OK my O4HD arrived via UPS in perfect condition, new in the box. I know I'm very late to the party, but here are some first impressions & a few comments and questions:
1) The build quality is very good. Solid. And it's bigger than I thought it would be.
2) Absolutely quite. Impressive.
3) Wireless setup - I initally had problems because the default password format is all upper case and my PW is all lower case. Also, the network connection seemed flakey at first until I realized that the O4HD did not play nice with my wireless Grace Digital Internet Tuner - no biggie, I'll just turn it off until needed (BTW, the Grace allows me to access my Sirius and Pandora accounts.)
Question: although the icon tells me that the wireless connnection is 3 bars strong, I'm wondering if another antenna would make an improvement? Is anyone using the wireless setup using two antennae?
4) Burning CDs - seems straightforward. I like the summary screen that states all tracks have been successfully ripped. As for the operation, I'm used to immediate feedback, but the O4HD takes it's time for just about every operation (except playback of ripped music, which is instant)
5) User experience - a tad frustrating - slow and a non-inuitive UI comes to mind. But lots and lots of options to learn about and play with. I'm going to spend the next month or so importing my CDs into the Olive, and then built my playlists. As for Maestro, I'm ticked off I have to install Firefox (Olive must have some kind of deal with them) to use it. When I imported Yes's Greatest Hits last night, the cover art was not retrieved, so thia AM using Maestro, I found the cover art online, downloaded to my PC, as selected it for uplaod. Well, Maestro gives no feedback that the upload is successful - bad programming IMHO. But, when I checked the Olive unit some time later, the artwork had indeed uploaded successfully.
I did update to the latest SW, and last night the O4HD did a disk scan. Everything is good to go.
All in all, I'm very pleased with my purchase, and the fact that I got a new unit for a substantial discount makes it a very sweet deal.