first thanks a lot for the good job you have done on the WDTV box.
I am a Dvico Tvix user and I just bought the wdtv cheap box to see what i can do with it.
So taking your firmware, no pb for me to add ethernet port and make link to my local NFS NAS. So everything is working perfectly.
I' reading MKV HD films directly from my NAS in 720p and 1080p with any issue.
For the Dvico, I have made a good interface with some information on each movie and i add the trailer , so some design stuff.
The default GUI of the WDTV is very poor, and after several way to find a way to crack the GUI, the only thing i found is to :
- generate in dynamic the necessary xml files from the /osd directory.
- I have made some test manually and it is sucessfull.
- I have activate the log of the main dmaosd program and i parse the log, and i can find the information I need to know :
- when I press on the enter button of the remote control (that's let me know when i entering on a folder, and i can get retrieve the name of the folder).
- I can retrieve the scanning of the different pages when I scanning my drive with the remote control.
So I have all I need to make a better GUI with thumnail, jpg background with movie info etc ...
But I'm not a linux expert.
I have two questions for you, because I can't find a solution to do one thing.
I'm using the lighthttpd with Php that is delivered on your firmware version 0.7.
So I have created page in PHP, that parse the dmaosd log and create dynamic xml page with php.
the dmaosd keep on reading in /osd its original .xml file. What I want to do, is to make a symbolic link of some original .xml file to an url of my PHP site that deliver custom dynamic xml ...
I have try to make a symbolic ling of one original .xml file to a symbolic link like 'wget -qO- hxxp:
127.0.0.1/mycustom.php' file, but that doesn't run.
even if when i run the comand Wget ...., the right result is shown on the screen .
Do you know how i could make this type of link ?
A seconfd question, could you a the dnotify utility in your next release ?
Because, I can't use the web server for delivering the custom xml file, I will trigger the read access on the original file to trigger batch command.
thanks for your answer.
if it is not clear, let me know.