or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Video Components › Home Theater Computers › no ac3 or DTS in Vista x64 WMC via 3650 & HDMI
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

no ac3 or DTS in Vista x64 WMC via 3650 & HDMI

post #1 of 11
Thread Starter 
Hi everyone,

I just got a new Vista machine. It's running Vista x64 digital cable edition.

I am using the hdmi out on a radeon 3650. in Vlc everything works perfect.

When using WMC i can play the files and get sound, just not in digital, whether it's ac3 or DTS. Same files in WMP 11 i get the same thing as WMC
, except DTS. DTS actually send through the hdmi in WMP.

I am using the codec pack from shark007.com and SPdifer (which i dont think helps me through HDMI)

any suggestions??

thanks in advance
post #2 of 11
disable vmc sounds
post #3 of 11
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 720p View Post

disable vmc sounds

I just tried that with no luck. I went to Tasks, then Settings, then Visual and sounds. Unchecked the enable sounds in WMC box.

Restarted and same deal. Did I miss something?
post #4 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertStern View Post

I just tried that with no luck. I went to Tasks, then Settings, then Visual and sounds. Unchecked the enable sounds in WMC box.

Restarted and same deal. Did I miss something?

No that's correct.

You must check dd/dts under audio in control panel if unchecked.
Check also enable & prefer exclusive mode again under audio in control panel.
post #5 of 11
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 720p View Post

No that's correct.

You must check dd/dts under audio in control panel if unchecked.
Check also enable & prefer exclusive mode again under audio in control panel.

All of that is set correctly as well.... Still same issue.
post #6 of 11
look at the ffdshow audio decoder settings under the x64 codec pack
do you have ac3 & dts set to spdif instead of liba something codec?
set speakers to stereo instead of 5.1/7.1 in control panels (just for testing, dd/dts will use all channels available anyway)
post #7 of 11
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 720p View Post

look at the ffdshow audio decoder settings under the x64 codec pack
do you have ac3 & dts set to spdif instead of liba something codec?
set speakers to stereo instead of 5.1/7.1 in control panels (just for testing, dd/dts will use all channels available anyway)

That was it!..

Thanks alot 720P, that was driving me crazy.. Now to just get the ATI DCT up and running. Just waiting for Tine-Warner to actually come when they have an appointment. ( Waited all day and they never showed ) So, they are coming back Saturday.

Other than that WMC has been pretty good so far. I am liking it. I just sold my Mac Mini that I was using for a Media Center Computer on OSX.
post #8 of 11
Good because my next suggestions would involve uninstalling stuff.
post #9 of 11
Thread Starter 
Ok,

I thought everything was good. I now get the correct decoded sound (AC3 or DTS). But the sound is not synced to the picture.

Have you had this issue?
post #10 of 11
No, I'm only aware of this issue under TMT with Ati but only at 24Hz. Never seen this under vmc.
post #11 of 11
Digging up a slightly old thread, but is there any way to keep Vista Media Centre sounds and get spdif working? Could turning off exclusive mode have anything to do with this - thinking being that media centre with exclusive mode on is not releasing the sound card hence breaking spdif passthrough?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Home Theater Computers
AVS › AVS Forum › Video Components › Home Theater Computers › no ac3 or DTS in Vista x64 WMC via 3650 & HDMI