Originally Posted by pclausen
That's awesome! How are you identifying which of your titles are BD and which are DVD? Are you using the MM back end (which does create Metadata with this info), and then added code to parse this additional data? If so, would it be possible to add code to also parse the sort titles from the MM XML? That would allow us to finally sort movie series in the proper order.
I took the liberty of posting your screenshots over on the MB forum in the hopes that they will add this feature to a future build.
I am using the XML files created by MM so I started with the route of attempting to read the metadata that is already there. However, I obviously haven't figured out exactly how it is getting this data because my efforts to add the additional reads don't work (doesn't blow up, just doesn't get the data).
So, I went another route. There are methods already inside one of the objects that check to see if a title is a BD or HDDVD by looking at the content of the folders (so this will only work for folder structures, not isos). I piggybacked off of those methods to add to the metadatastore of the item objects and got the info I needed to display the frames. It only looks at the folder structures the first time so as not to slow everything down everytime you page through. After that, it has the flag already set and can just refer to it.
Been out of town for a week but I'm going to look at this again tomorrow to see if I can get it to read the metadata - unless of course the real developers have already implemented this. Those guys have been pretty quick with the improvements.