Happy New year to you and family.
Mike, I just want to say that although this is my first post in your thread, I have been observing the thread since you first appeared on the scene, and I must say, you have a very impressive audio/video ensemble. It's not a setup, it's an ensemble! To call it a set up would be bordering on an insult!
And the Rockets! Man, they look good! When do you think you will finish the theater completely, if there is such a concept?!
Happy New Year to you as well!
Thanks for the compliments.
Your pics of your system look nice as well.
When I was in High School (long ago) a friend of mine who had more money than me had a Denon/Klipsch system, so for a long time I thought that was "the" system/brands to get.
His subsequent trashing of his gear notwithstanding, it's still good stuff.
I hope to have the following done for my HT along something like this timeline:
- Fri - Projector arrives (JVC RS20 1080p - through AVS)
- next Wed - projector installed
- before Superbowl
- bar TV installed with cable box
- XBOX360 (Jasper)
- 2.35:1 screen (see my separate searching for a screen thread)
- HT seating
- ISCOIIIL anamorphic lens and CineSlide installed
- Oppo BDP83 Blu Ray player (EAP or normal product)
- WD 1TB My DVR Expander added to SA8300HD DVR (currently only a 500GB WD HD is available)
- ? Emotiva MPS-2 power amp
- rack mounted tape deck for all of those old bootlegs
- integration with NAS HD or other music server
I'm sure the "ensemble" will always be evolving, but my relatives visit for the Superbowl is kicking me into gear to get more done faster. I'm picking up to additional cable boxes on Sat and looking at HT seating (again) on Sat (Berkline 088's on a sale).
Enjoy your day...