Received my HDfury2 from Monoprice today. It works without power cable
in my PS3->CLUX11SA->HDfury2 chain, though I have not tested video output yet (just that the PS3 recognized it and sent audio to the CLUX).
A few clarifications on Kal's and my own earlier posts...
ship the HDfury2 v.3 with hologram.
Monoprice's HDFury2 has www.curtpalme.com
engraved on the unit.
Monprice's HDFury2 is the heavy, aluminum (gold) encased model.Monoprice includes a DB15 to Component Cable in the blister pack.
Monoprice includes a DB15 F/M extension cable in the blister pack (1ft?).
Monoprice does not
include a power cable. I didn't get a good look at the power connector, but I don't think it's a USB connection.
Originally Posted by kal
We have also made a list of what you are getting, what you are missing when ordering here [at CurtPalme.com] or from any other source that may be or not cheaper.
So here it is again (I'll put aside the fact that monoprice got v2 stock from japan and screwed people on replacement):
They are now shipping v3.
- Only Curtpalme.com gets PSU (power supply)/USB+5v as standard package, when buying from any other place, you will have to pay for extra PSU/USB+5v, here once again we are asking customers (retail and distributor) to order both of them, but most of the time they never do it, for your information, monoprice never ever ordered a single PSU.
- Only Curtpalme.com gets the component cable needed for hooking up to component displays.
Mine came with DB15 to Component (gold connectors).
- Only Curtpalme.com gets 24/24 support service through Email, while others are accepted through forum only.
- Only Curtpalme.com gets unit replaced for free on upgrades (means you end up with 2 units in hands) and even 40 usd credit when you ship it back. It means that our customer are actually getting discount when they met a problem. This have NEVER been seen anywhere.
- If you understood the above sentence, then you also understood that only curtpalme.com customers are NEVER left without screen or picture.
Ignoring downtime with broken old unit.
- Only Curtpalme.com ships worldwide with express tracking service and reach any place in the world within a week (in 99% of the case). All other places charge extra for shipping and a lot more for priority shipping with tracking.
However, I live in California. Monoprice had heavily discounted next day shipping to CA residents. My overnight shipping was $8.50 for the unit plus some extra cables! Now that
is unheard of!
- Only Curtpalme.com will be able to offer upgrade from PREVIOUS to NEXT version of HDfury product.
Though, as I've stated, my unit very clearly says "www.curtpalme.com
" on it.
- Monoprice does not have the "RED" or "GREEN" edition needed by most home theater users, only the standard (VGA) "BLUE" edition.
- Monoprice does not sell the Advanced Kit with the GammaX product.
Though I assume you can purchase the GammaX and power cable from curtpalme if you need them. And "blue" includes the HDFury2, a component cable, and M/F DB15 extension cable.
At the end, it's just a choice between CHEAP price and CHEAP service, or THE PRICE and THE SERVICE.
Service often comes at a premium. Monoprice was significantly less expensive than buying direct from www.curtpalme.com