Originally Posted by IAM4UK
I haven't seen this show. I know JLH has certain charms, but is the show any good?
Well, that's a matter of some debate. Since it is one of the few shows my wife will actually watch with me, we've seen it from the beginning.
The typical formula is:
1. Unexplained things start happening.
2. Ghost appears, often angry or scary looking
3. Melinda wants to help him/her/it (sometimes it is a dog) cross "into the light"
4. Ghost doesn't want any part of it due to [anger/unfinished business/revenge]
5. Melinda tries to explain to others she can see ghosts and they [accept it/think she is crazy]
6. Her formerly alive [now technically dead, but whose spirit is living inside another person's body because the other person has already crossed "into the light" so it's really OK that dead Jim's ghost is using the body of its former occupant] husband Jim is extremely understanding [or has been up to this point since the "new" Jim is living in Melinda's garage, but has amnesia and doesn't remember that he's married to her...which technically he isn't anymore].
7. Everyone eventually believes that Melinda can see ghosts and the unfinished business is taken care of. Melinda cries.
8. Somehow the ghost has taken a bath, or otherwise cleaned up and doesn't look scary or angry anymore. He/she/it then goes "into the light" [unless some scary dude shows up and recruits him/her/it into the band of rogue spirits who want to stay out of the light for some unknown reason].
9. All is then well. Until the next episode when it all happens again.