or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Video Components › Home Theater Computers › EDID Override Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

EDID Override Thread - Page 5

post #121 of 3084
Well, i'm most suprised, 8.12 have cured all my HDMI problems.

My Samsung plasma is now identified rather than my Onkyo.

HDMI is recognised rather than DVI in CCC.

Wakeup from sleep no longer produces a blank screen.


BTW, i rolled back to the generic monitor driver before installing 8.12 and also used a driver cleaner.

Well happy at the moment, hope nothing shows up later.
post #122 of 3084
Quote:
Originally Posted by bingobill View Post

Well, i'm most suprised, 8.12 have cured all my HDMI problems.

My Samsung plasma is now identified rather than my Onkyo.

HDMI is recognised rather than DVI in CCC.

Wakeup from sleep no longer produces a blank screen.


BTW, i rolled back to the generic monitor driver before installing 8.12 and also used a driver cleaner.

Well happy at the moment, hope nothing shows up later.

Are you using Vista or XP?

Also for me the HUGE issue was waking from sleep when AVR/TV were off. I would then turn them on and get blank screen. Is that what was happening for you?
post #123 of 3084
Quote:
Originally Posted by genro View Post

Are you using Vista or XP?

Also for me the HUGE issue was waking from sleep when AVR/TV were off. I would then turn them on and get blank screen. Is that what was happening for you?

Mine would give a blank screen whatever, I'm on Vista32.

I just tried to simulate your problem, no blank screen but scaling is sometimes messed up. I just think TV and AVR need to be on first so that the correct EDID can be obtained. Drivers to seem to be unable to remember the EDID.

Or perhaps now the custom .inf would would come into its own as it seems the EDID thing is dome on the fly.
post #124 of 3084
I rolled back the driver that I created earlier in this thread, then installed the 8.12 catalyst update.

Looks like that resolved the issue, but it still shows my receiver in CCC rather than the TV. It actually shows up just like it did with the custom driver, so I was thinking maybe it that was still being applied somehow? Device manager shows the monitor back to Generic PnP Monitor.

Anyone think that would be a problem? Seems like it is working fine
post #125 of 3084
Thread Starter 
Glad some of us are having luck with the 8.12 installed, mine was still showing as a dvi after installing.

A couple of things is noticed on the way when wanting to make sure edid override was having no affect.

1. Rolling back the driver to generic monitor left the edid override value in the registry.
2. Uninstalling the generic monitor from device manager and rebooting was effective at clearing the changes from the registry.
post #126 of 3084
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerphil View Post

Kemac, care to share your 806 number.
Thanks.

Here are my .inf file entry's for and Onkyo 806 and Panasonic 58PZ850U. I didn't follow the directions fully in my case. I had an old EDID I saved from when I was troubleshooting this issue a few months back. I had generated a good EDID using my Intel G33 solution so I just used that.

HKR,EDID_OVERRIDE,"0",0x01,0x00,0xFF,0xFF,0xFF,0xFF,0xFF,0xFF,0x00,0x3D,0xCB,0x82 ,0x08,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x12,0x01,0x03,0x80,0x00,0x00 ,0x78,0x0A,0xDA,0xFF,0xA3,0x58,0x4A,0xA2,0x29,0x17,0x49,0x4B ,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x01,0x01,0x01,0x01,0x01,0x01,0x01,0x01,0x01 ,0x01,0x01,0x01,0x01,0x01,0x01,0x01,0x02,0x3A,0x80,0x18,0x71 ,0x38,0x2D,0x40,0x58,0x2C,0x45,0x00,0x98,0x06,0x32,0x00,0x00 ,0x1E,0x01,0x1D,0x80,0x18,0x71,0x1C,0x16,0x20,0x58,0x2C,0x25 ,0x00,0x98,0x06,0x32,0x00,0x00,0x9E,0x00,0x00,0x00,0xFC,0x00 ,0x54,0x58,0x2D,0x53,0x52,0x38,0x30,0x36,0x0A,0x20,0x20,0x20 ,0x20,0x00,0x00,0x00,0xFD,0x00,0x3B,0x3D,0x0F,0x44,0x0F,0x00 ,0x0A,0x20,0x20,0x20,0x20,0x20,0x20,0x01,0x43

HKR,EDID_OVERRIDE,"1",0x01,0x02,0x03,0x37,0x71,0x4E,0x90,0x05,0x04,0x03,0x02,0x07 ,0x06,0x01,0x0F,0x0E,0x0B,0x0A,0x24,0x23,0x38,0x09,0x7F,0x07 ,0x0F,0x7F,0x07,0x17,0x07,0x50,0x3F,0x06,0xC0,0x4D,0x02,0x00 ,0x57,0x06,0x00,0x5F,0x7E,0x01,0x67,0x54,0x00,0x83,0x4F,0x00 ,0x00,0x66,0x03,0x0C,0x00,0x11,0x00,0x80,0x01,0x1D,0x00,0x72 ,0x51,0xD0,0x1E,0x20,0x6E,0x28,0x55,0x00,0x98,0x06,0x32,0x00 ,0x00,0x1E,0x8C,0x0A,0xD0,0x8A,0x20,0xE0,0x2D,0x10,0x10,0x3E ,0x96,0x00,0x98,0x06,0x32,0x00,0x00,0x18,0x8C,0x0A,0xD0,0x8A ,0x20,0xE0,0x2D,0x10,0x10,0x3E,0x96,0x00,0xB2,0x06,0x22,0x00 ,0x00,0x18,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00 ,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x30
post #127 of 3084
cat 8.12 did not work for me with XP, HD 4670 and Denon 1909. Still giving me the dreaded DVI connection in CCC.
post #128 of 3084
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomFoe View Post

Glad some of us are having luck with the 8.12 installed, mine was still showing as a dvi after installing.

A couple of things is noticed on the way when wanting to make sure edid override was having no affect.

1. Rolling back the driver to generic monitor left the edid override value in the registry.
2. Uninstalling the generic monitor from device manager and rebooting was effective at clearing the changes from the registry.

Since I simply rolled back the driver and didn't do this uninstall/reinstall, it sounds like the EDID is still in my registry and that's why it's working rather than the 8.12 cats having any effect?

Sounds like it may be worth just reinstalling the custom EDID made driver to make it consistent until ATI puts forth a 100% fixed solution
post #129 of 3084
The usual story - no HDMI audio.

SETUP:
HTPC: mobo GIGABYTE GA-MA78GM-S2H - integrated ATI 3200 HD
OS: VISTA 32 ULT.
DRIVERS: Catalyst 8.12 / REALTEK 2.09 / ATI HDMI 2.09

TV: Philips 32PFLl7762D/12
RECEIVER: no receiver

The TV is left as a primary monitor connected through HDMI-HDMI cable (the mobo have hdmi out.)

Result: Device not plugged in under HDMI in playback devices.

As the problem persist despite the new drivers suppose have to try the EDID override procedure

Moninfo is giving the foll info:

FROM REGISTRY:
Raw data................. 00,FF,FF,FF,FF,FF,FF,00,41,0C,52,1E,01,01,01,01,1B,11,01,03, 80,47,28,78,8A,28,8E,9E,55,48,97,24,
......................... 16,48,4B,AD,CE,00,31,59,45,59,61,59,81,80,01,01,01,01,01,01, 01,01,66,21,50,B0,51,00,1B,30,40,70,
......................... 36,00,C4,8E,21,00,00,18,A9,1A,00,A0,50,00,16,30,30,20,37,00, C4,8E,21,00,00,18,00,00,00,FC,00,57,
......................... 58,47,41,20,54,56,20,28,33,29,0A,20,00,00,00,FD,00,2F,55,1F, 50,0E,00,0A,20,20,20,20,20,20,01,36

REALTIME:
Raw data................. 00,FF,FF,FF,FF,FF,FF,00,41,0C,52,1E,01,01,01,01,1B,11,01,03, 80,47,28,78,8A,28,8E,9E,55,48,97,24,
......................... 16,48,4B,AD,CE,00,31,59,45,59,61,59,81,80,01,01,01,01,01,01, 01,01,66,21,50,B0,51,00,1B,30,40,70,
......................... 36,00,C4,8E,21,00,00,18,A9,1A,00,A0,50,00,16,30,30,20,37,00, C4,8E,21,00,00,18,00,00,00,FC,00,57,
......................... 58,47,41,20,54,56,20,28,33,29,0A,20,00,00,00,FD,00,2F,55,1F, 50,0E,00,0A,20,20,20,20,20,20,01,36,
......................... 02,03,2C,71,52,1F,10,20,21,22,14,05,93,04,12,11,03,02,01,16, 15,07,06,23,09,07,07,83,01,00,00,6C,
......................... 03,0C,00,10,00,B8,2D,C0,3D,01,37,01,01,1D,00,BC,52,D0,1E,20, B8,28,55,40,C4,8E,21,00,00,1A,01,1D,
......................... 00,72,51,D0,1E,20,6E,28,55,00,C4,8E,21,00,00,1E,01,1D,80,D0, 72,1C,16,20,10,2C,25,80,C4,8E,21,00,
......................... 00,9E,01,1D,80,18,71,1C,16,20,58,2C,25,00,C4,8E,21,00,00,9E, 00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,07

Do I understand it right the in my case have to put the first 4 rows of the real time data in HKR,EDID_OVERRIDE,"0" and the second part in HKR,EDID_OVERRIDE,"1 ", so to look as foll:

HKR,EDID_OVERRIDE,"0",0x01, 0x00,0xFF,0xFF,0xFF,0xFF,0xFF,0xFF,0x00,0x41,0x0C,0x52,0x1E, 0x01,0x01,0x01,0x01,0x1B,0x11,0x01,0x03,0x80,0x47,0x28,0x78, 0x8A,0x28,0x8E,0x9E,0x55,0x48,0x97,0x24,0x16,0x48,0x4B,0xAD, 0xCE,0x00,0x31,0x59,0x45,0x59,0x61,0x59,0x81,0x80,0x01,0x01, 0x01,0x01,0x01,0x01,0x01,0x01,0x66,0x21,0x50,0xB0,0x51,0x00, 0x1B,0x30,0x40,0x70,0x36,0x00,0xC4,0x8E,0x21,0x00,0x00,0x18, 0xA9,0x1A,0x00,0xA0,0x50,0x00,0x16,0x30,0x30,0x20,0x37,0x00, 0xC4,0x8E,0x21,0x00,0x00,0x18,0x00,0x00,0x00,0xFC,0x00,0x57, 0x58,0x47,0x41,0x20,0x54,0x56,0x20,0x28,0x33,0x29,0x0A,0x20, 0x00,0x00,0x00,0xFD,0x00,0x2F,0x55,0x1F,0x50,0x0E,0x00,0x0A, 0x20,0x20,0x20,0x20,0x20,0x20,0x01,0x36

HKR,EDID_OVERRIDE,"1",0x01, 0x02,0x03,0x2C,0x71,0x52,0x1F,0x10,0x20,0x21,0x22,0x14,0x05, 0x93,0x04,0x12,0x11,0x03,0x02,0x01,0x16,0x15,0x07,0x06,0x23, 0x09,0x07,0x07,0x83,0x01,0x00,0x00,0x6C,0x03,0x0C,0x00,0x10, 0x00,0xB8,0x2D,0xC0,0x3D,0x01,0x37,0x01,0x01,0x1D,0x00,0xBC, 0x52,0xD0,0x1E,0x20,0xB8,0x28,0x55,0x40,0xC4,0x8E,0x21,0x00, 0x00,0x1A,0x01,0x1D,0x00,0x72,0x51,0xD0,0x1E,0x20,0x6E,0x28, 0x55,0x00,0xC4,0x8E,0x21,0x00,0x00,0x1E,0x01,0x1D,0x80,0xD0, 0x72,0x1C,0x16,0x20,0x10,0x2C,0x25,0x80,0xC4,0x8E,0x21,0x00, 0x00,0x9E,0x01,0x1D,0x80,0x18,0x71,0x1C,0x16,0x20,0x58,0x2C, 0x25,0x00,0xC4,0x8E,0x21,0x00,0x00,0x9E,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00, 0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x07

Thanks in advance for the help and advise!
post #130 of 3084
Quote:
Originally Posted by venko_g View Post

The usual story - no HDMI audio.

SETUP:
HTPC: mobo GIGABYTE GA-MA78GM-S2H - integrated ATI 3200 HD
OS: VISTA 32 ULT.
DRIVERS: Catalyst 8.12 / REALTEK 2.09 / ATI HDMI 2.09

TV: Philips 32PFLl7762D/12
RECEIVER: no receiver

The TV is left as a primary monitor connected through HDMI-HDMI cable (the mobo have hdmi out.)

Result: Device not plugged in under HDMI in playback devices.

As the problem persist despite the new drivers suppose have to try the EDID override procedure

Moninfo is giving the foll info:

FROM REGISTRY:
Raw data................. 00,FF,FF,FF,FF,FF,FF,00,41,0C,52,1E,01,01,01,01,1B,11,01,03, 80,47,28,78,8A,28,8E,9E,55,48,97,24,
......................... 16,48,4B,AD,CE,00,31,59,45,59,61,59,81,80,01,01,01,01,01,01, 01,01,66,21,50,B0,51,00,1B,30,40,70,
......................... 36,00,C4,8E,21,00,00,18,A9,1A,00,A0,50,00,16,30,30,20,37,00, C4,8E,21,00,00,18,00,00,00,FC,00,57,
......................... 58,47,41,20,54,56,20,28,33,29,0A,20,00,00,00,FD,00,2F,55,1F, 50,0E,00,0A,20,20,20,20,20,20,01,36

REALTIME:
Raw data................. 00,FF,FF,FF,FF,FF,FF,00,41,0C,52,1E,01,01,01,01,1B,11,01,03, 80,47,28,78,8A,28,8E,9E,55,48,97,24,
......................... 16,48,4B,AD,CE,00,31,59,45,59,61,59,81,80,01,01,01,01,01,01, 01,01,66,21,50,B0,51,00,1B,30,40,70,
......................... 36,00,C4,8E,21,00,00,18,A9,1A,00,A0,50,00,16,30,30,20,37,00, C4,8E,21,00,00,18,00,00,00,FC,00,57,
......................... 58,47,41,20,54,56,20,28,33,29,0A,20,00,00,00,FD,00,2F,55,1F, 50,0E,00,0A,20,20,20,20,20,20,01,36,
......................... 02,03,2C,71,52,1F,10,20,21,22,14,05,93,04,12,11,03,02,01,16, 15,07,06,23,09,07,07,83,01,00,00,6C,
......................... 03,0C,00,10,00,B8,2D,C0,3D,01,37,01,01,1D,00,BC,52,D0,1E,20, B8,28,55,40,C4,8E,21,00,00,1A,01,1D,
......................... 00,72,51,D0,1E,20,6E,28,55,00,C4,8E,21,00,00,1E,01,1D,80,D0, 72,1C,16,20,10,2C,25,80,C4,8E,21,00,
......................... 00,9E,01,1D,80,18,71,1C,16,20,58,2C,25,00,C4,8E,21,00,00,9E, 00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,07

Do I understand it right the in my case have to put the first 4 rows of the real time data in HKR,EDID_OVERRIDE,"0" and the second part in HKR,EDID_OVERRIDE,"1 ", so to look as foll:

HKR,EDID_OVERRIDE,"0",0x01, 0x00,0xFF,0xFF,0xFF,0xFF,0xFF,0xFF,0x00,0x41,0x0C,0x52,0x1E, 0x01,0x01,0x01,0x01,0x1B,0x11,0x01,0x03,0x80,0x47,0x28,0x78, 0x8A,0x28,0x8E,0x9E,0x55,0x48,0x97,0x24,0x16,0x48,0x4B,0xAD, 0xCE,0x00,0x31,0x59,0x45,0x59,0x61,0x59,0x81,0x80,0x01,0x01, 0x01,0x01,0x01,0x01,0x01,0x01,0x66,0x21,0x50,0xB0,0x51,0x00, 0x1B,0x30,0x40,0x70,0x36,0x00,0xC4,0x8E,0x21,0x00,0x00,0x18, 0xA9,0x1A,0x00,0xA0,0x50,0x00,0x16,0x30,0x30,0x20,0x37,0x00, 0xC4,0x8E,0x21,0x00,0x00,0x18,0x00,0x00,0x00,0xFC,0x00,0x57, 0x58,0x47,0x41,0x20,0x54,0x56,0x20,0x28,0x33,0x29,0x0A,0x20, 0x00,0x00,0x00,0xFD,0x00,0x2F,0x55,0x1F,0x50,0x0E,0x00,0x0A, 0x20,0x20,0x20,0x20,0x20,0x20,0x01,0x36

HKR,EDID_OVERRIDE,"1",0x01, 0x02,0x03,0x2C,0x71,0x52,0x1F,0x10,0x20,0x21,0x22,0x14,0x05, 0x93,0x04,0x12,0x11,0x03,0x02,0x01,0x16,0x15,0x07,0x06,0x23, 0x09,0x07,0x07,0x83,0x01,0x00,0x00,0x6C,0x03,0x0C,0x00,0x10, 0x00,0xB8,0x2D,0xC0,0x3D,0x01,0x37,0x01,0x01,0x1D,0x00,0xBC, 0x52,0xD0,0x1E,0x20,0xB8,0x28,0x55,0x40,0xC4,0x8E,0x21,0x00, 0x00,0x1A,0x01,0x1D,0x00,0x72,0x51,0xD0,0x1E,0x20,0x6E,0x28, 0x55,0x00,0xC4,0x8E,0x21,0x00,0x00,0x1E,0x01,0x1D,0x80,0xD0, 0x72,0x1C,0x16,0x20,0x10,0x2C,0x25,0x80,0xC4,0x8E,0x21,0x00, 0x00,0x9E,0x01,0x1D,0x80,0x18,0x71,0x1C,0x16,0x20,0x58,0x2C, 0x25,0x00,0xC4,0x8E,0x21,0x00,0x00,0x9E,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00, 0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x07

Thanks in advance for the help and advise!

I don't think this is going to help you. AFAIK, the EDID override is basically only used when a receiver is between the TV and the HTPC. If you are direct connecting to the TV, you would just be typing in the same EDID values that it already had
post #131 of 3084
No hdmi audio on avr with 8.12 :-( with xp

OS: xp sp3
DRIVERS: Catalyst 8.12 / REALTEK 2.09 / ATI HDMI 2.09
avr: onkyo tx-sr576

the same old story and no correct 16.9 detection in theater mode since 8.9 driver allways have to change in mpc to become the correct aspect value
post #132 of 3084
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aestis View Post

I don't think this is going to help you. AFAIK, the EDID override is basically only used when a receiver is between the TV and the HTPC. If you are direct connecting to the TV, you would just be typing in the same EDID values that it already had

Really dont understand this stuff - will s.o. please explain to me where i am wrong?? As far as I understand you are adding the second line (4 lines of raw data actually) of EDID override for AUDIO information so to be transmitted to the AVR.

As I see it, the EDID info which is in my registry includes only the first 4 lines of raw information. Dosnt this mean that there is no information that the PC can transmit the audio stream to the attached devise - in this case the TV? And as a result the HDMI devise is reported as not plugged in?

EDITED:

EDIDOVERRIDE works also with HTPC - TV only setup and resolves the no hdmi audio issue!!!!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Actually it worked as I thought it should - installed the .inf file with the full EDID data of the TV and after restart FINALY the HDMI audio worked

Hope this information may help someone else also

Thanks for the help
post #133 of 3084
STOP the press

I removed the display (not just reverted the driver ton plug & play)
HDMI is not recognized

SO the 8.12 does not "repaire" the HDMI bug and introduced a new bug with totalmedia

Really a good job from ATI
post #134 of 3084
Hi, i`m new in the forum!
I`m from argentina so my english is not too good
well.. I`ve a Denon 1909 and HIS ATI HD4850 (his support doesn`t exist!) i connected the 4850 to the receiver with dvi-hdmi adapter and hdmi-hdmi cable, no matter what dvi port on the graphics card, or hdmi port on the receiver I use, i can't get audio from the card.

with or without monitor plugged to the receiver.

I tested various drivers versions, modifying EDID like posted above, and no solution, the denon is still detected as dvi device, with hdmi realtek driver i can get the "realtek hda audio output" audio controller but doesnt work!!

tried everything.. im soooo tired...

any with this config working? can send me any help!?

i bought this card for de hdmi audio, and receiver with hdmi hd audio decoder for playing games good and also for htpc but it refuses to work good
post #135 of 3084
Quote:
Originally Posted by venko_g View Post

Really dont understand this stuff - will s.o. please explain to me where i am wrong?? As far as I understand you are adding the second line (4 lines of raw data actually) of EDID override for AUDIO information so to be transmitted to the AVR.

As I see it, the EDED info which is in my registry includes only the first 4 lines of raw information. Dosnt this mean that there is no information that the PC can transmit the audio stream to the attached devise - in this case the TV? And as a result the HDMI devise is reported as not plugged in?

Most of us are dealing with discreet ATI 4XXX cards contected to an AVR and not integrated 3XXX cards connected direct to a TV, so I don't think your problem isn't close to the same we are dealing with.

I found this thread which discusses some bios settings etc. to check for your MB, I hope this helps, good luck.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1042195
post #136 of 3084
Quote:
Originally Posted by alez_arg View Post

Hi, i`m new in the forum!
I`m from argentina so my english is not too good
well.. I`ve a Denon 1909 and HIS ATI HD4850 (his support doesn`t exist!) i connected the 4850 to the receiver with dvi-hdmi adapter and hdmi-hdmi cable, no matter what dvi port on the graphics card, or hdmi port on the receiver I use, i can't get audio from the card.

with or without monitor plugged to the receiver.

I tested various drivers versions, modifying EDID like posted above, and no solution, the denon is still detected as dvi device, with hdmi realtek driver i can get the "realtek hda audio output" audio controller but doesnt work!!

tried everything.. im soooo tired...

any with this config working? can send me any help!?

i bought this card for de hdmi audio, and receiver with hdmi hd audio decoder for playing games good and also for htpc but it refuses to work good

Hello there, i understand your headeache, i've got it until few days ago because of this EDID issue. Take it easy, step by step:

1. From the first post of this thread download the EDIDOverride.zip file
( If you don't have any ideea about all those numbers, don't bother to write your own file, use this one instead, it's working like a charm - tested by me and others - unfortunately only with VISTA for now !)

2. Do the folowing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hortanica View Post

Ok, assuming you have it saved as an .inf file, this is what you do:

Open device manager, right click on the monitor (should be 'generic pnp monitor' or something like that) and chose 'update driver'

in the box that comes up, there's 2 options. the "search automatically" and "browse my computer". Click on "browse my computer"

In that window you'll get an address box and below an option to "let me pick from a list of drivers on my computer", choose the 'let me pick' option.

IN that window you'll click the 'have disk' option. Once that's opened you'll click 'browse' and then locate your inf file and hit open and then ok.

Once you have done that, in the box you should see something like MS EDID overide. choose that and click next. WIndows will install the new driver (make sure you click the 'install anyway' box when it comes up!) and you should get audio.

3. Reinstal the Realtek ATI HDMI Audio 2.09 drivers and Reboot

4. You're good to go with Audio over HDMI

5. Wish a Merry Christmas to RandomFoe and all other people for this great support!
post #137 of 3084
Quote:
Originally Posted by axell View Post

Hello there, i understand your headeache, i've got it until few days ago because of this EDID issue. Take it easy, step by step:


i tried that with no result yesterday, today will try again.

maybe I write a bad inf or some, later will post my edid info and my .inf, maybe is something wrong, but last time the denon was detected as dvi and no audio detected on it.!

merry christmas too, and thanks for help =D
I'm avoiding format, much programs for reinstall
post #138 of 3084
Quote:
Originally Posted by alez_arg View Post


i tried that with no result yesterday, today will try again.

maybe I write a bad inf or some, later will post my edid info and my .inf, maybe is something wrong, but last time the denon was detected as dvi and no audio detected on it.!

merry christmas too, and thanks for help =D
I'm avoiding format, much programs for reinstall

Sorry to hear that, r u using Vista or XP? This one is working only with VISTA. I've had to switch myself form XP to VISTA to get this working.
Do not try to modify that EDIDOverride.zip file, just use it like it is to update your GenericPnP Monitor drivers, reinstall REALTEKATIHDMIAUDIO, reboot & you'll see in CCC a SamsungTV as HDMI Device and that's it!
post #139 of 3084
I hate to bother, but can folks check my data from a few posts back to see if I've got everything correct in my .inf file?

Thanks.

Alex

Edit: This post:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...4#post15262244
post #140 of 3084
Quote:
Originally Posted by redtyler1 View Post

I hate to bother, but can folks check my data from a few posts back to see if I've got everything correct in my .inf file?

Looks ok, just make sure each line is one continuous line when you paste them into the .inf, ie no unwanted line breaks/carriage returns or spaces.
post #141 of 3084
Quote:
Originally Posted by bingobill View Post

Looks ok, just make sure each line is one continuous line when you paste them into the .inf, ie no unwanted line breaks/carriage returns or spaces.

Thanks for looking, I appreciate it.
post #142 of 3084
Quote:
Originally Posted by axell View Post

Sorry to hear that, r u using Vista or XP? This one is working only with VISTA. I've had to switch myself form XP to VISTA to get this working.
Do not try to modify that EDIDOverride.zip file, just use it like it is to update your GenericPnP Monitor drivers, reinstall REALTEKATIHDMIAUDIO, reboot & you'll see in CCC a SamsungTV as HDMI Device and that's it!

I'm using Win XP
so.... there's no solution i think...
I refuse to install vista, and all software!
well. thanks again! maybe later will be a fix o something I guess, meanwhile i keep reading this topic!
post #143 of 3084
Quote:
Originally Posted by kikistan View Post

STOP the press

I removed the display (not just reverted the driver ton plug & play)
HDMI is not recognized

SO the 8.12 does not "repaire" the HDMI bug and introduced a new bug with totalmedia

Really a good job from ATI

good job from ATI[/quote]

Kikisan,

What new TMT bug are you referring to? I think I may have run into it today. Can you point me to a thread/forum that is discussing this?

Thanks,

Wo0zy

Sorry for OT post.
post #144 of 3084
Try to
remove the eddid trick
remove Totalmedia
reboot
then reinstall eddid trick
then totalmedia

In my case it worked
post #145 of 3084
I posted a question similar to this in my video card shopping woes thread, but I just wanted to come to the souce.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1092544

I have a Sony 55A2020, Onkyo SE-674 and a just bought (have not even received it yet) a HIS H467QS512P Radeon HD 4670. Am I going to be without audio over HDMI unless I do as axell and others have posted?

If you were in my situation, would you just send the card back to newegg and buy a nVidia?

Thanks for your help,

Bryan
post #146 of 3084
I tried the new Cat 8.12 drivers with a Yamaha receiver and I could not get it to show up as HDMI or to get the ATI rear audio to show up in the volume control panel. I guess ATI will never figure this out!
post #147 of 3084
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granger View Post

I posted a question similar to this in my video card shopping woes thread, but I just wanted to come to the souce.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1092544

I have a Sony 55A2020, Onkyo SE-674 and a just bought (have not even received it yet) a HIS H467QS512P Radeon HD 4670. Am I going to be without audio over HDMI unless I do as axell and others have posted?

If you were in my situation, would you just send the card back to newegg and buy a nVidia?

I'm waiting for my new Denon 1909 HDMI receiver to be delivered as we speak, so maybe I'll change my mind by later today. But its my impression that this workaround that is posted should be relatively simple, probably will only take about 15 minutes of your time, and then won't have to be touched again.

NVidia's cards by the way still require an internal header from your onboard audio to the video card for the audio, as far as I know. ATI's implementation of HDMI audio might not be the greatest yet (mostly because of drivers), but as far as I'm concerned NVidia's is a step backward from that.
post #148 of 3084
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post

I'm waiting for my new Denon 1909 HDMI receiver to be delivered as we speak, so maybe I'll change my mind by later today. But its my impression that this workaround that is posted should be relatively simple, probably will only take about 15 minutes of your time, and then won't have to be touched again.

NVidia's cards by the way still require an internal header from your onboard audio to the video card for the audio, as far as I know. ATI's implementation of HDMI audio might not be the greatest yet (mostly because of drivers), but as far as I'm concerned NVidia's is a step backward from that.


Thank you, once I get the gear I guess I'll try the work around instead of swapping out the card.

Good luck getting it up and running and please let me know how it went.

-Bryan
post #149 of 3084
Well, everything is working great. The fix works correctly even in Vista x64. I used the posted info somewhere on avsforum for the info for the AVR1909 and used moninfo to get the parameters from my Westinghouse LVM-37W3, and its working great. My only issues were a problem with my Media Center setup which was easily fixed, and guessing which of my two monitors, both of which showed as Generic PnP monitor, was the one connected to the receiver. Looks like I guessed right that the top one was my primary monitor.
post #150 of 3084
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post

Well, everything is working great. The fix works correctly even in Vista x64. I used the posted info somewhere on avsforum for the info for the AVR1909 and used moninfo to get the parameters from my Westinghouse LVM-37W3, and its working great. My only issues were a problem with my Media Center setup which was easily fixed, and guessing which of my two monitors, both of which showed as Generic PnP monitor, was the one connected to the receiver. Looks like I guessed right that the top one was my primary monitor.

Great news. I'm still not sure I understand how to write/use a custom set up (Sony A2020 & Onkyo SR-674), but I will start messing around once I get my gear set up.

I think part of my obsession with this topic stems from having to wait until Christmas before I am able to start playing.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Home Theater Computers
AVS › AVS Forum › Video Components › Home Theater Computers › EDID Override Thread