or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Video Components › Home Theater Computers › EDID Override Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

EDID Override Thread - Page 14

post #391 of 3084
Quote:
Originally Posted by kemac View Post

Do you have a recent system restore point you could roll your system back to before things got mucked up?

Good advice - but careless me kept cleaning the registry between all the re-installs, which filled up my restore points (but yeah, did try the earliest one available but alas it was too late).

I'll probably end up just buying an optical cable and be done with this, if I can't fix the registry myself.
post #392 of 3084
Quote:
Originally Posted by daMaster View Post

Will using an EDID override solve my problem of my ATI Control Center defaulting back to PC Standard Pixel Format when I've set it to Studio Limited? Also, if my TV set is off when I boot up my HTPC then I get no video output after turning my TV on. Will the EDID override also solve that?

Any one?
post #393 of 3084
i removed both catalyst and eddi driver
reboot
reinstall only catalyst 9.1
miracle
it workkkkksssss !
post #394 of 3084
i get a picture and sound - but only stereo pcm - shouldn´t i be able to get dts/5.1 using the HD 3470? thank you
post #395 of 3084
Are you using XP by anychance? From the 9.1 release notes.

The following section provides a summary of open issues that may be experienced
under the Windows XP operating system in the latest version of Catalyst™. These
include:

• Only 2 channel audio is heard when playing back multichannel (Dolby
5.1.DTS) audio through HDMI connector
post #396 of 3084
Quote:
Originally Posted by jochen121 View Post

i get a picture and sound - but only stereo pcm - shouldn´t i be able to get dts/5.1 using the HD 3470? thank you

If you're using Vista then you need to configure the HDMI audio output to support multi-channel audio from the Windows Control Panel. I have a 3470 and I'm able to get 5.1 DTS/AC3 out of my HDMI.
post #397 of 3084
Quote:
Originally Posted by Empirical View Post

Hello, I applaud the work of all who posted here. A damn shame the whole HDMI spec if you ask me, but that is a whole other story. My question for the powers that be is as follows:
First I realize this fix is for Vista nd I am running XP - I can fix that. But what I really want to know is if my issue is likely due to the same factors (EDID info). I have a asus M3A78-EM mobo with a Sony STR-DA5200ES and a KDS60A2020. When I connect HDMI direct to the TV I have full 1920x1080 60hz, when I connect the HDMI to the STR-DA5200ES I get no output to the TV from the HDMI out of the receiver.

Is this likely the same issue and I should follow the steps recommended?(After changing os to Vista)?

Is there anyone who could offer me any input, please?
post #398 of 3084
Quote:
Originally Posted by Empirical View Post

Is there anyone who could offer me any input, please?

You should get something. Is the AVR configured to pass through video?

You could try putting either VNC of maybe "logmein" on the system so once it's fired up you can remote in and see what's being reported. I used logmein today to get a moninfo report from a customers system and it worked well. The POS Panasonic display had a badly broken EDID in this case which I was able to overcome using a custom EDID override file.

Might also be worth trying the latest 9.1 drivers. Seems people are claiming that EDID issues are fixed with these. Haven't tried them yet so can't say for sure.

Wo0zy
post #399 of 3084
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fragster View Post

Hey guys

I have the 2 channel stereo issue over hdmi on my HTPC ...will the EDID fix work for me?

Specs:
780g mobo (hdmi to receiver, hdmi from receiver to 720p projector)
5.1 speakers
Marantz 720p projector
Pio VSX1018 receiver.

I've already reloaded the Realtek hdmi drivers, etc but can't get around the 2 channel stereo sound.

The CCC displays my monitor as 'generic'.

Thanks

PS: If this will work, does anyone have the EDID info for the Pio 1018 and Marantz projector?

Do you get picture through the recever to the tv , but just two channel audio?
post #400 of 3084
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wo0zy View Post
You should get something. Is the AVR configured to pass through video?

You could try putting either VNC of maybe "logmein" on the system so once it's fired up you can remote in and see what's being reported. I used logmein today to get a moninfo report from a customers system and it worked well. The POS Panasonic display had a badly broken EDID in this case which I was able to overcome using a custom EDID override file.

Might also be worth trying the latest 9.1 drivers. Seems people are claiming that EDID issues are fixed with these. Haven't tried them yet so can't say for sure.

Wo0zy
I am using 9.1 drivers, when I connect direct to TV the CC reports HDMi and I can set 1920 x 1080 and play w/ overscan etc (Sony 60a2020) - oddly moninfo reports it can display 1920 x 1080P ( A feature this set was not supposed to have).
When I run it through the STRDA5200es, I am using HDMI2 on the receiver in ( A connection I normally use for a denon hdmi scaling DVD player that I run at 1080i. When I set to this I get absolutely nothing on the tv from the receiver. I did "blindly" run mon info when I had it attache dto the 5200es (hdmi out was also still attached). Moninfo reports weird stuff from the receiver, particularly under CE supported modes it states 1280 X 720 as teh native res????? The receiver can clearly take a 1080 feed as I run the HD fios into it at 1080i and the denon dvd at 1080i?? Here are the two min info files I got.........................any ideas....

 

Sony kds60a2020 Asset info.txt 4.6826171875k . file

 

STRda5200es asset info.txt 4.6845703125k . file
post #401 of 3084
Mine works finally too, picture and sound, no edid, used 2.13 realtek ati driver (did have sound without this driver), used it on windows 7 beta, plugged into dvi port closest to motherboard. I get 2 channel, dd and dts.

XPS 600
Asus HD3850 with hdmi/dvi dongle
Harman Kardon AVR254
Westinghouse W4207
post #402 of 3084
Quote:
Originally Posted by daMaster View Post

If you're using Vista then you need to configure the HDMI audio output to support multi-channel audio from the Windows Control Panel. I have a 3470 and I'm able to get 5.1 DTS/AC3 out of my HDMI.

thank you - i use vista - when i go to sound, select the hdmi device (somehow it is now called "2-High Definition Audio Device" and not something like "ATI HDMI DEVICE" as earlier) and then config i can only test for 2 speakers. i have the options dts and dolby digital enabled, though. maybe i need to install the HDMI_R213 a second time? but i am afraid i might lose the option to use hdmi audio at all
didn´t try the new CCC 9.1, yet, want to hear of possible complications, first.
should i have other setting opportunities in the control panel/sound??
post #403 of 3084
I give up 9.1 makes no difference, I'll just toslink it, I've ordered a sound card lol.

Soundcard is cheaper than HDMI Detective.

graphics = Radeon 4550 (Driver 9.1)
sound = realtek 2.13
OS = Vista 32bit
receiver = Sony Strda2400es

I get video no problem and sound no problem as long as it's stereo only lol

I might get HDMI Detective when it becomes available and I've got any cash in the bank.
post #404 of 3084
As many, I have problems detecting Multi channel on the HDMI Port, Tried everything almost..

Systems : (3 x PC)

HD4870X2
HD4830
HD4550
Vista 32 & 64
HDMI TO : Sony STR-820 : Samsung LE46F86BD

I got always only two channel, tried Realtek ATI HDMI driver (2.09 & 2.13), Original ATI Driver for XP, Catalyst 8.12 & 9.1, Monitor inf created with moninfo... Always the same. No multichannel e no 24bit playback.

What next to try? Thanks!

 

monitor.txt 2.9013671875k . file
post #405 of 3084
Have you installed both the Realtek device driver and the software? I got confused on this for ages as they have 2 different driver packages and you need to install both. If you go to their website you'll see 2 different things both with version 2.09. You can tell they're different due to the file sizes. Make sure you've installed both of these. Then make sure in vista audio device properties you've selected 5+ speakers.
post #406 of 3084
fraggermcg: Yes, since on one PC I have a realtek ALC888S soundcard, I have both installed with their own drivers: Realtek HD Audio driver 2.14, and Realtek ATI HDMI Audio driver 2.13
On the realtek control panel, I cannot set anything different from 2/2.1 Speaker setup, under HDMI output Tab.
Also, I can see just 16/48Khz max output mode when connected to the Sony STR-DG820, but when I connect directly to the TV (Sam LE46F86BD) it goes up to 24/96Khz.. So, I think it's only a problem of EDID.. If someone could give me an hand modifing the inf.. I would apreciate!



--- WAIT!

I found on another forum this:

"The key to get Vista to agree that my STR-DG820 supports 7.1 over HDMI was to select from the AV receiver menus Audio/DEC. PRIO. = DEC. PCM. The default value was DEC. AUTO and that made Vista think that it talks to a 2 channel stereo receiver. As soon as I set the receiver to DEC. PCM., Vista detected the 7.1 support (without even having to reboot the PC)."

So, I'll try this setting at home in couple of hours... Finger crossed !
post #407 of 3084
Quote:
Originally Posted by realogic View Post

fraggermcg: Yes, since on one PC I have a realtek ALC888S soundcard, I have both installed with their own drivers: Realtek HD Audio driver 2.14, and Realtek ATI HDMI Audio driver 2.13
On the realtek control panel, I cannot set anything different from 2/2.1 Speaker setup, under HDMI output Tab.
Also, I can see just 16/48Khz max output mode when connected to the Sony STR-DG820, but when I connect directly to the TV (Sam LE46F86BD) it goes up to 24/96Khz.. So, I think it's only a problem of EDID.. If someone could give me an hand modifing the inf.. I would apreciate!



--- WAIT!

I found on another forum this:

"The key to get Vista to agree that my STR-DG820 supports 7.1 over HDMI was to select from the AV receiver menus Audio/DEC. PRIO. = DEC. PCM. The default value was DEC. AUTO and that made Vista think that it talks to a 2 channel stereo receiver. As soon as I set the receiver to DEC. PCM., Vista detected the 7.1 support (without even having to reboot the PC)."

So, I'll try this setting at home in couple of hours... Finger crossed !

I tried this and it didn't help for me, hopefully it works for you. My receiver is different but similar Sony Strda2400es.
post #408 of 3084
Quote:
Originally Posted by Empirical View Post

I am using 9.1 drivers, when I connect direct to TV the CC reports HDMi and I can set 1920 x 1080 and play w/ overscan etc (Sony 60a2020) - oddly moninfo reports it can display 1920 x 1080P ( A feature this set was not supposed to have).
When I run it through the STRDA5200es, I am using HDMI2 on the receiver in ( A connection I normally use for a denon hdmi scaling DVD player that I run at 1080i. When I set to this I get absolutely nothing on the tv from the receiver. I did "blindly" run mon info when I had it attache dto the 5200es (hdmi out was also still attached). Moninfo reports weird stuff from the receiver, particularly under CE supported modes it states 1280 X 720 as teh native res????? The receiver can clearly take a 1080 feed as I run the HD fios into it at 1080i and the denon dvd at 1080i?? Here are the two min info files I got.........................any ideas....

Can you get a picture through the AVR if you select 720p?

That's not a solution but if you can't even output a timing that's explicitly advertised in the EDID there may be something else going on. If you can output 720p then I may have a suggestion for you.

Wo0zy
post #409 of 3084
skidoo1: YEAH! It worked for me, now I got full LPCM 7.1 output under Realtek Control panel.

One thing: After turning to DEC PCM It still discover it as 2 channel (also with monitor asset manager), it was because the AMP OUT was set to AMP+TV (tv is only 2 channel and it changes itself everytime you connect the TV by HDMI)
So, changed to only AMP and my PC discovered all configurations possible!
post #410 of 3084
I am not able to get DTS pass through on my 4550, whereas i have got a 3850 and everything is working fine. Tried both Vista as well as XP. I have got an ASUS 4550. Has anybody been able to get DTS pass through on this specific card.
post #411 of 3084
hawamahal,

I'm able to do it. How are you testing for DTS passthrough?
post #412 of 3084
Hi Im new in the forum,im from Argentine and I dont speak english very good, but a got the same problem with my notebook HP Pavilion dv5-1132 with vista 32bit spanish leguage and ati 3200, when i conected may hp to my Yamaha 863 trough hdmi i dont have sound.
can you help me please here in Argentine are a lot of guys like you, with the same problems, but we dont have the possibility to reclaim to Ati for very diferently obstacles.
well sorry for my english i know is very bad.

My home
Samsung lcd serie 6 46" a650
Yamaha rx-v863
dvd sony ns-78
Hp Pavilon dv5 -1132la Entertainment PC
post #413 of 3084
Thanks a million to everybody for this thread =) Worked Perfectly with my NAD T175 & Sony HW10 & ATI4870x2. Again Thanks :-)
post #414 of 3084
well so far so good, I've got 5.1, 7.1 working.

I did a clean install of vista 32 bit using cat 9.1 driver and realtek 2.13

connected to Sony strda2400es, set decode=PCM and HDMI audio to AMP only.

fingers crossed it stays working
post #415 of 3084
Ok so i got sound through my 3650 but its only 2 channel. Is this card only capable of this or can i do 5.1/dta? Do i need to download the realtek drivers also? If so which one, the ati hdmi one or one of the other ones? A link would be great so as to alleviate confusion. Im on xp 32 bit by the way.
post #416 of 3084
Somebody please help me out.

HC-5000 Projector
Rotel RSP0169 processor

HKR,EDID_OVERRIDE,"0",0x01,0x00,0xFF,0xFF,0xFF,0xFF,0xFF,0xFF,0x00,0x34,0xAC,0xBE ,0x30,0xEF,0x0E,0x00,0x00,0x0F,0x11,0x01,0x03,0x80,0x00,0x00 ,0x78,0x0A,0x31,0x02,0xA9,0x55,0x52,0xAA,0x24,0x0E,0x45,0x54 ,0x21,0x08,0x00,0x81,0xC0,0x81,0x80,0x90,0x40,0xA9,0x40,0x01 ,0x01,0x01,0x01,0x01,0x01,0x01,0x01,0x02,0x3A,0x80,0x18,0x71 ,0x38,0x2D,0x40,0x58,0x2C,0x45,0x00,0xC4,0x8E,0x21,0x00,0x00 ,0x1E,0x02,0x3A,0x80,0xD0,0x72,0x38,0x2D,0x40,0x10,0x2C,0x45 ,0x80,0xC4,0x8E,0x21,0x00,0x00,0x1E,0x00,0x00,0x00,0xFC,0x00 ,0x48,0x43,0x35,0x30,0x30,0x30,0x2D,0x48,0x44,0x4D,0x49,0x0A ,0x20,0x00,0x00,0x00,0xFD,0x00,0x18,0x3D,0x0F,0x64,0x11,0x00 ,0x0A,0x20,0x20,0x20,0x20,0x20,0x20,0x01,0x12,0x02,0x03,0x1B ,0x31,0x50,0x90,0x1F,0x20,0x05,0x14,0x04,0x13,0x03,0x02,0x12 ,0x11,0x16,0x15,0x07,0x06,0x01,0x65,0x03,0x0C,0x00,0x10,0x00 ,0x66,0x21,0x50,0xB0,0x51,0x00,0x1B,0x30,0x40,0x70,0x36,0x00 ,0xC1,0x8E,0x21,0x00,0x00,0x1E,0x0E,0x1F,0x00,0x80,0x51,0x00 ,0x1E,0x30,0x40,0x80,0x37,0x00,0x97,0x8E,0x21,0x00,0x00,0x1A ,0x01,0x1D,0x80,0x3E,0x73,0x38,0x2D,0x40,0x7E,0x2C,0x45,0x80 ,0xC4,0x83,0x21,0x00,0x00,0x1E,0x01,0x1D,0x80,0x18,0x71,0x1C ,0x16,0x20,0x58,0x2C,0x25,0x00,0xC4,0x8E,0x21,0x00,0x00,0x9E ,0x01,0x1D,0x80,0xD0,0x72,0x1C,0x16,0x20,0x10,0x2C,0x25,0x80 ,0xC4,0x8E,0x21,0x00,0x00,0x9E,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00 ,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x01
HKR,EDID_OVERRIDE,"1",0x01,0x00,0xFF,0xFF,0xFF,0xFF,0xFF,0xFF,0x00,0x16,0x92,0x48 ,0x36,0x01,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x30,0x0F,0x01,0x03,0x80,0x00,0x00 ,0x78,0x0A,0x31,0x02,0xA9,0x55,0x52,0xAA,0x24,0x0E,0x45,0x54 ,0x20,0x00,0x00,0x01,0x01,0x01,0x01,0x01,0x01,0x01,0x01,0x01 ,0x01,0x01,0x01,0x01,0x01,0x01,0x01,0x00,0x00,0x00,0xFC,0x00 ,0x52,0x53,0x58,0x31,0x30,0x35,0x38,0x0A,0x20,0x20,0x20,0x20 ,0x20,0x00,0x00,0x00,0xFD,0x00,0x18,0x3D,0x0F,0x64,0x11,0x00 ,0x0A,0x20,0x20,0x20,0x20,0x20,0x20,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00 ,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00 ,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00 ,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x01,0x60,0x02,0x03,0x2E ,0x72,0x4E,0x84,0x02,0x03,0x05,0x06,0x07,0x10,0x11,0x12,0x13 ,0x14,0x15,0x16,0x1F,0x2F,0x09,0x07,0x01,0x0F,0x7F,0x07,0x09 ,0x7F,0x07,0x15,0x07,0x38,0x3D,0x07,0xC0,0x83,0x0F,0x00,0x00 ,0x66,0x03,0x0C,0x00,0x13,0x00,0x80,0x01,0x1D,0x00,0x72,0x51 ,0xD0,0x1E,0x20,0x6E,0x28,0x55,0x00,0xC4,0x8E,0x21,0x00,0x00 ,0x1E,0x01,0x1D,0x00,0xBC,0x52,0xD0,0x1E,0x20,0xB8,0x28,0x55 ,0x40,0xC4,0x8E,0x21,0x00,0x00,0x1E,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00 ,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00 ,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00 ,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00 ,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,0xCD

Info:
ROTEL
Raw data................. 00,FF,FF,FF,FF,FF,FF,00,16,92,48,36,01,00,00,00,30,0F,01,03, 80,00,00,78,0A,31,02,A9,55,52,AA,24,
......................... 0E,45,54,20,00,00,01,01,01,01,01,01,01,01,01,01,01,01,01,01, 01,01,00,00,00,FC,00,52,53,58,31,30,
......................... 35,38,0A,20,20,20,20,20,00,00,00,FD,00,18,3D,0F,64,11,00,0A, 20,20,20,20,20,20,00,00,00,00,00,00,
......................... 00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00, 00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,01,60,
......................... 02,03,2E,72,4E,84,02,03,05,06,07,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,1F,2F, 09,07,01,0F,7F,07,09,7F,07,15,07,38,
......................... 3D,07,C0,83,0F,00,00,66,03,0C,00,13,00,80,01,1D,00,72,51,D0, 1E,20,6E,28,55,00,C4,8E,21,00,00,1E,
......................... 01,1D,00,BC,52,D0,1E,20,B8,28,55,40,C4,8E,21,00,00,1E,00,00, 00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,
......................... 00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00, 00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,CD


Misubish
Raw data................. 00,FF,FF,FF,FF,FF,FF,00,34,AC,BE,30,EF,0E,00,00,0F,11,01,03, 80,00,00,78,0A,31,02,A9,55,52,AA,24,
......................... 0E,45,54,21,08,00,81,C0,81,80,90,40,A9,40,01,01,01,01,01,01, 01,01,02,3A,80,18,71,38,2D,40,58,2C,
......................... 45,00,C4,8E,21,00,00,1E,02,3A,80,D0,72,38,2D,40,10,2C,45,80, C4,8E,21,00,00,1E,00,00,00,FC,00,48,
......................... 43,35,30,30,30,2D,48,44,4D,49,0A,20,00,00,00,FD,00,18,3D,0F, 64,11,00,0A,20,20,20,20,20,20,01,12,
......................... 02,03,1B,31,50,90,1F,20,05,14,04,13,03,02,12,11,16,15,07,06, 01,65,03,0C,00,10,00,66,21,50,B0,51,
......................... 00,1B,30,40,70,36,00,C1,8E,21,00,00,1E,0E,1F,00,80,51,00,1E, 30,40,80,37,00,97,8E,21,00,00,1A,01,
......................... 1D,80,3E,73,38,2D,40,7E,2C,45,80,C4,83,21,00,00,1E,01,1D,80, 18,71,1C,16,20,58,2C,25,00,C4,8E,21,
......................... 00,00,9E,01,1D,80,D0,72,1C,16,20,10,2C,25,80,C4,8E,21,00,00, 9E,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,01
post #417 of 3084
Quote:
Originally Posted by jochen121 View Post

thank you - i use vista - when i go to sound, select the hdmi device (somehow it is now called "2-High Definition Audio Device" and not something like "ATI HDMI DEVICE" as earlier) and then config i can only test for 2 speakers. i have the options dts and dolby digital enabled, though. maybe i need to install the HDMI_R213 a second time? but i am afraid i might lose the option to use hdmi audio at all
didn´t try the new CCC 9.1, yet, want to hear of possible complications, first.
should i have other setting opportunities in the control panel/sound??

after re-installing the hdmi_R213 a 2nd time i have now working dts sound
post #418 of 3084
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wo0zy View Post

Can you get a picture through the AVR if you select 720p?

That's not a solution but if you can't even output a timing that's explicitly advertised in the EDID there may be something else going on. If you can output 720p then I may have a suggestion for you.

Wo0zy

I ran the resolution to the AVR (5200es) @ 1280 x 720 and still not a thing, no picture no sound. I can still run it to the TV at 1920 x 1080 and the CCC shows HDMI connection and passes 2 channel audio.
I wonder has no one else heard of no picture through AVR via HDMI? Everyone else is able to get picture with just audio problem?

Asus M3A78-EM --->STR-DA5200ES -->KDS60A2020 = nada
Asus M3A78-EM --->KDS60A2020 = 1920 x 1080 (spdif to STR-DA5200ES
post #419 of 3084
Quote:
Originally Posted by Empirical View Post

I ran the resolution to the AVR (5200es) @ 1280 x 720 and still not a thing, no picture no sound. I can still run it to the TV at 1920 x 1080 and the CCC shows HDMI connection and passes 2 channel audio.
I wonder has no one else heard of no picture through AVR via HDMI? Everyone else is able to get picture with just audio problem?

Asus M3A78-EM --->STR-DA5200ES -->KDS60A2020 = nada
Asus M3A78-EM --->KDS60A2020 = 1920 x 1080 (spdif to STR-DA5200ES

Sorry mate but it really sounds more like an AVR issue/ config problem in that case.

Is there such a thing as video pass through mode on the 5200?

Can't offer you any other help. Sorry

Wo0zy
post #420 of 3084
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcmike View Post

hawamahal,

I'm able to do it. How are you testing for DTS passthrough?

I am using MPC and ACFilter and the setup is as http://blogo.biz/?p=24

When i use my Saphire HD3850 everything is working fine and on the AVR255 it says Dolby Digital as Input. Whereas keeping all the setting the same when i connect it using Asus 4550, i get a continuous hissing sound. I have to stop DTS/AC3 passthrough in ACFilter to get sound. then i get Multi PCM.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Home Theater Computers
AVS › AVS Forum › Video Components › Home Theater Computers › EDID Override Thread