or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers › Premier Acoustic PA-120
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Premier Acoustic PA-120 - Page 12

post #331 of 2112
I just bought a denon 1909 and need a sub, Does anyone know if pairing it with the pa-120 will be a problem. Still a little hesitent considering the pa-120 is from a no name company, but so many good reviews. THANKS
post #332 of 2112
just your luck, the PA120 makes Denon AVR's and ONLY Denon AVR's blow up when you try to connect them!!!

(there is no problem pairing any modern receiver with any modern subwoofer, it's just an RCA connection)
post #333 of 2112
Quote:
Originally Posted by batpig View Post

just your luck, the PA120 makes Denon AVR's and ONLY Denon AVR's blow up when you try to connect them!!!

(there is no problem pairing any modern receiver with any modern subwoofer, it's just an RCA connection)



Yeah i really have no clue when it comes to this stuff, not sure if the wattage was too hight or not, ive always had a htib and never really had to deal with hookin stuff up. thanks

Im also looking at the BIC America F12, seems pretty similar, and i guess that wont blow anything up either.
post #334 of 2112
Spooky42x: Powered subwoofer's power comes from the outlet not a receiver like HTIB. The receiver just sends the signal to the sub through RCA cables. If you get a 1300 watt rms powered subwoofer, you might blow a fuse in the house. That's about it.
post #335 of 2112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hksvr4 View Post

Spooky42x: Powered subwoofer's power comes from the outlet not a receiver like HTIB. The receiver just sends the signal to the sub through RCA cables. If you get a 1300 watt rms powered subwoofer, you might blow a fuse in the house. That's about it.



makes sense, thanks
post #336 of 2112
She arrived on time and in perfect condition. Set up the second sub on opposite side of the entertainment center like Ohio Lefty and, ran calibration on my Yamaha 663 and it really blew the house away.

Did I really need a second 120, probably not because one fills up my rather large room that opens to the kitchen incredibly but now there is no seat in my HT that your chest won't feel the burst and thats worth it for me.

I appreciate all the reviews and feedback from here because it's tough buying a budget priced sub without hearing one..but these are winners in my book and 2 of my neighbors have now replaced thier subs with one because of the PA-120. I feel you have to spend north of $700 to hear any difference in another sub after spending time at BB and Tweeter.

Now, I hope these subs have good longevity because after reading some of the other threads about issues with the build quality and failure rates of other manufacturers...I feel lucky.

FWIW, Mike sold me my second sub at $200 delivered.

I'm actually going to buy a BIC Acoustech HT-65 horn tweeter center speaker from him becuase of the reviews on this website and because those are the models that Klipsch is suing them over.

That should round out my upgrade-itis...for now
post #337 of 2112
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltwaterCat View Post

She arrived on time and in perfect condition. Set up the second sub on opposite side of the entertainment center like Ohio Lefty and, ran calibration on my Yamaha 663 and it really blew the house away.

Did I really need a second 120, probably not because one fills up my rather large room that opens to the kitchen incredibly but now there is no seat in my HT that your chest won't feel the burst and thats worth it for me.

I appreciate all the reviews and feedback from here because it's tough buying a budget priced sub without hearing one..but these are winners in my book and 2 of my neighbors have now replaced thier subs with one because of the PA-120. I feel you have to spend north of $700 to hear any difference in another sub after spending time at BB and Tweeter.

Now, I hope these subs have good longevity because after reading some of the other threads about issues with the build quality and failure rates of other manufacturers...I feel lucky.

FWIW, Mike sold me my second sub at $200 delivered.

I'm actually going to buy a BIC Acoustech HT-65 horn tweeter center speaker from him becuase of the reviews on this website and because those are the models that Klipsch is suing them over.

That should round out my upgrade-itis...for now

What's the best placement for dual subwoofers?
post #338 of 2112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Rat 23 View Post

What's the best placement for dual subwoofers?

There's many ways...search "dual subs" in this forum or on google. For me and "my wife" it was up front, on both sides. You can stack them, put them at opposite sides of the roon (that's why you have a phase knob) etc...

Your room dimensions dictate a lot
post #339 of 2112
Is Mike Acoustic Sound Design or Sound Distributors? Thx.
post #340 of 2112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinstripe View Post

Is Mike Acoustic Sound Design or Sound Distributors? Thx.

Acoustic Sound Design, his brother Eric is Sound Distributors
post #341 of 2112
Hulk "bring out the guns" scene pressurized the room with no problem.
post #342 of 2112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Goat View Post

Acoustic Sound Design, his brother Eric is Sound Distributors

They both sell all lines though
post #343 of 2112
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltwaterCat View Post

They both sell all lines though

and either one or both of them are currently on vacation so if u order anything, don't expect any shipment until at least next week.
post #344 of 2112
My PA-120 is sitting on top of an Auralex GRAMMA now. Bought it from my local Guitar Center for $50 minus 10% off with a coupon you can print online. Haven't had time to test if it made any difference yet, but when I didn't have it, my house was vibrating and things around the walls were clanking. I'm sure my neighbors hate me.
post #345 of 2112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Goat View Post

Acoustic Sound Design, his brother Eric is Sound Distributors

Ok, reason I asked is because ASD no longer has this sub listed on ebay or are you guys buying directly from their websites? And it seems like Eric's service is a touch below his brother's.

Any Canadians try to negotiate the shipping fee?
post #346 of 2112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinstripe View Post

Ok, reason I asked is because ASD no longer has this sub listed on ebay or are you guys buying directly from their websites? And it seems like Eric's service is a touch below his brother's.

Any Canadians try to negotiate the shipping fee?

Here's one open now...just call them or do like my neighbor did and "buy it now" and showed up a week later...didn't speak to anyone...

http://cgi.ebay.com/H100-Premier-Aco...3A1%7C294%3A50
post #347 of 2112
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltwaterCat View Post

Here's one open now...just call them or do like my neighbor did and "buy it now" and showed up a week later...didn't speak to anyone...

http://cgi.ebay.com/H100-Premier-Aco...3A1%7C294%3A50

Jump on this like a rabid possum, I love my PA-120.
post #348 of 2112
so sub pre out on A/V and what input on the back of the sub?

sub in?

I have an Onkyo 605
post #349 of 2112
^^ No single sub in. Refer to page 10 for pics.^^
post #350 of 2112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hksvr4 View Post

^^ No single sub in. Refer to page 10 for pics.^^

maybe Im retarded today, so sub in on the sub?

thats what it says in the Onkyo manual

I ask now even though Im ordering next week is because I want to make sure of what cable I need to purchase so that everything arrives here around the same time
post #351 of 2112
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltwaterCat View Post

Here's one open now...just call them or do like my neighbor did and "buy it now" and showed up a week later...didn't speak to anyone...

http://cgi.ebay.com/H100-Premier-Aco...3A1%7C294%3A50

That's where I got mine from, and despite me not reading the "pre order" statement, once they came in it was at my door the next day (Vegas to Socal is 1-day) and even though I emailed him just about every day asking where it was when it was late he got back to me pretty quick.
post #352 of 2112
well did some searching on here and most say sub pre out on receiver, sub in on subwoofer

so sub in?

correct??
post #353 of 2112
Quote:
Originally Posted by qbbraveheart View Post

well did some searching on here and most say sub pre out on receiver, sub in on subwoofer

so sub in?

correct??

That is correct.
post #354 of 2112
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerSully View Post

That is correct.

thank you for the help!
post #355 of 2112
Question: Has anyone else noticed a lot of white noise coming off the sub?
When I turn off my stereo, it takes around twenty minutes to power down and I really notice a lot of static/white noise coming off the sub. Is this normal? I don't need to see the green light in the back to know that it is still on. I can hear it. I love the job that it does but man is it releasing a lot of extra noise. Enough that when it powers down I know exactly when it happens.

To be fair: My wife doesn't notice at all. So I don't know if I am just sensitive to the frequency/level it releases?
post #356 of 2112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry-Albino View Post

Question: Has anyone else noticed a lot of white noise coming off the sub?
When I turn off my stereo, it takes around twenty minutes to power down and I really notice a lot of static/white noise coming off the sub. Is this normal? I don't need to see the green light in the back to know that it is still on. I can hear it. I love the job that it does but man is it releasing a lot of extra noise. Enough that when it powers down I know exactly when it happens.

To be fair: My wife doesn't notice at all. So I don't know if I am just sensitive to the frequency/level it releases?

havent notice any on mine and did try to notice it after reading your post.
post #357 of 2112
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayzfelon View Post

havent notice any on mine and did try to notice it after reading your post.

No white-noise, no static either. Could it be your subwoofer cable? Maybe even power related?
post #358 of 2112
No white noise here. Try using another cable or outlet.
post #359 of 2112
Quote:
Originally Posted by lui_boy View Post

No white-noise, no static either. Could it be your subwoofer cable? Maybe even power related?

Thanks for the replies. I had not even considered that it might be the cable or power. I will look into both sides of the issue. I really hope this is the fix, because I dread having to ship it back. With its weight it will cost a lot. Eric and Mike must get these for practically nothing to cover the shipping cost and still make a profit.
post #360 of 2112
Just ordered with Eric, now for the waiting part...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers › Premier Acoustic PA-120