or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers › "YOUR" subwoofer picture thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

"YOUR" subwoofer picture thread - Page 73

post #2161 of 2536
I have four of these drivers (15" Dayton DVC 385-88):


In four sealed boxes that look like this (Ack sub on the left):


Here is a pair of them in the front of the room (another pair in the rear) with an Hsu VTF-15H in the upper right corner (will be putting that sub up for sale soon):


Here is a DIY Ack sub vs a PA-150:


Here is the DIY Ack sub vs the Hsu VTF-15H:


The four DIY Ack subs kick ass and take names. I am measuring anywhere from 5-7db improvement in the LP vs the VTF-15H in the 15-80hz range, and with four subs vs one I am getting much smoother response in the room across all seating positions. Thanks to Christmas sales, I was able to build all four and power them with a Behringer iNuke3K DSP for under $1K.

I am contemplating adding two more Ack subs in the room if I can get WAF approval...
post #2162 of 2536
Quote:
Originally Posted by edoggrc51 View Post

Says the man with the 12in subs. rolleyes.gif

Just biding my time, until I hit the Powerball and the Mega Millions jackpots. biggrin.gif
post #2163 of 2536
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat4843 View Post

I bet 4 of these will beat 4 of yours. biggrin.gif
Actually I think they probably would be pretty similar in low frequency extension. The link is not working, but if it is what I think your are linking to.

But, you have to realize that there is always something out there better, so I don't see the need for the competitive remarks.
post #2164 of 2536
The link was for the JTR S2 subs.
post #2165 of 2536
Quote:
Originally Posted by JapanDave View Post

But, you have to realize that there is always something out there better
Not compared to your subwoofer system Dave! cool.gif
post #2166 of 2536
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pain Infliction View Post

The link was for the JTR S2 subs.
OK, then they probably would, but still there are much more powerful subs out there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by edoggrc51 View Post

Not compared to your subwoofer system Dave! cool.gif
Thanks, I am humbled. smile.gif
post #2167 of 2536
I wish Japan was right down the street because I would love to hear your setup.
post #2168 of 2536
Quote:
Originally Posted by ack_bk View Post

Thanks to Christmas sales, I was able to build all four and power them with a Behringer iNuke3K DSP for under $1K.

That is an awesome cost:product ratio !!
post #2169 of 2536
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pain Infliction View Post

I wish Japan was right down the street because I would love to hear your setup.

I could turn it up for you? tongue.gif:p:p
post #2170 of 2536
haha
post #2171 of 2536
Quote:
Originally Posted by JapanDave View Post

I could turn it up for you? tongue.gif:p:p

Godzilla is back, Tokyo would sink!
post #2172 of 2536
Less Chat more Subs!
post #2173 of 2536
Quote:
Originally Posted by hybridfive View Post

Less Chat more Subs!

Just got my SVS PC12-PLUS today....

post #2174 of 2536
Gotta love the foot print of that thing. nice.
post #2175 of 2536
post #2176 of 2536
post #2177 of 2536
Those who have yet to explore DIY, I highly highly recommend it.

Here is a preview of my current front stage. 8 Stereo Integrity 18's:



Still working on my rear "stage" which consist of another 8 18's. Check out my build thread in sig for more pics and progress.
post #2178 of 2536
Quote:
Originally Posted by popalock View Post

Still working on my rear "stage" which consist of another 8 18's.

Wouldn't it be better to put eight 12's in the rear "stage" to get that mid bass slam?
post #2179 of 2536
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat4843 View Post

Wouldn't it be better to put eight 12's in the rear "stage" to get that mid bass slam?

Hey cat,

Help me put your comment into context. Are you implying that 12's have better mid-bass than 18's?
post #2180 of 2536
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat4843 View Post

Wouldn't it be better to put eight 12's in the rear "stage" to get that mid bass slam?
The 18's will give him that mid bass slam without sacrificing anything in the lower end of the spectrum.
Edited by edoggrc51 - 3/26/13 at 12:56pm
post #2181 of 2536
Yeah, I'd take a set of 18's over 12's any day.
post #2182 of 2536
Me too. That is a very nice setup you have there Popalock.
post #2183 of 2536
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pain Infliction View Post

Me too. That is a very nice setup you have there Popalock.

Thank you sir... I'll post up more pics when I get the other boxes up and running... =)
post #2184 of 2536
Quote:
Originally Posted by popalock View Post

Thank you sir... I'll post up more pics when I get the other boxes up and running... =)

Austin, don't forget to post the seismograph as well...
post #2185 of 2536
Quote:
Just got my SVS PC12-PLUS today....

I've been enjoying my SVS 20 - 39 PCi cylinder sub for several years. They refer to it as a " vintage sub " at this point !!

post #2186 of 2536
WTF .. some of you are just sick .. lol .. Seriously though .. Some amazing setups.. just looking at it is pissing my wife off.. cool.gif
post #2187 of 2536
It's no papalock build, but here's mine. smile.gif Soon to be joined by 3 TD15m's for front stage.

post #2188 of 2536
Quote:
Originally Posted by popalock View Post

Those who have yet to explore DIY, I highly highly recommend it.

Here is a preview of my current front stage. 8 Stereo Integrity 18's:



Still working on my rear "stage" which consist of another 8 18's. Check out my build thread in sig for more pics and progress.

Mmmm, been looking at the siesmic charts and there's a little cluster there in Virginia, all centered in the same place. You wouldn't have anything to do with now, Popalock. biggrin.gif
post #2189 of 2536
Quote:
Originally Posted by bass addict View Post

It's no papalock build, but here's mine. smile.gif Soon to be joined by 3 TD15m's for front stage.

Love that pic man! Lighting totally sets it off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nb67 View Post

Mmmm, been looking at the siesmic charts and there's a little cluster there in Virginia, all centered in the same place. You wouldn't have anything to do with now, Popalock.biggrin.gif

Haha...Nice chart.

Looks like the Cali crew is doing some real damage... Red every where!
post #2190 of 2536
Quote:
Originally Posted by popalock View Post

Looks like the Cali crew is doing some real damage... Red every where!
Just wait till ya see what NB67 has up his sleeve!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers › "YOUR" subwoofer picture thread