or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers › "YOUR" subwoofer picture thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

"YOUR" subwoofer picture thread - Page 7

post #181 of 2536
(one of) Mine..

post #182 of 2536
My Hsu Uls-15 Quad Drive.

(iPhone pics )



LL
LL
LL
post #183 of 2536
This is my humble plus/2.
LL
post #184 of 2536
post #185 of 2536
Quote:
Originally Posted by bori View Post

Dual 3.3Turbos and Dual MBM-12

Why did you plug your MBM's?

Bill
post #186 of 2536
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsoko2 View Post

Why did you plug your MBM's?

Bill

I plug my MBMs when they are not in use. Reason being I have a two year old son that would decide to use it as a toy storage.
post #187 of 2536
My lone Fathom F113 Hopefully by next year they'll be two

DJoel
post #188 of 2536
Quote:
Originally Posted by bori View Post

I plug my MBMs when they are not in use. Reason being I have a two year old son that would decide to use it as a toy storage.


You think thats bad, I have to hide my subs behind the couches because I have a little mutt that likes to piss on things.
post #189 of 2536
"Better" pics:


Nearfield (computer system) subwoofer/cat scratching post.
Driver: JBL W15GTi Mk. II
Amp: Crown XTi2000
Cabinet: Hastily thrown together by yours truly. But the cat likes it just fine, and stays out of the cashmere now.


Main sub
Driver: Exodus Audio Maelstrom-X
Amp: Crown XTi2000
Cabinet: eD bespoke
(Mains are 12" Dual Concentrics out of a trio of Tannoy System 12 DMT II midfield monitors, in bespoke cabinets)
The Auralex thingy did nothing when it was under the sub, so it sits on top of the sub and serves a useful role as a kitty toy.

Second sub:

M-Design Audio Eleganza Bella (Aura NS12-794-8A drive-unit)

Third sub:
post #190 of 2536
Quote:
Originally Posted by ribbit View Post

i never noticed til you mentioned it

but it's not how the driver was mounted, more like the cone.



you won't notice when the bass hits.

surprisingly though, i now have all the grills on. guess i've seen enough

Mike, WTH? Do you hire out for demolitions with this set up? Are you attempting to alter some of your load bearing walls? That must sound terrifingly awesome.
post #191 of 2536
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowmanick View Post

Well I am super jealous of many of the setups people are posting here. At some point I would like to swap out my PB12 Plus and MFW-15 for a pair of PB-13 Ultra's but in the interim:

MFW-15 and PB12 Plus side by side


Driver size comparison


In their normal locations, one on each side of the coach as end tables

Which sub do you like better, the SVS or the MFW?
post #192 of 2536
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus330I View Post

Which sub do you like better, the SVS or the MFW?

Well, It's a tough one, but I like the MFW more.

Regards,
post #193 of 2536
Just another shot of the quad Tumults.

post #194 of 2536
My F112, being complimented by a DIY TC-2000... My own personal Gotham Hybrid.... !!!
post #195 of 2536
Here are my two setups:

The family room with an SB12+ and 5 Gallo Nucleus Micros.

The media room with a PB10-ISD, Gallo M1 Passive Subwoofer, 3 x Gallo A'diva Tis, and 6 x Gallo Nucelus Micro Tis.
LL
LL
post #196 of 2536
post #197 of 2536
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patdeisa View Post

Here are my two setups:

The family room with an SB12+ and 5 Gallo Nucleus Micros.

The media room with a PB10-ISD, Gallo M1 Passive Subwoofer, 3 x Gallo A'diva Tis, and 6 x Gallo Nucelus Micro Tis.

I've always wonder how those Gallo sounds compared to other bookshelves. I know this is a sub-pic thread and I need to post my a5-350 but I just was wondering the sound they produce.
post #198 of 2536
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristazio View Post

Mike, WTH? Do you hire out for demolitions with this set up? Are you attempting to alter some of your load bearing walls? That must sound terrifingly awesome.

i've moved two of those to my other HT

and then the 4 i have in this one are now underutilized. Incredible Hulk did me in ... woke my kid up in the next room - now my wife has a volume cap on me.

i'll move the subs closer to the listening position but that will have to wait til i get some sealed subs to do the midbass up front.
post #199 of 2536
A shot of my SVS PC-Ultra13 before the screen went up. The other speakers are Monitor Audio RS6's and an RSLCR. The cylinder sub fit perfectly behind my screen wall and had the power I wanted.

Better heard and not seen, I say...


post #200 of 2536
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmike86 View Post

^ you play all 3 at once?^


Hell yeah!
post #201 of 2536
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBMAN View Post

lvisneau,
Is that "Chuky" the doll in your theater room?

PoolRat,
I think you need to move your center speaker forward on the TV IMO to reduce defraction distortion....nice setups you guys!

yup, thats chucky, I also have the "bride of chucky on the other side.
post #202 of 2536
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvisneau View Post

Hell yeah!

Do they blend in pretty well or can you tell them apart easily?
post #203 of 2536
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnocchi View Post

M&K V-125 SUB



Nice COSTCO table I have the same one..!
post #204 of 2536
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder-rush View Post

Nice COSTCO table I have the same one..!

Yeah Costco. Thanks for the paycheck.
post #205 of 2536
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmike86 View Post

Do they blend in pretty well or can you tell them apart easily?

they blend perfectly, the hsu and svs just add more db's. I had the menu of the blu ray hulk playing yesterday and checked w/ my sound meter. w/ the 3808 on -14 i got a 107 in the far left rear w/ just the sono. then turned on the other 2 and got a 113-114. when i first set them up i expected it not to work, but have been very happy that i did.
post #206 of 2536
Quote:
Originally Posted by croseiv View Post


Do you move the banzai tree when you play the subs?
post #207 of 2536
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Ballentine View Post

I wish SVS would mount their woofers so that the SVS logo printed on the cone was straight. Does this bother anybody else?

Yes! I've noticed it for quite some time - Ultra pictures with the "SVS" all crooked. Makes me glad my Castle has no writing on the cone. Unfortunately, I'm anal about that kind of thing and it would drive me insane.
post #208 of 2536
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamis View Post

A shot of my SVS PC-Ultra13 before the screen went up. The other speakers are Monitor Audio RS6's and an RSLCR. The cylinder sub fit perfectly behind my screen wall and had the power I wanted.

Better heard and not seen, I say...



Very nice! How about a second Ultra next to the left speaker so the room is all balanced out . You might not see the lopsidedness when you're watching a movie, but deep down, you know it's not symmetrical . Can't think of a better excuse for Ultra #2.
post #209 of 2536
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvisneau View Post

they blend perfectly, the hsu and svs just add more db's. I had the menu of the blu ray hulk playing yesterday and checked w/ my sound meter. w/ the 3808 on -14 i got a 107 in the far left rear w/ just the sono. then turned on the other 2 and got a 113-114. when i first set them up i expected it not to work, but have been very happy that i did.

Good to hear. Most ppl don't think mixing subs works. .. It works well for me also. Otherwise I (we) wouldn't do it
post #210 of 2536
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmike86 View Post

Good to hear. Most ppl don't think mixing subs works. .. It works well for me also. Otherwise I (we) wouldn't do it

yeah, well I'm sure our neighbors would love to chime in. Mine probably think they live near the airport!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers › "YOUR" subwoofer picture thread