or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Home Entertainment & Theater Builder › Dedicated Theater Design & Construction › Johnsteph10's HT 3.0 Build Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Johnsteph10's HT 3.0 Build Thread - Page 4

post #91 of 883
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Mike_P View Post

theatre looks good! lots of progress.


one thing i noticed WAY WAY back, and luckily you haven't drywalled yet... did you forget to vent your bar/sink drain? should be vented within 5' of the P-trap.

Hey, you have a good eye.

The PVC runs up the wall, across the ceiling, and connects to the vents for the sump/bathroom. You just can't see it in the pics as I already framed around it.

Edit: Page 4!!
post #92 of 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnsteph10 View Post

Hey, you have a good eye.

The PVC runs up the wall, across the ceiling, and connects to the vents for the sump/bathroom. You just can't see it in the pics as I already framed around it.

Edit: Page 4!!

Geez John, 3:43am to respond to a question on the PVC, I hope you were up working on the theater and not just out goofing off late during the week?
post #93 of 883
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happytobehere200 View Post

Geez John, 3:43am to respond to a question on the PVC, I hope you were up working on the theater and not just out goofing off late during the week?

I work in an ER so my shifts can be all over the place. It was slow, then.
post #94 of 883
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDLehner View Post

Another one of those really clean workers. Sick.

Room is really shaping up John!

CD

Just saw this...

Yeah, I have to vacuum fairly frequently. It gets on my nerves.

I hate to think how much time and energy I waste on vacuuming...
post #95 of 883
Thread Starter 
My 3 pails of GG (45lbs each!), speedloader, and case of acoustic caulk are here!

I'm running behind because:

1. It has rained for the last 5 days...continuously..and the drywall guys aren't delivering.
2. I haven't quite finished insulation (which is probably good that the drywall isn't here, yet).

I'll have to snap a pic...
post #96 of 883
Thread Starter 
Pics of the GG:

post #97 of 883
Thread Starter 
Closeup of the speedloader:



It is heavy and solid. It's cute how they included a mini can of WD40 with it.



Closeup of 1 the tubes of SilentSeal (acoustic caulk)

Compare it to a tube of "normal sized" tube of caulk...they're ginormous. I'm going to have to get another caulk gun.
post #98 of 883
I think I know what you are doing this weekend....
post #99 of 883
Wow that's a ton of GG!!
post #100 of 883
That's how much I had for me 14x23 room and I ended up having a half of bucket left. The buckets look so clean and shiny. Don't get too used to it!
post #101 of 883
Thread Starter 
OK, so this is actually John's wife - I had to see what he is always doing on the computer. So you are the people egging him on with this never ending project! I cannot wait until John has a "soundproof" space to play with his bass.

By the way - his wife does help him with the MDF!
post #102 of 883
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by queendvd2 View Post

That's how much I had for me 14x23 room and I ended up having a half of bucket left. The buckets look so clean and shiny. Don't get too used to it!

At some point, I plan on having to call 911 for help to get myself unstuck from the walls and/or the ceiling.
post #103 of 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnsteph10 View Post

OK, so this is actually John's wife - I had to see what he is always doing on the computer. So you are the people egging him on with this never ending project! I cannot wait until John has a "soundproof" space to play with his bass.

By the way - his wife does help him with the MDF!

Oh crap. Another wife has broke the code!!! Everyone hide behind your Berks. Maybe she won't see you.
post #104 of 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnsteph10 View Post

OK, so this is actually John's wife - I had to see what he is always doing on the computer. So you are the people egging him on with this never ending project! I cannot wait until John has a "soundproof" space to play with his bass.

By the way - his wife does help him with the MDF!

John always mentions how wonderful, supportive and special you are and that he is lucky to have you and to be allowed to build such a great room that he know you'll be proud of. We all here on the board are jealous....
post #105 of 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happytobehere200 View Post

John always mentions how wonderful, supportive and special you are and that he is lucky to have you and to be allowed to build such a great room that he know you'll be proud of. We all here on the board are jealous....

post #106 of 883
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happytobehere200 View Post

John always mentions how wonderful, supportive and special you are and that he is lucky to have you and to be allowed to build such a great room that he know you'll be proud of. We all here on the board are jealous....

psst...the money is on its way...shhhh
post #107 of 883
Wow.........I didn't know that GG came in buckets now. That would have saved me so much time and arm energy!

I believe I used 16 or 18 tubes and had 2 left over on my 16x20 room.

That speedloader is mighty shiny.
post #108 of 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnsteph10 View Post

psst...the money is on its way...shhhh

Save the money and use it on the theater, that would make me happier plus I always thought that this board was about supporting one another in our pursuit of AV. WAF is always a key part of the design/build criteria that we all need help with in any way, shape or form.... Now back to work...
post #109 of 883
Not one... Not two... but THREE pictures of Green Glue still in the bucket...

Someone shoot me.
post #110 of 883
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPh Drew View Post

Not one... Not two... but THREE pictures of Green Glue still in the bucket...

Someone shoot me.

I wish someone would.

Just wait...I already know what I'll spell out for you in GG...soon.


Don't you have to take a vicodin or something?
post #111 of 883
Thread Starter 
Update:

4/7/2009:


Just went to HD/Lowes...again. Picked up what I hope will be the last of the R13 (8 more rolls) and some R19 to start running in the ceiling.

The very last electrical thing I have to do is wire up the 15a black receptacle for the projector.


...then DRYWALL.
post #112 of 883
Thread Starter 
Update:

4/11-4/12/2009

Continuing to insulate. I probably only need 4-5 more rolls of R13 for the rest of the HT and then I start R19 for ceiling.

The only other things left to do are to wire the receptacle for the projector and frame the bathroom ceiling a little lower to cover all of the exposed plumbing.

....then drywall!!

I would have gotten a lot more done this weekend but my "Honey Do List" finally got long enough that I had to knock some stuff off of it.
- I mulched all of the flower beds (I never want to shovel ever again)
- I planted a bunch of rose bushes that my wife bought (and broke a sprinkler line)
- I then fixed the sprinkler line and moved it out of the way
- I fertilized the lawn (not THAT you dirty minds)

It sure doesn't seem like much when I type it out....geez.
post #113 of 883
Thread Starter 
Well, it has been several weeks since an update. I did nothing for a while as I was approaching burnout...then motivation hit me again!

4/30 - Update

Framed the bathroom/bathroom closet ceilings lower to cover all of the exposed plumbing from the BR upstairs and the ductwork.

I also started to insulated the bathroom walls.

I tidied up some.

Still need to:

1. Run speaker wire for the buttkickers.
2. Hook up outlet in ceiling for projector.
3. LV plate for projector in ceiling.
4. Insulate with R13 the remaining bathroom int walls.
5. Insulate the ceiling with R19.
6. Wire for the screen lighting ( 3 3 inch cans)
7. Insulate screen wall with R19.
8. Move the HT cans 1 rafter over.
9. Label all of the wires and finish running them through crawlspace to equipment closet.

I have struck out on 2 drywall contractors....we make an appointment for them to come by to see the job/estimate...and then they just don't show up.

Arg.

Oh well...I'm still making more progress than Logan and that's all that matters.

...and hearing Logan talking about smacking dimpled balls for a week just brings tears to my eyes.
post #114 of 883
Thread Starter 
I see my list above...wow, I thought I get some stuff done.

What I actually did:

7. Insulate screen wall with R19.
8. Move the HT cans 1 rafter over.


What's Left:

1. Run speaker wire for the buttkickers.
2. Hook up outlet in ceiling for projector.
3. LV plate for projector in ceiling.
4. Insulate with R13 the remaining bathroom int walls.
5. Insulate the ceiling with R19.
6. Wire for the screen lighting ( 3 3 inch cans)
9. Label all of the wires and finish running them through crawlspace to equipment closet.
post #115 of 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnsteph10 View Post

Move the 8 can lights in the HT main area over 1 rafter so that everything would be symmetrical. Was it necessary? No.

Was it my OCD? Yes.

You'll be glad you did though. My Electrician tried to put my 4 cans completely out of whack that looked stupid. I had him redo it so they were symmetrical. It would have driven me nuts if he left it like that!
post #116 of 883
John,

Looking good so far, but you better bust a move if you want to actually hear those Catalyst's that should be arriving soon,

They would be motivation enough for me to take a few weeks off of work!!!

and to anyone who hasn't heard Mark Seatons speakers, you are really missing out on something special!!!

Here's to a productive weekend of HT work, John!!!

Garen
post #117 of 883
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnwalters View Post

You'll be glad you did though. My Electrician tried to put my 4 cans completely out of whack that looked stupid. I had him redo it so they were symmetrical. It would have driven me nuts if he left it like that!

I totally agree.

Being observant is both a blessing and a curse.

My wife laughed at me when she saw me moving the lights. She just doesn't understand.
post #118 of 883
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarenT View Post

John,

Looking good so far, but you better bust a move if you want to actually hear those Catalyst's that should be arriving soon,

They would be motivation enough for me to take a few weeks off of work!!!

and to anyone who hasn't heard Mark Seatons speakers, you are really missing out on something special!!!

Here's to a productive weekend of HT work, John!!!

Garen


Hey Garen,

Thanks a lot! Hopefully the Catalysts will be here within 2 weeks or so. I still don't have a pre-pro yet, however.

Unfortunately, my weekend will consist of working.....at my job.
post #119 of 883
I live near Mark so maybe I should keep your speakers out of your construction zone until your ready? You'd hate to damage one...

When your ready, I send em to ya...

GT
post #120 of 883
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarenT View Post

I live near Mark so maybe I should keep your speakers out of your construction zone until your ready? You'd hate to damage one...

When your ready, I send em to ya...

GT

Now, THAT is a selfless act.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Home Entertainment & Theater Builder › Dedicated Theater Design & Construction › Johnsteph10's HT 3.0 Build Thread