DESIGNED and MADE with all the correct metals and parts to provide it's intended use.

Why do you think UL exists in the first place,,, TESTING products to make sure they are SAFE!!!!

I'm just not that trusting of "cheap" stuff without testing that I could verify, especially when it comes to possible failure and damages... Just My Opinion.

Ask monoprice about this,,, really,,,, hold them accountable for what they "claim" is the weight rating. What are their liability plans if something fails. Do you think you'll get anywhere with the actual manufacture overseas instead? Good LUCK!

Happy New Year!

How many times are you going to post the same thought phrased differently? I think we get your point.
post #129 of 359
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie501 View Post

How many times are you going to post the same thought phrased differently? I think we get your point.

Thanks eddie for your reply, very intuitive!

Do you have anything to add to this post that has anything valuable as to monoprice steping up to the plate here, they are getting allot of free advertising here and not, at least in my opinion deserve it with out being responsible for their claims, yet folks like yourself seem OK with promoting a company to sell products that MAY not be safe.

Good luck to you eddie! Happy New Year!
post #130 of 359
Quote:
Originally Posted by avnuttyguy View Post

Thanks eddie for your reply, very intuitive!

Do you have anything to add to this post that has anything valuable as to monoprice steping up to the plate here, they are getting allot of free advertising here and not, at least in my opinion deserve it with out being responsible for their claims, yet folks like yourself seem OK with promoting a company to sell products that MAY not be safe.

Good luck to you eddie! Happy New Year!

I am not sure how you can claim that Monoprice does not deserve the 'free advertising'. They sell quality products at great prices and have thrived through word of mouth marketing and good service. I have personally purchased HDMI cable, in-ceiling speakers, and a flat panel mount from Monoprice and have been happy with all of the products while saving hundreds of dollars over other options.

I am not sure whether Monoprice tests their mounts and I have no plans to pursue the issue further. I understand your view on the issue and I think the others do too. I guess we all just have varying degrees of risk tolerance and some of us are willing to try a mount that has not been through the UL licensing process.

Best of luck to you too...and have a Happy New Year.
post #131 of 359
I'm very happy with the quality of my monoprice mount. For less than $50 bucks it was well worth it. I used the 4174 on my Pio 5080 and it worked great.
post #132 of 359
If this mount was not of high quality there’s no way I would put my plasma (Panny 58PZ800U) on it.
It’s been rock sold for the last 6 weeks. So far everything I bought from Monoprice has worked great.

post #133 of 359
Is there any insurance with their mounts? I know like Rhino Mounts insure their mount for 10k incase something happens.
post #134 of 359
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteG View Post

If this mount was not of high quality there's no way I would put my plasma (Panny 58PZ800U) on it.
It's been rock sold for the last 6 weeks. So far everything I bought from Monoprice has worked great.


Yeah! 6 weeks! No problems! What's that in dog years? Good luck in your "faith" in a not tested and non-rated product, with absolutely NO INSURANCE except all the monoprice people that are advertising for them,,, maybe they will pay for any failure of a mount. Try and get it in writing.... oh, actually it is here in this forum. Good luck on collecting any claim though.

Ok, that was totally made up and in JEST, but really folks, why "trust" such an important product claim just to save a few bucks? Really? is it worth it?

I'm being put down for reclaiming this concern, it's not against monoprice, really, I bought my HDMI cable from them, but any company not providing an industry standard of a rated, tested product and under cutting the price so much because they are not compliant to testing is a big concern as a consumer should be aware of.

Really glad to hear the monoprice mounts are not failing after 6 weeks, really,,, I hope to have my Sanus mount hold my $2000+ TV for allot longer, and I have a tested product to give me that assurance, obviously all the monoprice folks trust in the low price leader to that assurance, just not me.
post #135 of 359
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImRonMexico View Post

Is there any insurance with their mounts? I know like Rhino Mounts insure their mount for 10k incase something happens.

I asked monoprice, NO,,,, NO insurance, other than 30 days return/refund... thats does me no good if it fails and my TV falls to the floor and is busted or worse falls on someone by chance.

But you know,,, all the "promoter's" for monoprice mounts say you'll be fine,,, maybe they know more than monoprice has told me.

Do any of the monoprice wall mount owners have any assurance from monoprice in writing?

I'm all for saving money, really! just having a product like a wall mount is not in my opinion, a savings worth having without any insurance/assurance.
post #136 of 359
Do you perhaps work for Sanus ? If you do let me know I could do with a discount
post #137 of 359
Even better perhaps you could direct us to the appropriate link on the Sanus page where they detail the insurance amount one can claim in the event the mount fails and your TV is damaged. That would be most helpful.
post #138 of 359
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by avnuttyguy View Post

I asked monoprice, NO,,,, NO insurance, other than 30 days return/refund... thats does me no good if it fails and my TV falls to the floor and is busted or worse falls on someone by chance.

But you know,,, all the "promoter's" for monoprice mounts say you'll be fine,,, maybe they know more than monoprice has told me.

Do any of the monoprice wall mount owners have any assurance from monoprice in writing?

I'm all for saving money, really! just having a product like a wall mount is not in my opinion, a savings worth having without any insurance/assurance.

I'm just curious, but what exactly do you think is going to go wrong with these mounts? Are the welds going to spontaneously disintegrate? Do you expect all the screws to break? Do you expect the metal to suddenly fail? I mean, what is it exactly that you expect to go wrong with something you've never even seen in person before? And I'm not trying to pick a fight with you, but am genuinely interested to know why you think a mount from monoprice won't hold your TV on the wall. And as far as UL testing goes, in my experience, I've seen plenty of UL tested products being used properly burn peoples' houses down. I don't exactly put a lot of faith into anything just because UL tested it, but your opinion may differ.
post #139 of 359
I used a tilt mount for a 130# Panasonic. Very satisfied with stability.
post #140 of 359
Quote:
Originally Posted by avnuttyguy View Post

I asked monoprice, NO,,,, NO insurance, other than 30 days return/refund... thats does me no good if it fails and my TV falls to the floor and is busted or worse falls on someone by chance.

But you know,,, all the "promoter's" for monoprice mounts say you'll be fine,,, maybe they know more than monoprice has told me.

Do any of the monoprice wall mount owners have any assurance from monoprice in writing?

I'm all for saving money, really! just having a product like a wall mount is not in my opinion, a savings worth having without any insurance/assurance.

Just curious.... do OTHER brands give you insurance? I doubt they would. There are too many people out there that DON'T know how to properly install their wall-mount, and the companies know this. They aren't going to offer insurance to people that don't know that they are doing.

That is like offering life insurance to someone right before they decide to play russian roulette.

You say you are afraid that it is going to fail, but if it did, then where are all the threads about people's TV's just randomly falling off the wall? You would think that SOMEONE would have had their mount fail by now.
post #141 of 359
Rhino Mount offers 100k insurance
post #142 of 359
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeelo58 View Post

You say you are afraid that it is going to fail, but if it did, then where are all the threads about people's TV's just randomly falling off the wall? You would think that SOMEONE would have had their mount fail by now.

You bring up a good point. I haven't seen anyone post anywhere that their monoprice mount failed. If there are posts are out there I hope someone can post links because I would love to see these for myself.
post #143 of 359
I've had my 42" panny on an $18 monoprice tilting mount for a couple of years now. I don't see how this mount can "fail". One might want to use better lags than the ones that are provided, but I didn't.

It's plenty solid. This weekend I'll be mounting my new 130 pound panny on a bigger monoprice mount and I'll sleep well at night. The wall would fail before this mount in my opinion.

Just my 2 cents based on my impression of the mount's quality and construction.
post #144 of 359
Well at least I did predict all the monoprice folks would be digging on me for my comments.

So, here it is.... I HAVE NOT STATED ANYWHERE THE MONOPRICE MOUNTS ARE BAD, WILL FAIL OR HAVE FAILED. READ ALL MY POSTS AGAIN. I BOUGHT AN HDMI CABLE FROM THEM, THEY OFFER GOOD VALUE FOR AV ACCESSORIES, I'M NOT KNOCKING MP FOR THE LOW PRICES... OK GOT IT??

Now, the reason for my CONCERN,,,, not claim,,,,, CONCERN is they are making claims for weight holding, and for who knows they may really be constructed to hold the claims,,,, I asked them for their testing data to back it up, such as a UL or CSA or ETL test report. Monoprice doesn't have anything to show any testing done, all SPECULATION!!!!


I'll say it again SPECULATION on behalf of monoprice mounts. fireman325 asked about the monoprice mounts in creating this thread, I didn't start the question.

All I'm saying is BUYER BEWARE since it appears many are so concerned about if they work with a particular TV weight size all the concerns anyone, including myself when I was making a purchase.

I DO NOT WORK FOR SANUS, NO DIFFERENT THAN PROBABLY MOST OF YOU REPLYING DON'T WORK FOR MONOPRICE, ALTHOUGH I SUSPECT MONOPRICE IS MONITORING AND POSTING DAMAGE CONTROL HERE.

CALL MONOPRICE AND ASK THEM HOW THEY KNOW AND CAN FOR CERTAIN CLAIM THE WEIGHT AND MATERIAL CONSTRUCTION. ALL OTHER "REAL" MOUNT MANUFACTURES HAVE THAT DATA... MP DOES NOT, AT LEAST WHEN I ASKED, MAYBE THEY ARE SCRAMBLING TO GET SOME.

I'M NOT THE BAD GUY HERE, I'M STATING FACTS BASED ON THERE IS NO TESTING DATA AVAILABLE ON THE MP MOUNTS.. OK ENOUGH OF RAMMING ME FOR SAYING MP IS BAD AND WILL FAIL... I HAVE NOT SAID THAT.


GOOD DAY TO ALL!
post #145 of 359
Hi, I've just put the 3610 low profile up on my wall, the tv is not up yet.

I decided to use these holes since they were 16" on center, but does anyone think using them would be a problem instead of using the mounting holes that are 1" closer to the edge? Please see attachment.

I'm using the provided lag bolts, 4 in total on two studs and a 50" 84# Panny will be hung on it.
LL
post #146 of 359
I'd like to stay on topic please. I bought a Monoprice mount and I don't want to hear ridiculous speculations that for some reason my mount will fall apart and my TV will be destroyed. Gimme a break!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteG View Post

If this mount was not of high quality there's no way I would put my plasma (Panny 58PZ800U) on it.
It's been rock sold for the last 6 weeks. So far everything I bought from Monoprice has worked great.


PeteG, which model is that? 3725? I'm planning to mount my 58PZ800U in the coming week on a 3725. What lag bolts did you use? I was thinking 1/2" thick but wasn't sure what length to get.
post #147 of 359
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfx View Post

Hi, I've just put the 3610 low profile up on my wall, the tv is not up yet.

I decided to use these holes since they were 16" on center, but does anyone think using them would be a problem instead of using the mounting holes that are 1" closer to the edge? Please see attachment.

I'm using the provided lag bolts, 4 in total on two studs and a 50" 84# Panny will be hung on it.

This is just my opinion (and nothing more) but I don't see why there would be any problem with using those holes if they are big enough for your lag bolts.
post #148 of 359
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by avnuttyguy View Post

Now, the reason for my CONCERN,,,, not claim,,,,, CONCERN is they are making claims for weight holding, and for who knows they may really be constructed to hold the claims,,,, I asked them for their testing data to back it up, such as a UL or CSA or ETL test report. Monoprice doesn't have anything to show any testing done, all SPECULATION!!!!


I'll say it again SPECULATION on behalf of monoprice mounts. fireman325 asked about the monoprice mounts in creating this thread, I didn't start the question.

And I do appreciate your concerns, and even shared them myself when I started this thread. But so far, I have been able to find no reason whatsoever to justify them. That was the reason for this thread to begin with. I wanted to hear from people with actual experience with mounts from monoprice, both good and bad, but so far noone has posted with anything bad.
post #149 of 359
Quote:
Originally Posted by daMaster View Post

I'd like to stay on topic please. I bought a Monoprice mount and I don't want to hear ridiculous speculations that for some reason my mount will fall apart and my TV will be destroyed. Gimme a break!


PeteG, which model is that? 3725? I'm planning to mount my 58PZ800U in the coming week on a 3725. What lag bolts did you use? I was thinking 1/2" thick but wasn't sure what length to get.

My mount is 3724 (all steel), I picked up 4 lag bolts and bigger washers. Just make sure to predrill the stud dead center.
post #150 of 359
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteG View Post

My mount is 3724 (all steel), I picked up 4 lag bolts and bigger washers. Just make sure to predrill the stud dead center.

4" long 1/2" thick?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Plasma Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › Does anyone use a monoprice wall mount?