or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers › SVS New PC12-NSD Owners
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

SVS New PC12-NSD Owners - Page 20

post #571 of 791
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamahaSHO View Post

Howdy, I currently have two Klipsch RW-12d's and have been highly considering replacing them with two PC12-NSD DSP's. Anyone here have any experince with both? I do like the output that the Klipsch have, but I do wish they'd go a little lower. I know with the PC-12 I will be able to achieve lower frequencies, but will it be possible to retain the output that the Klipsch have (30-40ish hz range)?

I really like the SVS cylinder subs. My room is approximately 24'x11.5'x 8.5' which can be seen from the link in my signature. TIA!

Klipsch speakers are among the best out there but the Klipsch Subs SUCK !

I run dual PC12-NSD & love them
they are great for movies & music
they are tight not sloppy when playing music & go Way low when watching Movies
"I Can Feel The Helicopters Coming Before I Hear Them " in the recent "Hurt Locker " movie
post #572 of 791
whats the added advantage to running dual subs, other than just more bass? I have a pc-12nsd, and think about getting another from time to time but wouldnt want to waste 800 bucks if I dont need it.
post #573 of 791
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdmfer View Post

whats the added advantage to running dual subs, other than just more bass? I have a pc-12nsd, and think about getting another from time to time but wouldnt want to waste 800 bucks if I dont need it.

I can't say that I have heard of anyone complaining that Dual Subs is a waste, at any price point.

Dual subs is a fantastic thing if you can do it and highly recommended.
post #574 of 791
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastslappy View Post

Klipsch speakers are among the best out there but the Klipsch Subs SUCK !

I run dual PC12-NSD & love them
they are great for movies & music
they are tight not sloppy when playing music & go Way low when watching Movies
"I Can Feel The Helicopters Coming Before I Hear Them " in the recent "Hurt Locker " movie

Can't wait to get my PC12-NSD.....!!!!

Can you & other Owners give more examples of how it enhances the MOVIE Experience....?!?

Thanks
post #575 of 791
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdmfer View Post

whats the added advantage to running dual subs, other than just more bass? I have a pc-12nsd, and think about getting another from time to time but wouldnt want to waste 800 bucks if I dont need it.

I agree I havent heard anything but strong recommendations for duals if its in your budget. As I build version 2.0 of my theater I am already planning on adding a second pc-12 to my room. In all honesty I havent been "super" impressed with just the one after coming from a pa-120 UNLESS I REALLY crank up the system in a movie. When playing xbox with the volume at or around -30.0 I am a litte saddened but two will definitely add more oomph!! The question now is placement. I have enough room for one up front next to the right front but not another in the front and the room is kind of narrow so the sides arent an option so I dont know.....I say get two if its in the budget
post #576 of 791
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iusteve View Post

I agree I havent heard anything but strong recommendations for duals if its in your budget. As I build version 2.0 of my theater I am already planning on adding a second pc-12 to my room. In all honesty I havent been "super" impressed with just the one after coming from a pa-120 UNLESS I REALLY crank up the system in a movie. When playing xbox with the volume at or around -30.0 I am a litte saddened but two will definitely add more oomph!! The question now is placement. I have enough room for one up front next to the right front but not another in the front and the room is kind of narrow so the sides arent an option so I dont know.....I say get two if its in the budget

well i do have my old 10" profile acoustic box sub sitting there doing nothing. (Actually my PC12 sits on top of it.) Wonder if I should through the 10" into the other corner at the back wall to test. Whats the best way to hook this up if I dont have an additional Sub out on my receiver? Shoudl I just split the cable with a Y-rca adapter then run it to the 10" as well?
post #577 of 791
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxht View Post

I have listened to the RW12-d and PC12-NSD in a same room. The PC12-NSD goes lower and cleaner than the RW12-d. You wouldn't got wrong with it, especially dual PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastslappy View Post

Klipsch speakers are among the best out there but the Klipsch Subs SUCK !

I run dual PC12-NSD & love them
they are great for movies & music
they are tight not sloppy when playing music & go Way low when watching Movies
"I Can Feel The Helicopters Coming Before I Hear Them " in the recent "Hurt Locker " movie

I suppose my mind has been made up. I'm doing it! I just gotta sell the Klipsch first!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdmfer View Post

whats the added advantage to running dual subs, other than just more bass? I have a pc-12nsd, and think about getting another from time to time but wouldnt want to waste 800 bucks if I dont need it.

With my RW-12d's, I played around with just one sub to see the difference and the bass was much fuller throughout the range they could play and just filled the room better. I couldn't do without at least two subs now. I know you wouldn't regret having two (preferably the same) subs!
post #578 of 791
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iusteve View Post

I agree I havent heard anything but strong recommendations for duals if its in your budget. As I build version 2.0 of my theater I am already planning on adding a second pc-12 to my room. In all honesty I havent been "super" impressed with just the one after coming from a pa-120 UNLESS I REALLY crank up the system in a movie. When playing xbox with the volume at or around -30.0 I am a litte saddened but two will definitely add more oomph!! The question now is placement. I have enough room for one up front next to the right front but not another in the front and the room is kind of narrow so the sides arent an option so I dont know.....I say get two if its in the budget

Jack from SVS said for me run the subs right next another
they are 1/2 way between the corner of the room & the display
i tried different positions But Jack was right they sounded best next each other


as for only one sub output a RCA splitter works just fine as the subs are self-powered
post #579 of 791
Quote:
Originally Posted by rana_kirti View Post

Can't wait to get my PC12-NSD.....!!!!

Can you & other Owners give more examples of how it enhances the MOVIE Experience....?!?

Thanks

\\



In the Blu-Ray "Master & Commander" Naval broad-side battle scene I was able to move everything in the room & the dogs ran for the backyard !
post #580 of 791
that's amazing...!!! Please share some more instances..... ;-) this brings a smile on my face...!!
post #581 of 791
looks like i'll be getting one of these next week to complement my pb12+. im totally stoked.
post #582 of 791
hi guys,

can this sub compete with the svs pc12 nsd ?

http://www.psbspeakers.com/products/.../SubSeries-HD8

i can get both for the same price.. which should i get svs pc12 nsd or psb hd 8 ?

thanks
post #583 of 791
seriously doubt it. it's an 8". maybe a Wilson audio 8" might compete with a 12" svs buy what do I know
post #584 of 791
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdmfer View Post
seriously doubt it. it's an 8". maybe a Wilson audio 8" might compete with a 12" svs buy what do I know
thanks....

i guess the psb hd 8 is no match for the pc 12 nsd.

But what about DefTech Supercube 2 & 3 ....??

Can these match & defeat the pc 12 nsd.....??

my friend on another forum said this....

" else go for Deftech SuperCube I should be just slighty more than price of pc12 nsd ...... 13Hz @ 1500W ..... heck even the cheapest SuperCube which is SuperCube III does 16Hz at 650W should be around same price of pc12 nsd....... .......Give it shot"

what do you guys say...?

Thanks
post #585 of 791
Quote:
Originally Posted by rana_kirti View Post

thanks....

i guess the psb hd 8 is no match for the pc 12 nsd.

But what about DefTech Supercube 2 & 3 ....??

Can these match & defeat the pc 12 nsd.....??

my friend on another forum said this....

" else go for Deftech SuperCube I should be just slighty more than price of pc12 nsd ...... 13Hz @ 1500W ..... heck even the cheapest SuperCube which is SuperCube III does 16Hz at 650W should be around same price of pc12 nsd....... .......Give it shot"

what do you guys say...?

Thanks

Def Tech is known for being very "optimistic" with their specs. Sure, it's possible the SC III can hit 16hz, but at what output (and distortion) level? The specs don't even give a +/- 3dB qualifier like most manufacturers do, much less an indication of output capabilities. Simply put, the SC III won't have any usable output below 25-30hz. The SVS is known to have strong output down to at least 18hz or so, at well over 90dB. If you could hear them in the same setup side by side, it wouldn't even be close. The SVS is far more capable, especially down deep.

The SC I should be a good deal better than the SC III, but it'll still fall well short of the PC12-NSD in terms of output and extension. You'd have to move up to the SC Reference before you got near the PC12-NSD in those areas, and the price premium for the SC Reference is quite substantial versus the PC12-NSD.
post #586 of 791
1. guys does so much bass over a period of a 2-3 hr movie get over bearing and that thumping feeling in the chest starts hurting....?

2. can older people like parents go through a 2-3 hr action movie with a pc 12 nsd ?

Thanks
post #587 of 791
Quote:
Originally Posted by rana_kirti View Post
1. guys does so much bass over a period of a 2-3 hr movie get over bearing and that thumping feeling in the chest starts hurting....?

2. can older people like parents go through a 2-3 action movie with a pc 12 nsd ?

Thanks
I demo'ed the DefTech SC 1, 2, and 3 (twice) before I bought my SVS. They do not compete. You have to move up to the SC Reference or Trinity for real output. And these are not in the same price range. As Lakerfan said, the published DefTech specs are not to be believed. Just about any sub can have output at 16Hz, but it's not at a usable volume or is highly distorted.

I am an older person and I love copious amounts of bass in movies. If the sound is clean, it won't be exhausting over one movie. I have watched some movies that have almost continuous LFE and I do find myself worn out after them. But that is from being on the edge for much of the show either experiencing or anticipating great sound effects. If/when it does become too much, just turn it down. Or send the old folks home.

What you will get from any sub will greatly depend on room size and acoustics, placement, and calibration. You also have to have speakers and a receiver/amp that can keep up with the sub. If not, you have to neuter the sub so it doesn't overpower the speakers.
post #588 of 791
Ordered me a PC12-NSD today. I can't wait to hear it ROAR!
post #589 of 791
Within the week, I should be placing an order for TWO of the PC12-NSD's!
post #590 of 791
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamahaSHO View Post
Within the week, I should be placing an order for TWO of the PC12-NSD's!
make sure you ask for the discount.....
they give some off if you order more than one ..
they gave me a discount when I ordered my 2nD one !
post #591 of 791
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastslappy View Post
make sure you ask for the discount.....
they give some off if you order more than one ..
they gave me a discount when I ordered my 2nD one !
WAY ahead of you! I'm cheap, even when I spend a decent amount of money
post #592 of 791
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamahaSHO View Post
WAY ahead of you! I'm cheap, even when I spend a decent amount of money
You have me noticing that in you in the past
Love your build !
post #593 of 791
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastslappy View Post
make sure you ask for the discount.....
they give some off if you order more than one ..
they gave me a discount when I ordered my 2nD one !
They gave you a discount on your second one even if you ordered it at a later date? If so that is great news as I wouldnt mind a second one
post #594 of 791
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamahaSHO View Post
WAY ahead of you! I'm cheap, even when I spend a decent amount of money
You want to be sure to get this discount:

All Holiday Season: "Black Friday" through 1 January 2011

o 10% off dual subwoofer purchases

post #595 of 791
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iusteve View Post
They gave you a discount on your second one even if you ordered it at a later date? If so that is great news as I wouldnt mind a second one
Unless it's changed, they give a 5% discount for returning customers.

You can get 10% off if you order today.
post #596 of 791
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iusteve View Post
They gave you a discount on your second one even if you ordered it at a later date? If so that is great news as I wouldnt mind a second one
YUP!
ordered it 5 months later , Just email them 1st before you order agin ! Cool HuH !
post #597 of 791
Quote:
Originally Posted by ransac View Post
You want to be sure to get this discount:

All Holiday Season: "Black Friday" through 1 January 2011

o 10% off dual subwoofer purchases

yamahaSHO : will be all over that !
post #598 of 791
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastslappy View Post
yamahaSHO : will be all over that !
Haha... I noticed that. I just have to sell my other two subs and someone is coming tomorrow to hopefully take them off my hands.
post #599 of 791
Just ordered my PC 12 NSD.....!!

Been waiting to do this a long time....
post #600 of 791
Look what came in. AWESOME! This thing is a beast.
There is no way I could have put a box sub in this room.
I put it next to Vader for size comparison. Vader is 6'8''
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers › SVS New PC12-NSD Owners