or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Video Components › Home Theater Computers › Asus Xonar HDAV1.3 Deluxe Analog thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Asus Xonar HDAV1.3 Deluxe Analog thread - Page 6

post #151 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalupacabra View Post

  • Does the analog card need to be next to the Xonar as the manual says? On my board (DG45ID), the vid card has to go in the middle two slots.
    It just needs to hook up to it with the the flat cable.
    http://stgdz.shackspace.com/Shack/Co...pc/ziptied.JPG
    You can see it rite here, its below the xonar. You want to keep it as far away from the CPU and the video card as possible so it doesn't pick up any EM. It doesn't have an active PCI plug on it. Just a dummy so you can push it in the slot
  • To get proper lossless analog output, is it necessary to use the ASUS TMT3 or does the retail one also work fine?
    Asus TMT3, and you need to download it from the asus website.
  • If the ASUS TMT is necessary, can the ASUS and retail TMT3 peacefully coexist? I'd hate to have a big mess from doubling up conflicts.
    I don't think you can use them together
[/i]

See answers in bold
post #152 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phorze View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originally Posted by desertdome View Post

I have the Essence ST with the H6 add-on board. Recently J. River Media Center 14 included the ability to set speaker distances, levels and polarity. It works with music, movies, and TV if you have a tuner for your HTPC. I play everything through JRMC so this feature is great.

Hey, does your setup output hd audio properly through analog? without downsampling?

I rip the Blu-rays to an MKV with lossless FLAC before watching them. If I was to use commercial software, it would still downsample.
post #153 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by stgdz View Post

See answers in bold

Thanks for your reply!

I guess I'll have to uninstall the retail TMT3 then. Ah well, an HTPC is nothing if not an ongoing experiment.
post #154 of 169
How long does it take you guys to play a bluray when you select the TMT3 icon? I have timed mine and it takes about 1-2 mins from clicking the icon to play the blu ray, and that is getting the warning screen.
post #155 of 169
Hello all,

I've just purchased this card.
After some trouble to configure everything, it's now running quite nicely, with analog out.

After reading through this thread, I have 2 questions:

1. Retail TMT3 vs. Asus TMT3
you all seem to say that the Asus version of TMT3 is required.
But this is not maintained anymore (ArcSoft say that there is no plan for any update), and from what I've seen in Arcsoft's forum, they say have backported the HDAV specific stuff to the retail version, starting from .170 normally.
But it's very difficult to know whether this is working correctly without any downsampling.

Do you think think it's ok now to use the retail version instead of the Asus specific? How can we make sure that there is no downsampling?


2. TMT3, Xonar and ReClock
Did anybody managed to make TMT3, Xonar and ReClock work together?
With ReClock running, I get no sound at all when playing a DTS HD-MA (ex: Avatar), and ReClock reports "48000 2ch LCPM 16 bits" for the audio stream.
Without ReClock, works nicely (but will have occasionally some frame drops).
ReClock works with mkvs played by ffdshow on the Xonar.

Many thanks for your answers
post #156 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by stgdz View Post

How long does it take you guys to play a bluray when you select the TMT3 icon? I have timed mine and it takes about 1-2 mins from clicking the icon to play the blu ray, and that is getting the warning screen.

35 seconds on Avatar using .175. I heard of 20 seconds.
post #157 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by crisliv View Post

Hello all,

I've just purchased this card.
After some trouble to configure everything, it's now running quite nicely, with analog out.

After reading through this thread, I have 2 questions:

1. Retail TMT3 vs. Asus TMT3
you all seem to say that the Asus version of TMT3 is required.
But this is not maintained anymore (ArcSoft say that there is no plan for any update), and from what I've seen in Arcsoft's forum, they say have backported the HDAV specific stuff to the retail version, starting from .170 normally.
But it's very difficult to know whether this is working correctly without any downsampling.

Do you think think it's ok now to use the retail version instead of the Asus specific? How can we make sure that there is no downsampling?


2. TMT3, Xonar and ReClock
Did anybody managed to make TMT3, Xonar and ReClock work together?
With ReClock running, I get no sound at all when playing a DTS HD-MA (ex: Avatar), and ReClock reports "48000 2ch LCPM 16 bits" for the audio stream.
Without ReClock, works nicely (but will have occasionally some frame drops).
ReClock works with mkvs played by ffdshow on the Xonar.

Many thanks for your answers

Hi,

I'm using the retail version of TMT (platinum) and when I'm watching Avatar Blu-ray using Xonars analog 5.1 outputs and using the info window to display codec and resolution and there is says that the codec is DTS HD Master 48/24 so it looks to me like the TMT .170 version is not downsampling the audio track.

Regards,

-Toby
post #158 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toube View Post

I'm using the retail version of TMT (platinum) and when I'm watching Avatar Blu-ray using Xonars analog 5.1 outputs and using the info window to display codec and resolution and there is says that the codec is DTS HD Master 48/24 so it looks to me like the TMT .170 version is not downsampling the audio track.

Hi Toby,

many thanks for your answer.

Yes this is consistent with my findings, which tends to prove that the Asus version of TMT3 can be left out. That's good news, the Asus version had quite some limitations.

About the other question: are you using ReClock? If yes, did you manage to get any sound out with TMT3 v170 & Xonar analog out?

I'm really stuck there.

I found that using former version of TMT3 (v160 for ex), I could use ReClock with sound, but at the price of downsampling.

I'm starting to think that the reason it's not working anymore with 170+ is that ArcSoft backported the Xonar support to the retail version, and that it's not downsampling anymore, but it requires PAP now. And since ReClock might not be PAP compliant, therefore no sound...
Am I right?

Thanks
post #159 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by crisliv View Post

Hi Toby,

many thanks for your answer.

Yes this is consistent with my findings, which tends to prove that the Asus version of TMT3 can be left out. That's good news, the Asus version had quite some limitations.

About the other question: are you using ReClock? If yes, did you manage to get any sound out with TMT3 v170 & Xonar analog out?

I'm really stuck there.

I found that using former version of TMT3 (v160 for ex), I could use ReClock with sound, but at the price of downsampling.

I'm starting to think that the reason it's not working anymore with 170+ is that ArcSoft backported the Xonar support to the retail version, and that it's not downsampling anymore, but it requires PAP now. And since ReClock might not be PAP compliant, therefore no sound...
Am I right?

Thanks

Hi,

no I'm not using reClock. I'm pretty new to this stuff. I could give reClock a try and see if the analog sound go dead.
post #160 of 169
Does this send full frequency to all channels? For those using it as a pre/pro, are you adding filters to your smaller center/surround speakers?
post #161 of 169
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruiner View Post

Does this send full frequency to all channels? For those using it as a pre/pro, are you adding filters to your smaller center/surround speakers?

Just quick answer; Yes, full fidelity to all channels. Use good sheilded rca cables to preamp/amp.

Rew
post #162 of 169
I recently acquired a used Xonar HDAV 1.3 Deluxe soundcard, installed it in a home built HTPC today, and ran into a problem similar to the member below. With 5X speakers + powered sub connected, and 5.1 speakers selected within Win7's speaker configuration tab, when I send a test tone to each speaker the left+right front, center, and sub work properly. However, the left side surround tone gets routed to the left front speaker and right side surround routes to the right front speaker. This effect is the same using Asus' latest HDAV drivers or a third-party Unified driver designed for the HDAV. I triple checked the RCA connections from HDAV analog outs to power amp inputs (Rotel RMB-1077) to ensure I didn't physically mis-route the HDAV's output.

I haven't tried playback of multi-channel audio content with any player yet (though I plan to use J.River Media Center v16x) because I thought it best to do basic sound function checks within Windows first.

Any ideas on how to get the side surround test tones routed to side surround speakers instead of the front speakers?

Thanks.

Eric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toube View Post

Hi,

I have just purchased the Xonar Deluxe version for my htpc setup and here's the specs:

Silverstone ATX HTPC-kotelo, SST-LC16B-MR
Corsair 650W 650HX
Asus P7P55D-E, LGA1156, P55, DDR3, USB3.0
Intel Core i5 750, 2.66GHz, LGA1156, 8MB
G.Skill 4GB (2x2GB) Dual kit ECO, DDR3 1333 MHz
ASUS XONAR HDAV1.3 DELUXE
Asus Radeon HD 5750 Formula, 1GB, GDDR5
1 TB WD
Logitech diNovo Edge
Win 7 Pro, Windows Media Center
ArcSoft TotalMedia Theatre 3 Platinum (latest version)
Arcam AVP-700 using 5.1 analogs with Xonar

My problems is that I can't get the analog outs to work correctly using the latest asus drivers. I have selected the 5.1 analogs and when I test the speakers, it only gives test signals from surround back L+ R into front channels and center speaker seems to work. But no sound is coming from front L + R speakers.

Anyone here with similar issue?
there's a thread in asus forums with these problems with topic:
Asus Xonar HDAV1.3 Deluxe 5.1 only 3 speakers working
post #163 of 169
Have you tried the hdmi?
post #164 of 169
Hello,

Sorry for my english. I have this card connected to Amplified speakers. If i use the SPDIF in with a jack for analog imput all is ok. when i use optical imput with the adaptator for exemple connecvt un player bluray 5.1i not have sound. Anybody help me for the setup. I have windows seven 64 bit with the ultimate driver.

Thank you in advance


Christian
post #165 of 169
You have to set the output of bd player to 2 ch pcm. It's shared input with line in/mic in. See pages 2, 39, and 40 of the pdf manual.
post #166 of 169
Thank you for your answer. I have allready sound in the speakers but not in 5.1 only stereo. Is not possible to have 5.1 with SPDIF optical?

Thank you


Christian
post #167 of 169
Reviving an old thread. I do have a legacy AV amplifier which have excellent sound, but does not support HDMI. I do not intent to replace it as of now and am looking for an HTPC solution supporting full non-downsampled 7.1 channel analog output for BD audio.

It will be very helpful to me if the respected members/ moderators of this forum can respond to my following queries:

1) Does the HDAV 1.3 Deluxe support full non-downsampled 7.1 channel analog out upto 24-bit/ 192 kHz Blue ray audio of Dolby True HD and DTS Master Audio? It is my primary requirement.

2) Do I need the latest Asus version of Arcsoft Total Media Theater 3 (ver 3.0.13.144) to get full non-downsampled 7.1 channel analog out in Windows 7 x64 for HD audio formats?

3) Do using the latest commercial release of TMT give me downsampled 7.1 channel analog out in Windows 7 x64 for HD audio formats?

4) Can I use it to play simple PCM 7.1 channel audio other than HD audio formats?

5) I have seen in some posts people complaining the Asus version of TMT 3 (ver 3.0.13.144) does not produce non-downsampled 7.1 channel analog out from 7.1 DTS MA and are limited to 5.1. Is this true?

It will be great if I get some response soon. I will bank on the inputs from you guys to have a HDAV 1.3 Deluxe.

Thanks in advance!!!
post #168 of 169

Hi guys,

 

I am new here :)

 

Soon I added to my sound card - Asus Xonar 1.3 HDAV, H6 extension board, and I have the following problem with my Logitech Z906 5.1 system.

First issue, the front speakers do not work (only the rear , center and subwoofer)

Second, by prescription I connected on the back of Logitech subwoofer (via RCA cables) in 3.5 mm analog outputs in the following way :

Front speakers - green

Subwoofer / Center - orange

Back / Side speakers - black

But this way , when I tested the sound in Xonar HDAV Center, instead of the L / R Surround speakers play the front L / R speakers.

Then I changed the green and black 3.5 mm jack , now things are OK but the other 2 Front speakers doesn’t work at any settings.

I have the following system :
Xonar HDAV1.3 driver for Windows 7 64 bit - Version: 7.12.8.1794
MB: Gigabyte GA-P35T-DQ6
CPU: Intel Q9300 quad core
RAM: 8 GB DDR3

Asking for your help.

post #169 of 169

Hi everyone! I'm thinking of upgrading my HTPC running Windows 8.1. x64 OS and Mediaportal 1.6.0 front-end with the Asus Xonar HDAV1.3 + Asus Xonar H6 analogue RCA-board to be able to playback blu-ray discs with non-downsampled DTS-HD/MA and Dolby True HD 7.1 channel audio.

 

Blu-rays are played back either fully ripped from HDD or from the internal blu-ray drive.

 

The analogue outputs will feed a 7-channel NAD T977 poweramp.

 

I've read parts of this massive thread but If someone could advice me shortly if there are any particular downsides or "thing to think about" before going through with my upgrade I'd be very happy.

 

The downsampling issues only regards when outputting 7.1 through HDMI (to a integrated surroundreciever/external decoder) ?? Will I get non-downsampled 24/192-audio through the analogu outputs from all my blu-ray discs?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Home Theater Computers
AVS › AVS Forum › Video Components › Home Theater Computers › Asus Xonar HDAV1.3 Deluxe Analog thread