or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP › Official TW4000 Owners Thread!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official TW4000 Owners Thread! - Page 5

post #121 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Jones View Post

I doubt you will lose anything in video quality for BD and DVD playback by going thru the Denon 3806. Only games and other graphics/media on the PS3 are actually generating the true deep color video (BDs are essentially upscaled from 8-bit to 12-bit per color, but not native deep color). Another alternative might be to buy one of the new HDMI Pro Splitters (currently not in stock) from Monoprice that are HDMI 1.3b capable. With that you could connect the output of the PS3 to into the splitter and then one of the splitter outputs to your AVR and the other splitter output to the new projector. If everything works the way it is supposed to you should (but with HDMI nothing if for certain) get both the best audio from the AVR and the best video from the projector.

Have you ever seen a comparison between the regular 8 bit and 12 bit upscale? Just wondering if there is a nice visible difference, or if it doesn't add much.
post #122 of 135
Hey Peteer, since you've had this thing for a while now, any new comments, suprises, or problems you've encountered? Some reviews I've seen on the 1080Ub say it has a very bright pop like digital picture and not as film-like as DLP. What do you think?
post #123 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by nysoundman View Post

Huh...so...... should i even be doing this? Am i going to notice any difference in video quality...really? The downside to doing the switch is that i was going to lose the 7.1 discrete feed audio to my AVR as the PS3 only gives that option on the HDMI out...not the optical i was going to have to use.

I decided to get the splitter anyway. Monoprice was having a sale on their 4x1 HDMI 1.3b cert. switch for $30. I was ordering cables already so i figured WTF. Thanks for the help guys. Now all i need is my 6500UB!!!!
post #124 of 135
NY Soundman, The switch you have ordered is not a splitter. The switch can be used to increase you HDMI inputs but it will not split the signal.
post #125 of 135
Hey guys... I know you are interested in obtaining information for Deep Color and splitters, etc... but this started as a pretty good Epson TW4000 post and has gotten off track... Anyone (Peteer01) have any more info on the Epson TW4000? Epson 6500 UB's are shipping this week. Got mine pre-ordered from Projector People. CANNOT WAIT!!!!
post #126 of 135
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by d james View Post

Hey Peteer, since you've had this thing for a while now, any new comments, suprises, or problems you've encountered? Some reviews I've seen on the 1080Ub say it has a very bright pop like digital picture and not as film-like as DLP. What do you think?

As for DLP Vs. LCD, I haven't watched enough DLP to make an informed comment on that, but I would say that the only projector that I've seen that really looked markedly better than this in my search for my next projector was the JVC HD750 (RS20). I have not seen the newest Sonys, nor have I seen a lot of DLP models, as the vast majority of home theater projectors sold here in Japan tend to be Japanese makers (JVC, Sony, Epson, Sanyo, Panasonic and Mitsubishi are the main projectors on display at most places) using either LCD or LCoS.

As for surprises or new comments...I'm still very happy with the TW4000, and don't expect any big negative or positive surprises. I'll be very happy if it just keeps working as well as it's working now. One small thing I've noticed is that the focus seems to move ever so slightly (like lens creep), which is probably because I usually turn on my projector, receiver and Xbox manually (rather than via remote) and the vibrations of the projector and shelf may be causing the focus to slip slightly. Nothing major, and as I already have to tweak focus when zooming from 2.35:1 material to 16x9 material, I don't really care, but it is something that I noticed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiAlready View Post

Anyone (Peteer01) have any more info on the Epson TW4000? Epson 6500 UB's are shipping this week.

No new info, other than that the second box is working as expected day in and day out, and I'm very satisfied with it.

Anything in particular you were hoping I'd have more info on or otherwise hoping to hear about?
post #127 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwestley View Post

NY Soundman, The switch you have ordered is not a splitter. The switch can be used to increase you HDMI inputs but it will not split the signal.

I know... thats what i wanted.

I am going to go strait from the ps3 to the proj and then will also need to go from the AVR to the proj... so i need a switch.
post #128 of 135
Sorry, I see why you wanted the switch.
post #129 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by peteer01 View Post

As for DLP Vs. LCD, I haven't watched enough DLP to make an informed comment on that, but I would say that the only projector that I've seen that really looked markedly better than this in my search for my next projector was the JVC HD750 (RS20). I have not seen the newest Sonys, nor have I seen a lot of DLP models, as the vast majority of home theater projectors sold here in Japan tend to be Japanese makers (JVC, Sony, Epson, Sanyo, Panasonic and Mitsubishi are the main projectors on display at most places) using either LCD or LCoS.

As for surprises or new comments...I'm still very happy with the TW4000, and don't expect any big negative or positive surprises. I'll be very happy if it just keeps working as well as it's working now. One small thing I've noticed is that the focus seems to move ever so slightly (like lens creep), which is probably because I usually turn on my projector, receiver and Xbox manually (rather than via remote) and the vibrations of the projector and shelf may be causing the focus to slip slightly. Nothing major, and as I already have to tweak focus when zooming from 2.35:1 material to 16x9 material, I don't really care, but it is something that I noticed.

No new info, other than that the second box is working as expected day in and day out, and I'm very satisfied with it.

Anything in particular you were hoping I'd have more info on or otherwise hoping to hear about?

peteer01, so you have not had any issues with fan noise? I am asking because i am going to be hanging the unit, basically, right over where the seating positions are. I just want to make sure it will not be distracting.
post #130 of 135
Thanks Peteer, by the way, how many hours do you put on that thing per night? Before I got my first pj I hardly watched movies and played games, now its an everyday thing, and with this pj I suspect my viewing times will increase even more.
post #131 of 135
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by nysoundman View Post

peteer01, so you have not had any issues with fan noise? I am asking because i am going to be hanging the unit, basically, right over where the seating positions are. I just want to make sure it will not be distracting.

Low lamp mode (cinema black) is very quiet. I sit right next to it, and I have no issues with it. I haven't used high mode or high altitude fan mode enough to know how much they might bother you, but I wouldn't be too worried about fan noise, as I'm guessing I sit at least as close to it as you with no complaints. This is much quieter than my old Z3.

(When I first got the TW4000, it was so much darker and quieter than I was used to, that when it started dying on me for no reason [that's why I exchanged it], I couldn't tell if it was turning off or it was going to the standard black screen you get when there's no video being sent to the projector. Now...it's not that dark and that quiet, as I would be able to see if it was on or not, but it does demonstrate how much quieter and darker it is than my previous projector.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by d james View Post

Thanks Peteer, by the way, how many hours do you put on that thing per night? Before I got my first pj I hardly watched movies and played games, now its an everyday thing, and with this pj I suspect my viewing times will increase even more.

I got it on the 28th, and between the two TW4000s, I've got about 70 hours of viewing, so I definitely have some hours on it already. The second one has absolutely no issues, even after some marathon late night weekend sessions.
post #132 of 135
Does anyone know if the unit supports horizontal and/or vertical stretch for use with an anamorphic lens as the TW2000 did not?

Thanks,

Bryan
post #133 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbar View Post

Does anyone know if the unit supports horizontal and/or vertical stretch for use with an anamorphic lens as the TW2000 did not?

Thanks,

Bryan

In the USA the 7500UB supports vertical stretch so you can use it with an external anamorphic lens to fill a 2.35:1 screen, but the 6500UB does not have this feature. In Europe the TW5000 is the version without the stretch feature and the TW5800 is the model that will do the stretch for use with an external lens. In Japan the TW4000 doesn't have this feature.

Correction: The TW5800 is a UK model that is equivalent to the 7500UB in the USA while the TW5000 is the equivalent model in the rest of Europe.
post #134 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Jones View Post

In the USA the 7500UB supports vertical stretch so you can use it with an external anamorphic lens to fill a 2.35:1 screen, but the 6500UB does not have this feature. In Europe the TW5000 is the version without the stretch feature and the TW5800 is the model that will do the stretch for use with an external lens. In Japan the TW4000 doesn't have this feature.

Thanks,

Bryan
post #135 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbar View Post

Thanks,

Bryan

It appears I was wrong in my earlier post on the European models as the TW5800 is the UK model equivalent to the 7500UB while in the rest of Europe it is the TW5000 that is equivalent of the 7500UB.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP › Official TW4000 Owners Thread!