Originally Posted by rwpritchett
Has anyone been able to successfully get TMT5 to work with media browser and blu-ray folders?
I've applied the unofficial hotfix
which allows the movie to play, but it's not fullscreen.
Plus, my remote doesn't work... or at least the back button doesn't take me to WMC. I'm having problems. Anyone get it right or do we just have to wait for Arcsoft to fix it?
If you're using MediaBrowser to launch TMT5 and want to take advantage of the full screen workaround, but are having problems, here are some more detailed instructions. Thanks to Jason and TrackZ on the Arcsoft forum...
This workaround assumes you have already run the MediaBrowser configurator and selected "uMCEPlayer5.exe" as an external player for Blu-Ray, DVD, or both, and are experiencing TMT5 opening in a window instead of full-screen when launched by MediaBrowser.
1. Open Windows Explorer and navigate to the TMT5 installation foler.
By default this is "C:\\Program Files (x86)/Arcsoft/TotalMedia Theatre 5".
2. Right click on uMCEPlayer5.exe and select "Create Shortcut".
3. If you see this; "Windows can't create a shortcut here. Do you want the shortcut to be placed on the desktop instead?", click "Yes".
4. If necessary, go to your desktop, find the new shortcut and rename it to "uMCEPlayer5" (i.e. delete the junk at the end).
5. Right click the shortcut and select "Properties".
6. Change the drop down box next to "Run" from "Normal Window" to "Maximize" and select OK.
7. If necessary, move the shortcut back to the TMT5 installation folder.
If you see this; "You'll need to provide administrator permission to move to this folder..." select "Continue".
8. As a sanity check, verify the TMT5 installation folder now contains both uMCEPlayer5.exe and a shortcut named uMCEPlayer5.
9. Open Windows Explorer. If you're not set up to display hidden files, in the "Organize" drop down menu select "Folder and Search Options". Then, in the View tab, select "Show hidden files, folders, and drives" and select "OK".
10. Navigate to the (hidden) folder C:\\ProgramData\\MediaBrowser.
11. Right click on MediaBrowserXml.config and select "Edit".
12. Search for one or two lines like this;
C:\\Program Files (x86)\\ArcSoft\\TotalMedia Theatre 5\\uMCEPlayer5.exe
13. Replace ".exe" with ".lnk", so the line(s) look like this;
C:\\Program Files (x86)\\ArcSoft\\TotalMedia Theatre 5\\uMCEPlayer5.lnk
14. Select File->Save and close the file.
You might want to make hidden files invisible again.
Let me know if this works for you, or if you find any errors.
P.S. I'm still having stutter problems, but this workaround addresses the opens in a window bug.