or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › Blu-ray Software › The Matrix 10th anniversery edition..
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Matrix 10th anniversery edition.. - Page 4

post #91 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian-HD View Post

I got my copy.

Care to elaborate on how you did that?
post #92 of 117
A store broke street date. Not uncommon. Especially only a week. I used to get stuff up to 3 weeks early...
post #93 of 117
I wish Amazon.com would do that.
post #94 of 117
Picked it up this afternoon. Looks like the same encode (with a hard ceiling at 27 Mb/s), but with the TrueHD soundtrack.
post #95 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hanky View Post

Picked it up this afternoon. Looks like the same encode (with a hard ceiling at 27 Mb/s), but with the TrueHD soundtrack.

What were you expecting from these lazy brothers at Warner?
post #96 of 117
Certainly, I wasn't surprised- just would have been nice if a miracle slipped through.

I got the lossless audio, so that's pretty much all I can expect and call it a day on waiting for a proper Matrix in HD production (in this decade).

I checked out the scene with Trinity and background of a zillion shards of glass (from the building that just got punched by the helicopter) and it's pretty much what I suspected (it's a shame nobody ever posted this pic when we were all discussing if the original vc-1 encode was doing justice to the material). There's pretty much no way to argue that this scene (at least) could not have used every last megabit of bandwidth that br could have mustered.
post #97 of 117
I watched this this weekend and was very pleased with the overall presentation.

However, the scenes where the pumped-up green hue is most evident had a very distracting side effect- it made many of the actors' lips appear orange.

I have seen this film many times and have never been so jarringly taken out of the moment as when this anomaly pops up. Has anyone else noticed this?

Jimmy
post #98 of 117
Originally, The Matrix had a bit of a blue tint to it but when they went back for the second DVD release of the film, they changed it to a green tint to match the second and third movies - and this release uses the same encode that's used in The Ultimate Matrix set on both HD and Blu-ray. I didn't notice the orange lips like you've did but I'm not doubting you either as I've only watched it once on Blu-ray so far.
post #99 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deviation View Post

Originally, The Matrix had a bit of a blue tint to it but when they went back for the second DVD release of the film, they changed it to a green tint to match the second and third movies -

Scenes inside the Matrix have always been green. They're just a heavier shade of green now than they were originally. Those scenes were never blue.
post #100 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post

Scenes inside the Matrix have always been green. They're just a heavier shade of green now than they were originally. Those scenes were never blue.

Yupp!
Matrix scenes = Green
Real World scenes = Blue
post #101 of 117
I'm going to wait for a price drop on this...under $15
post #102 of 117
Can anybody with both Ultimate and 10th compare?
post #103 of 117
The disc is without-a-doubt the exact same as the Ultimate disc. That's what WB and most studios do. There was a time-gap between these releases, but it's just like when WB released the Dirty Harry Ultimate Collection and the 1st Dirty Harry film separately - both DH discs were identical, and there's no reason for them not to be.
post #104 of 117
Can someone explain how to hear the audio for the "in-movie experience" clips? I have a Sony BDP-S350. When I turn on the "in-movie experience" I see the picture-in-picture, but no audio.

Thanks.
post #105 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by TayC View Post

I wish Amazon.com would do that.

If the studios find a store breaks street date, they will simply withhold future shipments until after the street date.

Since Amazon wouldn't want to be in the situation where they can't even ship titles until they're already in other stores, you can see why they honor street dates.
post #106 of 117
Having an issue with a Samsung BD-P1500 firmware 2.4 and Matrix 10th anniversary where it seems impossible to turn off the In Movie Experience. Attempting to toggle the IME on then off does not resolve
post #107 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Glaeske View Post

Can someone explain how to hear the audio for the "in-movie experience" clips? I have a Sony BDP-S350. When I turn on the "in-movie experience" I see the picture-in-picture, but no audio.

Thanks.

Do you have the audio output mode on the 350 set to Direct? If so, you will have to set it back to Mix to get PiP audio, though this means you might not get Dolby TrueHD for main audio, just plain Dolby Digital only.
post #108 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcdemski View Post

Having an issue with a Samsung BD-P1500 firmware 2.4 and Matrix 10th anniversary where it seems impossible to turn off the In Movie Experience. Attempting to toggle the IME on then off does not resolve

I've got the same problem with a BDP2500. With the 090419..._XXA firmware, you can't turn off the commentary. In addition, the only way to get Dolby HD is to go to Bitstream (audiophile), but if you do that, you can't hear the audio commentary! (Also having an issue with Netflix playback when the unit is set for 24fps, but that's a separate issue for another thread.) Sent a note to Samsung technical support detailing all this and haven't gotten a reply yet.
post #109 of 117
Is this confirmed as the same encode as the boxset disc ?
post #110 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by bc0203 View Post

I've got the same problem with a BDP2500. With the 090419..._XXA firmware, you can't turn off the commentary. In addition, the only way to get Dolby HD is to go to Bitstream (audiophile), but if you do that, you can't hear the audio commentary! (Also having an issue with Netflix playback when the unit is set for 24fps, but that's a separate issue for another thread.) Sent a note to Samsung technical support detailing all this and haven't gotten a reply yet.

Let me add that I have the same issue with my BDP-2500.
post #111 of 117
While movie stopped. Enter Menu for blu-ray player. Changed audio setting from bitstream to PCM to hear commentary of "In Movie Experience". Maybe this will help those where commentary is always on or switch to bitstream audiophile for no commentary.
post #112 of 117
Hmmm.. The original version of The Matrix had a green tint inside the matrix, and a blue tint in the real world. It also had a horrible brown tint in the blacks that I didn't like. The Ultimate version had an even greener tint, and the blacks were true black. (no brown)

As for Neo.. well he does have electronic implants.. so Cyborg is the correct definition.. but that would apply to all of the humans anyway. So it does not actually help with his abilities. His abilities would appear to be miraculous if you ask me.
post #113 of 117
If anyone here just wants The Matrix in a standard Blu-Ray case (no digibook or slim case), you are in luck.

Also for Samsung Blu-Ray player owners, to get the IME to turn off you need to turn it on (even though it's already on) then turn it off.
post #114 of 117
Other than the one you have, where can we buy it? This is the reason I've never bought the movie...I can't stand digibooks.
post #115 of 117
Can't buy it in stores, gotta find someone who was in the R2B program and got the replacement disc. Anyway I just put my copy up on ebay...
post #116 of 117
'Tis a pity they re-timed the color of The Matrix. I vastly prefer the old look (if they could re-level the blacks).
post #117 of 117
The original look would be nice for those who don't care about the sequels, like me.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Blu-ray Software
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › Blu-ray Software › The Matrix 10th anniversery edition..