Originally Posted by kzhtoo
Can novaPre be used with Bryston 4B SST2 power amp?
1) Does NovaPre has a subwoofer out? How is the performance/ sub integration, etc.?
2) As NovaPre does not have HT bypass, every time I switch from 2.1 music to HT, I have to switch the interconnects connection from NovaPre to MRX. Is this correct?
3) One other thing is while I connect NovaPre to AppleTV via optical out, I can connect AppleTV to TV via HDMI directly. In this case, I can use Netflix, YouTube apps on AppleTV without needing to switch the interconnects. Does this work?
Hi, sorry for the delay.
Just tried the 4b today at Bay Bloor in Toronto. Works great.
1. It has two sets of preouts. One can be used for your sub.
2. Yes, unless you run the NP to unity gain each time you listen to your HT.
I explained the process a few posts back. It's a pretty good work around so you don't have to change your cables. You'll get tired of switching cables pretty quick.
3. ATV opt and HDMI: This works great. I do it all the time. That also sets you up to do AirPlay on steroids.
Anything on your iPhone or Droid can also be streamed to the ATV including video, Pandora,MOG, your music collection, Internet radio... You name it.
I'm loving the new ATV and AE more each time I use them. It's not what most would call an audiophile source, but I'd think for quite a few, this is a prefect solution for those who simply don't have time to sit between their speakers when they listen. Personally, my dirty little audiophile secrete is I listen to 90% MOG and. 10% to my own stuff via Apple TV or Sonos.
Sorry for the soap box answer...
Hope this helps,