or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Rear Projection Units › Sam or Mits I'm stuck
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sam or Mits I'm stuck

post #1 of 15
Thread Starter 
Ok guys its been awhile since I been here and I must say there is some great content here. I have been reading for awhile now on the Mits and Sammy dlps and have been to the stores to check them out. I'm having a hard time deciding and am looking for a little help so here goes. I seem to be stuck between the mits diamond 65835 and the sammy 67A750 dlp or the other option of the mits 60735 or sammy 61A750. I like the idea of no bulb, but the sammy seems to have very green greens which I have tried to tone down in the store with no success, maybe I not doing the right thing. The biggest time its noted is on football games, the grass looks way fake even on real fields. The mits seems to have the better pic, but I have adjusted and played with both until I can't remember any more. I do watch some standard def off the dish, but the only thing they have them hooked up to in the store is comp. hd or a blue ray player I was originally looking to go to a 60" set, but you can't get the Diamond in less then the 65 so my next question is the 735 series mits.

Any help on the matter would be greatly appreciated. I can't read anymore or I'm going to go nuts.

Thanks
Dan
post #2 of 15
I got the 61A750 and love it. Don't go by how they look in the store. When you get it home and calibrate it, you will love it. HD football is great. I watch college football and love it every time I turn it on. If you stay on the fence, buy the Sammy from a store that has a liberal return policy and take it home, play with it and decide then. I got mine from CC. They had a great deal at the time.
post #3 of 15
just got my 61A750 a couple hours ago, looks great. I like the idea of the leds
post #4 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by darimont View Post

Ok guys its been awhile since I been here and I must say there is some great content here. I have been reading for awhile now on the Mits and Sammy dlps and have been to the stores to check them out. I'm having a hard time deciding and am looking for a little help so here goes. I seem to be stuck between the mits diamond 65835 and the sammy 67A750 dlp or the other option of the mits 60735 or sammy 61A750. I like the idea of no bulb, but the sammy seems to have very green greens which I have tried to tone down in the store with no success, maybe I not doing the right thing. The biggest time its noted is on football games, the grass looks way fake even on real fields. The mits seems to have the better pic, but I have adjusted and played with both until I can't remember any more. I do watch some standard def off the dish, but the only thing they have them hooked up to in the store is comp. hd or a blue ray player I was originally looking to go to a 60" set, but you can't get the Diamond in less then the 65 so my next question is the 735 series mits.

Any help on the matter would be greatly appreciated. I can't read anymore or I'm going to go nuts.

Thanks
Dan

for me it was between the mits wd65835 and the sammy hl67a750 . guess whats now
in my living room? a beautiful looking sammy HL67A750 love it
post #5 of 15
Thread Starter 
domingos1965,
What was your deciding factor? I was in the store again tonight playing with both and its come down to a coin toss. The only thing i haven't be able to do is compare SD on them. I did notice a problem with the sammy green being too green and hot but was able to correct that. Where you able to compare SD on both sets? HD and Blue ray lok the same to me, so its maybe come down to what SD looks like.
post #6 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by darimont View Post

domingos1965,
What was your deciding factor? I was in the store again tonight playing with both and its come down to a coin toss. The only thing i haven't be able to do is compare SD on them. I did notice a problem with the sammy green being too green and hot but was able to correct that. Where you able to compare SD on both sets? HD and Blue ray lok the same to me, so its maybe come down to what SD looks like.

SD looks pretty good depending on the channel
post #7 of 15
Get the Samsung if you are going to have it professionally dcalibrated, get the Mits if you are going to do the calibration yourself, visually with a test disk(s).
post #8 of 15
I was considering Samsung vs. Mitsubishi as well. What decided it for me was the noticeably better viewing angles of the Mitsubishi, both horizontal and vertical. DLP has plasma envy in this regard.
post #9 of 15
A few days ago I found the Mitsubishi WD60735 and WD65735, the Samsung HL61A750, HL67A750 and HL56A650 and a Sony KDS60A3000 all in a row at CC. I spent a long time there and honestly they all looked pretty good. To me the Mits were slightly behind the pack but not by much, I wish they'd had higher end models. Then I spent more time with the Sammys and Sony and that was tough. I never quite got the blue tint completely out of the two LED models and would have to say the A650 and A3000 looked the best to me. I was very glad to see the Sony there as I finally could compare one.

Anyway, I was very pleased with how well the A650 compared to the others and sure wouldn't rule it out if I were looking for a DLP. The one I have has worked flawlessly for many months now.
post #10 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcaillo View Post

Get the Samsung if you are going to have it professionally dcalibrated, get the Mits if you are going to do the calibration yourself, visually with a test disk(s).

mine will be calibrated in december by avical
post #11 of 15
Ask Eliab or David their opinion.
post #12 of 15
Thread Starter 
Thanks for the replies guys. After playing again last night with both side by side in the store with the same feed I'm leaning towards the Mitts. Don't get me wrong they are both great sets, but it seems that I can tweak Mitts for a better pic without any cal disk at this point. The bulb is only $100 for the mits so thats not a problem. I plan on keeping this set for 5 years and without any real time line yet for the led engine I'd rather replace a few bulbs.
post #13 of 15
And I went just the opposite way last night at BB 67'" and led made the difference for me. Also the Samsung took a $400 price drop that made em more comparable. Also I've had a 46" upstair's so more comfortable with Sammy's setup's.
post #14 of 15
I just ordered my first big screen tv. I got the Mitsubishi wd60735 for 999.99 plus ca tax came out to 1,095. can anyone out there tell me if I got a good deal and what kind of reviews has this set had good or bad. I looked and looked till I got dizzy specs, features, but went with the size and price. Any thoughts on my purchase??.
Thanks
Manny
post #15 of 15
The Mits will need a pro calibrator much more than the Sammy will. The Mits colors are completely wacked out of the box. I returned a 73785 because of its just plain goofy color. The video processing on the Mits DLP is hopeless.

BB even did a calibration on mine. They came out twice, well if you call setting grayscale and levels a calibration. Still the set had poor and I think my specific set had a light engine or color decoding issues. My neighbor picked up a 65735 on Black Friday for $1200. I did not tell him as we set it up but it was complete mess with the color out of the box. My Sammy 72A650 had nice accurate color right out of the box but took me some real head scratching to get adequate shadow detail to pop out of the beast. The Mits strong suit is the DC4 and it has superior dynamic range with excellent shadow detail compare the 72" Sammy if you can keep RGB tracking in balance as you get into the deep grays and blacks.

Also the Mits at least the 73 sets have piss poor resolution and geometry. Mine could not resolve 1080P, the Sammy is tack sharp with near perfect geometry. I hear the shadow detail on the LED sets is about as good as it gets with RP. The Mits has a nice soft easy to look at picture but it has atrocious color out of the box. The Mits may have some user controls for color but you can get it even close to right without the Service Menu.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Rear Projection Units
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Rear Projection Units › Sam or Mits I'm stuck