I don't know yet, at least 9, that's how many I currently have set up (I was just trying it out, mostly kids stuff on PBS and I also set some at the same times to try out both tuners).
At one point it gave me an error when I tried to setup a second 2-hour event at the same time as two other 1-hour event. Said I couldn't do it, I deleted the two 1-hour events, programmed the 2-hour, then the two 1-hour events. No problems the second time.
My Daily Schedule actually shows 16 events, including 7 that I had setup and deleted (it apparently shows all the deleted timers) when I was playing around.
I kind of miss the named based recording that by 625 (and 508) Dish receivers have, but I can live with this. (My main purpose for getting the DTVPal is time-shifting network HD as I'm not going to upgrade to Dish HD at this time.)
1) Hit the Sys Info button to bring of the system information screen that shows the current remote address.
2) Press and hold the "pal" button at the top until all 4 mode buttons light up and let go of the button (which will stay lit).
3) Using the number keys, enter the new address from 1 to 16.
4) Press the POUND (#) button.
5) Press the RECORD button - Make sure you see the new address on the system information screen.
(I think if you skip the last step, i.e. RECORD, then you only change the remote address of the remote - I mention this in case you have a problem and need to set it back to the DTVPal's remote address, otherwise you won't be able to control the DTVPal .)