or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

World War Z - Page 4

post #91 of 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by reverse View Post

World War Z is an upcoming post-apocalyptic horror film directed by Marc Forster and written by Matthew Michael Carnahan. It is based on the novel of the same name by Max Brooks. Brad Pitt stars as Gerry Lane, a worker at the United Nations, as he searches the globe for information that can stop the zombie outbreak that is bringing down nations. World War Z - Wikipedia
These zombies seem to move a lot faster than in other movies, maybe they workout?


Anyone see this Brad Pitt Commercial?

Terrible. Terrible. Terrible. Its reported he made $7 million. Sign me up! smile.gif


post #92 of 292
^^^ SNL did a pre-filmed multi-part skit on that ad during an episode earlier this fall. I hadn't seen the commercial then, and it was still hi-larious. tongue.gif
post #93 of 292
WOW!

I can't wait to see this zombie movie!

I read a lot of the reviews from people who read the book and most don't think much of the upcoming movie but I didn't read the book so if the movie doesn't follow it I don't care. Just watching the trailer is enough for me to really look forward to this zombie flick.
post #94 of 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angler55 View Post


I read a lot of the reviews from people who read the book and most don't think much of the upcoming movie .
Didn't think much of a movie they haven't seen?
I love the internet....wink.gif
post #95 of 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

Didn't think much of a movie they haven't seen?
I love the internet....wink.gif

Yeah, my apologies.
Going back to some sites I can see these folks were just complaining that the movie wasn't scripted like the book. I guess I should be more careful.

Anyway, if it's like the book or not, I'm still excited about seeing it.
post #96 of 292
It's not really possible to fit an entire book into a 2-3 hour movie.
When adapting a book, screenwriters are given some leeway to constricting something that works on the screen (rather than in print).

I read the book and thought it was terrific.
Really looking forward to this flick.....
post #97 of 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

It's not really possible to fit an entire book into a 2-3 hour movie.

The biggest obstacle in trying to stay faithful to this book is that the book has shifting perspectives and a vast array of characters. That's tough to pull off in a movie and almost impossible in an action movie. Having to introduce new characters and situations every so often slows down the storytelling, making it the antithesis of action and suspense. And zombie movies are certainly suspenseful and usually action packed nowadays (and even back in the day they had a lot going on.)

The only way I could conceive of it working that way would be to continue the pseudo-documentary tone of the book and expanding it to a film series or TV show (although as The Walking Dead has shown, zombies on TV is not a cheap undertaking, and now you're talking a global scale.)

I suppose it's inevitable that a book that is this popular would be made into a movie, which would also tap into the existing zombie film fanbase, but the filmmakers are really fighting with a foot in a bucket on this.
post #98 of 292
With The Walking Dead a huge hit on TV it would have been seen as nuts to do this project as a series. It had to be a movie. But unfortunately, it looks like they have dropped the ball in every single way (script, the director, fx). Just the idea of a PG-13 zombie movie is ludicrous. The entire subject matter is adult in nature. So we will see an R rated type zombie production on television, but a castrated zombie production in theaters.
post #99 of 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_Stevens View Post

With The Walking Dead a huge hit on TV it would have been seen as nuts to do this project as a series. It had to be a movie.

I think they might have gotten away with a TV show, or at least a mini-series if they didn't want to directly compete. It's not like people are sick of zombie media just yet, and they could have been more faithful to the book, assuming they didn't have Walking Dead's second season budget problems.
post #100 of 292
World War Z should have been THE zombie series for TV, instead of the ludicrous Walking Dead.
post #101 of 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_Stevens View Post

With The Walking Dead a huge hit on TV it would have been seen as nuts to do this project as a series. It had to be a movie. But unfortunately, it looks like they have dropped the ball in every single way (script, the director, fx). Just the idea of a PG-13 zombie movie is ludicrous. The entire subject matter is adult in nature. So we will see an R rated type zombie production on television, but a castrated zombie production in theaters.

Yup.
post #102 of 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

World War Z should have been THE zombie series for TV, instead of the ludicrous Walking Dead.
Ludicrous/ It's probably one of the great comic book series ever created. The TV show... it doees nothing for me. But that's the fault of AMC and the direction it chose from the get go.
post #103 of 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_Stevens View Post

The TV show... it doees nothing for me. But that's the fault of AMC and the direction it chose from the get go.
+1
post #104 of 292
Saw the trailer in a full theater for Django Unchained crowd was like..."is this zombies? this isn't zombies..."
post #105 of 292
Anyone in NJ/NY want to see this tonight? The NJ Zombie Walk had a few tickets to give away and it looks like it's still available.

Rsvp code: NJZOMBDZ2T

http://www.gofobo.com/RSVP
post #106 of 292
Looks like Brad Pitt was there last night to introduce the movie. One dude is screaming like a woman. Glad I didn't go or that would have been me. tongue.gif
post #107 of 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizzack View Post

Anyone in NJ/NY want to see this tonight? The NJ Zombie Walk had a few tickets to give away and it looks like it's still available.

Rsvp code: NJZOMBDZ2T

http://www.gofobo.com/RSVP

Quite the advance showing as this is due out June 21st? Very cool. Hope it is good. Lots of bad publicity around this with re-shoots and script re-works etc. An then Lindelof came in like he did with Prometheus so YIKES. eek.gif

But at $200,000,000 budget this has to be the biggest budgeted Zombie flic ever so I have my fingers crossed. Probably, the best way to see this is to not place it in the World War Z universe, and just look at it like a stand alone Z flic.
Edited by GoCaboNow - 5/23/13 at 4:42pm
post #108 of 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCaboNow View Post

Probably, the best way to see this is to not place it in the World War Z universe, and just look at it like a stand alone Z flic.
I heard this is being set up as a franchise.
Having read the book (BTW, best Z book ever), I can where that's a real possibility.smile.gif
post #109 of 292
It has nearly nothing to do with the book. Nothing at all. They threw it out and pretty much started from scratch and began filming without a finished script and then re-shot the last third of the film almost a year later.

This thing is going to be a huge turkey.
post #110 of 292
I just can't understand how this movie can possibly be any good at all and still be rated PG-13!

Maybe I'm just old and cynical and if I was a Producer I'd probaly go broke but is Hollywood really that money hungry?

I was really looking forward to this movie but the more I think about the more disgusted I get!

Al
post #111 of 292
I read some test screen reviews where they describe the lack of blood and how it makes certain scenes confusing. People scream in terror as they are bit and yet there is no blood at all. No evidence they have actually had teeth sunk into their skin. It's completely bloodless according to all who have seen it.

Yet on TV Network television has bucket and buckets of blood these days.

The PG-13 rating is broken. Has been for some time.
post #112 of 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_Stevens View Post

It has nearly nothing to do with the book. Nothing at all. They threw it out and pretty much started from scratch and began filming without a finished script and then re-shot the last third of the film almost a year later.
NOT a good sign.

Quote:
This thing is going to be a huge turkey.
Let's hope not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angler55 View Post

I just can't understand how this movie can possibly be any good at all and still be rated PG-13!
Don't get all cynical now....biggrin.gif

FWIW, I don't think an R,or any other rating, is ANY indication of how good a movie is.
In 4 weeks we will see if it was worth the wait or not.wink.gif
post #113 of 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_Stevens View Post

I read some test screen reviews where they describe the lack of blood and how it makes certain scenes confusing. People scream in terror as they are bit and yet there is no blood at all. No evidence they have actually had teeth sunk into their skin. It's completely bloodless according to all who have seen it.

Yet on TV Network television has bucket and buckets of blood these days.

The PG-13 rating is broken. Has been for some time.

A zombie movie without blood? Next you're gonna tell me vampires sparkle.

Sigh.
post #114 of 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_Stevens View Post

It has nearly nothing to do with the book. Nothing at all. They threw it out and pretty much started from scratch and began filming without a finished script and then re-shot the last third of the film almost a year later.

This thing is going to be a huge turkey.

No doubt. I have my expectations extremely low for this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_Stevens View Post

I read some test screen reviews where they describe the lack of blood and how it makes certain scenes confusing. People scream in terror as they are bit and yet there is no blood at all. No evidence they have actually had teeth sunk into their skin. It's completely bloodless according to all who have seen it.

Yet on TV Network television has bucket and buckets of blood these days.

The PG-13 rating is broken. Has been for some time.

Ugh!
post #115 of 292
Brad Pitt in another clunker, eh? Oh well, he's still got Angie and his hobby of collecting third world children to take his mind off the fact that he's pissing his career away.
post #116 of 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

(BTW, best Z book ever)

WORD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_Stevens View Post

I read some test screen reviews where they describe the lack of blood and how it makes certain scenes confusing. People scream in terror as they are bit and yet there is no blood at all. No evidence they have actually had teeth sunk into their skin. It's completely bloodless according to all who have seen it.

Yet on TV Network television has bucket and buckets of blood these days.

The PG-13 rating is broken. Has been for some time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizzack View Post

A zombie movie without blood? Next you're gonna tell me vampires sparkle.

Sigh.

Who needs blood if it has intestines?smile.gif
post #117 of 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratpacker View Post

Brad Pitt in another clunker, eh?
Huh?

Quote:
Oh well, he's still got Angie and his hobby of collecting third world children to take his mind off the fact that he's pissing his career away.
Yeah, what an a$$hole.....
post #118 of 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCaboNow View Post

WORD

Who needs blood if it has intestines?smile.gif
I do
post #119 of 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_Stevens View Post

It has nearly nothing to do with the book. Nothing at all. They threw it out and pretty much started from scratch and began filming without a finished script and then re-shot the last third of the film almost a year later.

This thing is going to be a huge turkey.
The previews guarantee that for anybody who read the book. And from strictly a zombie movie viewpoint I'm already calling shenanigans. smile.gif
post #120 of 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Kenobi View Post

I do

Spilling intestines > spilling blood tongue.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home