Thanks, Will! Great find!
Originally Posted by isnms
Sweet! Thanks for that link.
edit: A652 is not listed.
edit2: They also don't have reboots listed. They have frozen video and in the help for it is recommended powering off each night. I wonder if anyone that is having freeze/reboot issues is leaving their unit on all the time? I turn mine off each night.
Have a look under Symptom->Overheating:
Rebooting, or message stating that their DTVPal DVR is overheating.
This message appears when the DTVPal DVR's temperature is too high for it to operate properly.
This can be prevented by keeping the DTVPal DVR in an open area with adequate airflow to avoid overheating.
1. Verify the DTVPal DVR is in an open area to receive good airflow for cooling.
2. If the DTVPal DVR is in an enclosed space, the DTVPal DVR must be moved to prevent damage from overheating.
3. Unplug the DTV Pal DVR from the AC electrical outlet, plug the DTV Pal DVR back in and power it on.
4. If the problem persists please contact us or a local independent retailer for additional assistance."
Does a house qualify as an enclosed space?
I wonder where you can find a "local independent retailer"? Also, it seems the may have left off a few causes:
5. Malfunctioning hardware.
6. Improperly-designed hardware.
7. Firmware bugs.
8. If connected via HDMI, make sure your TV is not instructing the DTVPal DVR to reboot itself just when you are recording or watching a show you really care about.
9. Verify your DTVPal is not plugged into a switched outlet.